Wood is placed on DL

If there's a set-back in Prior's rehabilitation, then Cubs should start worrying -- Sosa's back ain't gonna magically heal, either.

Of course, NL Wild Card "race" will be weak, and Hendry will make trades.......but Cubs are no longer the favorites.

If there's a set-back in Prior's rehabilitation, then Cubs should start worrying -- Sosa's back ain't gonna magically heal, either.

Of course, NL Wild Card "race" will be weak, and Hendry will make trades.......but Cubs are no longer the favorites.

no wait...

THE CUBS ARE THE FAVORITES. THE CUBS ARE THE FAVORITES. THE CUBS ARE THE FAVORITES.

(Using that reverse logic we came up with a couple of months back).

So I am watching the WGN News at Noon and enjoying a very good sandwich when the sports gives this story. Later on in the same sports segment he tells us that Kerry Wood will throw today (he did this morning and it landed him on the DL,) which will determine his status for the weekend. The media in this town is disgracful. I can not even explain how he pronounced Martin Gelanias. It bordered on the Les Nesman pronunciation of Chi Chi Rodriguez on WKRP in Cincinnati.

So I am watching the WGN News at Noon and enjoying a very good sandwich when the sports gives this story.  Later on in the same sports segment he tells us that Kerry Wood will throw today (he did this morning and it landed him on the DL,) which will determine his status for the weekend.  The media in this town is disgracful.  I can not even explain how he pronounced Martin Gelanias.  It bordered on the Les Nesman pronunciation of Chi Chi Rodriguez on WKRP in Cincinnati.

I have been saying this since Wood came up lame. The Cubs people are not trustable. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wood is majorly hurt and they are lying just like they did with Prior.

The Cubs are extremely bizarre with their stories on injuries. I heard Hendry's comments about Wood and he basically said "He can pitch on Sunday, but we want him to be 100%, he's only about 95%."

At some point the Cubs are going to have to realize that either Wood and Prior learn to pitch at less than 100%, which I would say a good portion of ML pitchers do, or they will each have 2-3 stints on the DL every year.

If it's an issue with mechanics then that has to be addressed, but the "100%" issue is crazy to me, after spring training nobody is 100%, so who even knows what that means

rotoworld:

CHICAGO (Ticker) - The Chicago Cubs will play it safe with ace Kerry Wood.

Still experiencing tightness in his triceps after throwing 24 pitches in a bullpen session Thursday morning, Wood was placed on the 15-day disabled list.

rotoworld:

CHICAGO (Ticker) - The Chicago Cubs will play it safe with ace Kerry Wood.

Still experiencing tightness in his triceps after throwing 24 pitches in a bullpen session Thursday morning, Wood was placed on the 15-day disabled list.

golly! shucks! :P

no wait...

THE CUBS ARE THE FAVORITES.  THE CUBS ARE THE FAVORITES.  THE CUBS ARE THE FAVORITES. 

(Using that reverse logic we came up with a couple of months back).

This isn't good, but it gets the job done

I wish I was as good at that s*** as Cheat and playa

Already been served.

The suspension has not been served because the Cubs tried to pull a fast one and have Wood's DL stint go back to his last appearance which was prior to the suspension. In other words, it has been reinstated and Wood still has the option to appeal.