Hot ~ n ~ Cold

Texsox

Anyone know where to find stats to look at performances after scoring a lot of runs? It seems teams build to a big hit, big run, performance then tank for a couple games. I liken it to being in form as a track athlete. You get firing on all cylinders for a given day, set a personal record, then crash for a couple weeks. The trick is peaking at the right time.

Bottom line, I will be more suprised if we score 7 today then if we score 1 or 2.

The Sox always worry me when they win big. Most times they come out the next 1 or 2 games and barely score. I would like to see a more even offense every game. Its great when they do score 10 or more but then it equally sucks when they can't even get 1 or 2.

Anyone know where to find stats to look at performances after scoring a lot of runs? It seems teams build to a big hit, big run, performance then tank for a couple games. I liken it to being in form as a track athlete. You get firing on all cylinders for a given day, set a personal record, then crash for a couple weeks. The trick is peaking at the right time.

Bottom line, I will be more suprised if we score 7 today then if we score 1 or 2.

Is a track runner an athlete? Is track a sport or is it racing? :lol: :bringit

Is a track runner an athlete? Is track a sport or is it racing?  :lol:  :bringit

;) did you like the firing on all cylinders :lol:

But Like Jester posted, it always seems we go in a funk after scoring 10 runs or more. I'd be hard pressed to bet we score more than 10 the rest of the series.

And how many times have the Sox done this so far this year? More so how many times have to scored big and then came out flat the next game or 2?

I understand what you've just said, but you have to start somewhere. Maybe the Sox are finally getting over that little pattern.

I understand what you've just said, but you have to start somewhere.  Maybe the Sox are finally getting over that little pattern.

Hey don't get me wrong here though. I sure hope these guys have their heads out of there asses. I hope this is the beginning of whats to come all year. There is noone better Id rather see the Sox kicking the hell outta than Minny.

Coming back from Minny even in the standings (takes 3-1) would be awesome.

Let's see how the series could end

4-0 we are 2 games up

3-1 we are even

2-2 we are 2 games back

1-3 we are 4 games back

I am really glad this isn't September.

Coming back from Minny even in the standings (takes 3-1) would be awesome.

Let's see how the series could end

4-0 we are 2 games up

3-1 we are even

2-2 we are 2 games back

1-3 we are 4 games back

I am really glad this isn't September.

4-0 happens... :headbang :headbang :headbang

Maybe the Sox are finally getting over that little pattern.

The Sox are still a streaky power hitting team that will have trouble scoring runs against tough pitchers the Sox would see in the playoffs. They've been like this since 2000.

Now's the time to deal some of the RH power guys when they have the most value [specifically, Carlos or PK] to balance the lineup for this year and the coming years.

The game that worries me is Saturday night, it's basically like us having duel starters, Cotts and Adkins against whoever's pitching against us. If Cotts could give us four or five innings, that would be awesome.

If this were a dreamworld, here's how I'd hope Saturday would shape up:

Cotts goes five.

Adkins goes three.

Shingo finishes off but who cares because the Sox have scored eight runs already! :headbang

The game that worries me is Saturday night, it's basically like us having duel starters, Cotts and Adkins against whoever's pitching against us.

And whats worse is that it's Brad Radke who has always pitched good against us. ;)