News on Family Guy and American Dad

Cali

Today was FOX's Upfront Presentation for the Fall of '04 and it was officailly confirmed that FOX will be airing the new Family Guy episodes but we won't get a taste of them until Summer of 2005 :crying

Seth MacFarlane's other show "American Dad" will start airing in January of 2005, basically what Family Guy is to skewering Pop Culture, AD is to skewering Politics. Here is the description:

AMERICAN DAD, from "Family Guy" creator SETH MacFARLANE, is the animated story of STAN SMITH (MacFARLANE), who works for the CIA and is constantly on the alert for terrorist activity. Stan will go to extremes to protect his beloved America from harm – as evidenced by the terror-alert color code on his fridge, and his frequent knee-jerk reaction of shooting holes in the toaster whenever the toast pops up. In addition to Stan's wife and teenage children, the Smith household has two rather unconventional members. There's ROGER (MacFARLANE), the sarcastic space alien Stan rescued from Area 51 who deeply resents the fact that he's not allowed to leave the house, and KLAUS (DEE BRADLEY BAKER, "Stripperella," "Johnny Bravo"), a lascivious, German-speaking goldfish – the result of a CIA experiment gone seriously wrong.

On a side note FOX has taken a note from the Family Guy fiasco and decided to pick up Arrested Devolpement for a second season, smart move guys. Fox would have looked pretty stupid(again) if Arrested Development got some Emmy nominations (which I think it will) and it wouldn't even be on the air the next season.

Today was FOX's Upfront Presentation for the Fall of '04 and it was officailly confirmed that FOX will be airing the new Family Guy episodes but we won't get a taste of them until Summer of 2005  :crying

Seth MacFarlane's other show "American Dad" will start airing in January of 2005, basically what Family Guy is to skewering Pop Culture, AD is to skewering Politics. Here is the description:

AMERICAN DAD, from "Family Guy" creator SETH MacFARLANE, is the animated story of STAN SMITH (MacFARLANE), who works for the CIA and is constantly on the alert for terrorist activity. Stan will go to extremes to protect his beloved America from harm – as evidenced by the terror-alert color code on his fridge, and his frequent knee-jerk reaction of shooting holes in the toaster whenever the toast pops up. In addition to Stan's wife and teenage children, the Smith household has two rather unconventional members. There's ROGER (MacFARLANE), the sarcastic space alien Stan rescued from Area 51 who deeply resents the fact that he's not allowed to leave the house, and KLAUS (DEE BRADLEY BAKER, "Stripperella," "Johnny Bravo"), a lascivious, German-speaking goldfish – the result of a CIA experiment gone seriously wrong.

On a side note FOX has taken a note from the Family Guy fiasco and decided to pick up Arrested Devolpement for a second season, smart move guys. Fox would have looked pretty stupid(again) if Arrested Development got some Emmy nominations (which I think it will) and it wouldn't even be on the air the next season.

:headbang family rocks. good news...

i never got into arrested development though. watched a couple episodes and didn't think it was that funny... :huh

So Fox IS picking up the Family Guy huh? Very interesting. It was my understanding all the new episodes were going to air on cable. But putting it back on Fox is sweet!

They'll have a first run on FOX then air on Cartoon Network later

Today was FOX's Upfront Presentation for the Fall of '04 and it was officailly confirmed that FOX will be airing the new Family Guy episodes but we won't get a taste of them until Summer of 2005  :crying

Cali, unfortunately Fox has ALWAYS had too quick a hook on some of the best stuff on TV. The first season of John Doe IMO was a great show, and they yanked it. Family Guy's yank was just idiotic. I'm sure there are a few others that they have used the same treatment on.

I've never seen Arrested Development, but I do know that every review or tidbit about the show is always positive, so I could see it as being another Fox mistake if they got too antsy once again.

:headbang family rocks. good news...

i never got into arrested development though. watched a couple episodes and didn't think it was that funny... :huh

Family Guy is one of my favorite shows. God, 26 and I'm watching cartoons, pathetic :D :lol:

Family Guy is one of my favorite shows.  God, 26 and I'm watching cartoons, pathetic :D :lol:

42 and watching cartoons :lol:

Family Guy is the greatest cartoon in my lifetime.

Peter breast feeding Stewie was the funniest moment I can remember on TV. I fell out of bed laughing, and even with a bump on my forehead, continued to laugh until I almost passed out. :notworthy