Jeremy Burnitz

DBAHO

From the Denver Post,

Nothing brewing

White Sox general manager Kenny Williams wants to change the dynamic of his team's lineup, adding a left-handed power hitter.

He dangled high-priced outfielder Carlos Lee in spring training, and baseball officials said outfielder Aaron Rowand is available. Williams executed a similar move last season, adding Carl Everett and Robbie Alomar. Based on his contract and statistics, Rockies outfielder Jeromy Burnitz would make sense.

The Rockies, however, aren't interested in moving their center fielder, who is quietly having an all-star season in Preston Wilson's absence.

no, no, no on Burnitz.

If we're going to put a Jeremy in the outfield, make it Reed -- and then make the deal for another quality starting pitcher.

Burnitz whiffs too much. He's an average outfielder. His numbers are up because he's playing in Colorado. And like most players of his ability, a hot start will be balanced out by a colder summer

Hell no on Burnitz

I guess I'll be the first to say if we could add Burnitz, and only give up like Rowand and a Minor League arm... I am all for it.

Burnitz is a solid Left Handed bat, and is a better option than anything we currently have on our Roster.

JMO.

I guess I'll be the first to say if we could add Burnitz, and only give up like Rowand and a Minor League arm... I am all for it.

Burnitz is a solid Left Handed bat, and is a better option than anything we currently have on our Roster.

JMO.

MLB Roster, yes. But, I'd take Jeremy Reed over this slouch any day of the week.

no, no, no on Burnitz.

If we're going to put a Jeremy in the outfield, make it Reed -- and then make the deal for another quality starting pitcher.

Burnitz whiffs too much. He's an average outfielder. His numbers are up because he's playing in Colorado. And like most players of his ability, a hot start will be balanced out by a colder summer

Hell no on Burnitz

I am not wild about Burnitz either since Sox clearly need an ace pitcher and not slugger.

But Jeremy Reed is not the answer either. 340 slugging % in Charlotte...You could bunt for more power there. In the majors, that translates into 250. He is not healthy. He is not ready. Wait until 2005.

I am not wild about Burnitz either since Sox clearly need an ace pitcher and not slugger.

But Jeremy Reed is not the answer either. 340 slugging % in Charlotte...You could bunt for more power there. In the majors, that translates into 250. He is not healthy.  He is not ready.  Wait until 2005.

Well heres to hoping KW can address both the Left Handed Bat and 5th Starter Situation. I still think the best shot at doing that is a deal with the Expos. Livan Hernandez and either one of Carl Everett or Nick Johnson is what I want to see happen... I'd prefer Johnson over Everett.

We don't need another 1B.  We're more unsure about who should be playing CF; I wouldn't mind seeing Everett back here.  I like Livan Hernandez though; I was hoping we could pick him up before ST.

My proposal:

Sox get:

Livan Hernandez

Nick Johnson

Expos get:

Paul Konerko

Joe Borchard

Jon Rauch

Ryan Meaux

From the Denver Post,

Nothing brewing

White Sox general manager Kenny Williams wants to change the dynamic of his team's lineup, adding a left-handed power hitter.

He dangled high-priced outfielder Carlos Lee in spring training, and baseball officials said outfielder Aaron Rowand is available. Williams executed a similar move last season, adding Carl Everett and Robbie Alomar. Based on his contract and statistics, Rockies outfielder Jeromy Burnitz would make sense.

The Rockies, however, aren't interested in moving their center fielder, who is quietly having an all-star season in Preston Wilson's absence.

:puke

From the Denver Post,

Nothing brewing

Stay FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Away from Burnitz

Let's see, we've got a problem with swinging for the fences too much...Wouldn't adding Burnitz just compound to this problem? That guys swings for the fences more than anyone. No way on this.

Burnitz is at .294 with 13 home runs and 34 RBI this year. That would be the best stats of anyone on our team up to this point. I don't see why you guys are so against him. He is a good player and we need lefty power. Yes, he does strike out a lot, but he is a player on the rise now that he is out of New York.

Burnitz is at .294 with 13 home runs and 34 RBI this year. That would be the best stats of anyone on our team up to this point. I don't see why you guys are so against him. He is a good player and we need lefty power. Yes, he does strike out a lot, but he is a player on the rise now that he is out of New York.

I'm not against this idea at all, as long as he's in LF, not CF.

NO way on Burnitz he is a hasbeen.

Dont you have to be a "Has" at one point in order to become a "Hasbeen"?

Jeromy Burnitz? I dont think that he is the answer to any left handed bat issues...Try and find a guy who can make contact and spray the ball around to all fields...Perhaps a Mark Kotsay type player?!?! Not that Im saying hes is available but that is the type of player we need...not another masher...

Burnitz would quickly turn into a bust after he loses his excitement for hitting in coors field the home where careers get resurrected "Shawn Estes, Royce Clayton, Preston Wilson, Vinny Castilla twice, and the beat goes on"

I say no to Jeremy Burnitz.

Now, to Jeromy Burnitz, I would like him. He has done well for the Rox this year, and although I know some of his numbers are inflated, he is still an upgrade at centerfield. People are forgetting that that Reed will take some time to develop. He isn't going to come right in and hit .350, 30, 120, .500, 3.000. I am sorry, but he needs time. Everyone needs time. Reed will be in Chicago next season, but not this season. I would like Burnitz.