Jeb Bush drops gas tax in Fla.

kapkomet

Jeb Bush dropped the gas tax in Fla. - it's .08 a gallon...

But I'm sure it's not political, it's just for the great people in Fla. that are working so hard...

:ph34r:

It's tied into the busy summer tourist/driving season, so it makes sense from that perspective. Of course, if the airlines all have to raise fares to offset rising jet fuel costs, less peolpe will fly down to rent the cars to buy the gas to drive to the kingdom that Mickey built.

If the gas price crisis does substantially impact Florida's tourism industry in terms of people flying to and driving within the state, it will be an interesting juxtaposition of Jeb and Dubya.

Is it an election year for him? The late Indiana governor, Frank O'Bannon, did the same thing during his re-election bid. Yes, he won. Yes, he denied it had anything to do with his campaign. I thought it was brilliant. For the record, he's a Democrat.

Is it an election year for him? The late Indiana governor, Frank O'Bannon, did the same thing during his re-election bid. Yes, he won. Yes, he denied it had anything to do with his campaign. I thought it was brilliant. For the record, he's a Democrat.

It is not an election year for the Florida Governorship. Buncha dummies down here gave him four more years in 2002.

It is not an election year for the Florida Governorship.  Buncha dummies down here gave him four more years in 2002.

I'll tell you... I would vote Democrat in a heart beat, IF they could ever get a candidate worth a damn. I think that's my frustration with the political system as it is now. The current administration (and governors in the case of Fla.) have all these "conservatives" that are taking things so far to the political right that us "moderate republicans" have nothing to migrate toward, and the Dems can't seem to find a message that resonates besides "we're better then what's there now." WHY???????????????????????????????????? I STILL can't get an answer to that.

Sorry... the way you phrased that just keeps resonating this louder and louder in my mind. I just want someone that would actually govern from the center and for middle every day America.

I'll tell you... I would vote Democrat in a heart beat, IF they could ever get a candidate worth a damn.  I think that's my frustration with the political system as it is now.  The current administration (and governors in the case of Fla.) have all these "conservatives" that are taking things so far to the political right that us "moderate republicans" have nothing to migrate toward, and the Dems can't seem to find a message that resonates besides "we're better then what's there now."  WHY????????????????????????????????????  I STILL can't get an answer to that.

Sorry... the way you phrased that just keeps resonating this louder and louder in my mind.  I just want someone that would actually govern from the center and for middle every day America.

Looking at the American Public and their political views, if you could somehow plot them on a graph, you would have kind of a bell curve with the majority being moderate, middle of the road types.

Plot the politicians over that same graph and, in a private moment, and being honest, they would mirror that.

But to get elected they need a political party. To be in the party, you have to toe the party line. The parties are dividing the issues and heading all the way to the extremes so in their minds, the idiot voters, can tell the difference.

There are very few McCain's in the world who are so moderate and middle of the road that they could be elected from either party. It's Coke of Pepsi all the time. A politician who likes both doesn't get far.

I would love to see the public stand up and say, I do not care if you are a Rep or Dem, serve the country. I am not going to defend a mistake because you are from "my party" and I'm not going to champion a cause because it is "my party".

Looking at the American Public and their political views, if you could somehow plot them on a graph, you would have kind of a bell curve with the majority being moderate, middle of the road types.

Plot the politicians over that same graph and, in a private moment, and being honest, they would mirror that.

But to get elected they need a political party. To be in the party, you have to toe the party line. The parties are dividing the issues and heading all the way to the extremes so in their minds, the idiot voters, can tell the difference.

There are very few McCain's in the world who are so moderate and middle of the road that they could be elected from either party. It's Coke of Pepsi all the time. A politician who likes both doesn't get far.

I would love to see the public stand up and say, I do not care if you are a Rep or Dem, serve the country. I am not going to defend a mistake because you are from "my party" and I'm not going to champion a cause because it is "my party".

I agree 100%.

Politics is frustrating because of that, and the two party system sucks balls - along with the financing that goes with the two party system. There's nothing else to be said.

I agree with that to an extent. I wonder if people really are "in the middle" or those "middle plots" on your graph represent a lot of "I don't cares."

I agree 100%. 

Politics is frustrating because of that, and the two party system sucks balls - along with the financing that goes with the two party system.  There's nothing else to be said.

Imagine the gridlock in a 3 or 4 party system. That could be far worst.

I blame it on the voting public. Demand more. Criticize your own party, and don't let them play the we suck less than the other guy game.

I'll tell you... I would vote Democrat in a heart beat, IF they could ever get a candidate worth a damn.  I think that's my frustration with the political system as it is now.  The current administration (and governors in the case of Fla.) have all these "conservatives" that are taking things so far to the political right that us "moderate republicans" have nothing to migrate toward, and the Dems can't seem to find a message that resonates besides "we're better then what's there now."  WHY????????????????????????????????????  I STILL can't get an answer to that.

Sorry... the way you phrased that just keeps resonating this louder and louder in my mind.  I just want someone that would actually govern from the center and for middle every day America.

There are lots and lots of fiscal conservatives and moderates on both sides that feel exactly that way. I wish the Libertarian candidates represented a viable option for those voters.

For me, the Jeb's environmental and education policy record should have been damning enough, without even considering his extreme right leanings on social issues. Jeb is probably going to cost Florida the Everglades cleanup and the $8 Billion in federal money promised for it, because he won't risk pissing off Big Sugar and development. Public education in Florida is a joke.

The whacko left-winger in me also has yet to be convinced that Jeb did not also seriously cook the Florida process and results of the 2000 presidential election, but I won't beat a dead horse.

There are lots and lots of fiscal conservatives and moderates on both sides that feel exactly that way.  I wish the Libertarian candidates represented a viable option for those voters.

For me, the Jeb's environmental and education policy record should have been damning enough, without even considering his extreme right leanings on social issues.  Jeb is probably going to cost Florida the Everglades cleanup and the $8 Billion in federal money promised for it, because he won't risk pissing off Big Sugar and development.  Public education in Florida is a joke.

The whacko left-winger in me also has yet to be convinced that Jeb did not also seriously cook the Florida process and results of the 2000 presidential election, but I won't beat a dead horse.

I think if Florida had been a traditionally Democratic state we would be talking about Gore not W. And that scares me. Not having Gore as President, but that an election could be decided in that fashion. :unsure: