Recap of the off-season

sox-r-us

KW had faith in Scho as a starter.....check

KW had faith in Uribe as a solid platoon in fielder .....check

KW had faith in Willie as 2nd B over Robbie .....check

KW had faith in Rowand as CF.....wrong

3/4 not bad

Shingo?

if d wright gets tommy john surgery than its no ones fault that he was a bust because he had potential.  Kenny Williams is the effing man my fellow posters.  have faith, he is our MVP.

I wouldn't call him the man. But he's done a solid job as GM.

He isn't the best(as seen by signing Koch to a $10 mill deal before he threw a pitch, by signing Konerko to a $23 mill deal, and signing Lee to a $15 mill deal...all are excellent examples of putting too much money into the wrong spots), but he isn't the worst.

I wouldn't call him the man.  But he's done a solid job as GM. 

He isn't the best(as seen by signing Koch to a $10 mill deal before he threw a pitch, by signing Konerko to a $23 mill deal, and signing Lee to a $15 mill deal...all are excellent examples of putting too much money into the wrong spots), but he isn't the worst.

Lets not forget the David Wells and Royce Clayton signings.

Lets not forget the David Wells and Royce Clayton signings.

Clayton was bad.

But I don't know why people consider trading for David Wells a bad move. Sirotka never threw a pitch for the Jays, and Wells was mediocre for us. Last time I checked, mediocre was better then nothing at all. And Wells was a mentor to Buehrle. That in its own right is very important.

Wells has always been a solid pitcher. I just wish he wasn't 41 or so. I've always like David Wells...he's a gamer, and he's always good for 200 innings and 15 or so wins a year.

Clayton was bad.

But I don't know why people consider trading for David Wells a bad move.  Sirotka never threw a pitch for the Jays, and Wells was mediocre for us.  Last time I checked, mediocre was better then nothing at all.  And Wells was a mentor to Buehrle.  That in its own right is very important.

Wells has always been a solid pitcher.  I just wish he wasn't 41 or so.  I've always like David Wells...he's a gamer, and he's always good for 200 innings and 15 or so wins a year.

I never thought he would fit in with the Sox. His personality didn't fit with our team. And I still have a problem with him calling Frank out when he got hurt than getting hurt himself.

I never thought he would fit in with the Sox.  His personality didn't fit with our team.  And I still have a problem with him calling Frank out when he got hurt than getting hurt himself.

Of course you never heard about the kissing and making up part between Frank and David. There was 500-pounds of man-love right there. :lol:

Just playing about the man-love part, but I'm not kidding about the two making up. They actually did make up. They're fine now. I'm sure Frank would welcome Big Dave back if he came to the Sox.

just a little note: Royce was hitting over .300 for the rockies before todays game and after it he dropped to .299 in 38 out of 40 games for the rockies  :o

Coors field factor, u could get Rickey Henderson playin left field and he'd hit ova .300. :lol: :nono

It honestly would not bother me if Royce won a batting tittle in the next 2 years, I still would be happy he is not here. The guy was a dickhead, didint play for us when he was here, and brought the team down.

:fyou Royce

I agree. I put Royce Clayton in my Jamie Navarro catagory. Ex Sox players that I literally DESPISE.