Jeremy Burnitz

DBAHO

A power-hitting, low-OBP, strikeout prone, below-average fielder?

We have 42,078 of these players currently on our roster.  The fact that he's a lefty doesn't justify trading anything other than belly button lint for him.

That's a lot of players considering there are only 25 roster spots. Maybe they are so slow it just looks that way, or they have split personalities? :bang :D :P

Actually I am not sure Burntiz is the answer either. But, I think it is probably pretty obvious that Aaron might be the one on the bubble and will end up be trade bait. I still like the guy though and maybe he wil turn it on.

I really like JD proposal, excpet I would want Carl back to adress the Center field problem.

Everret and Hernadez could be HUGE for this team.

Carl Everett is not even close to being a centerfielder!!!!!

I wasnt talking defensivily, lol. Just the void with the bat. With Everret in CF, you know you will have a solid LH bat in the lineup, that is a proven producer in the leauge.

Granted that Everett in our line up would be a welcome addition. But, if he is playing CF for us, he'll give away defensively any advantage we gain offensively.

I wasnt talking defensivily, lol. Just the void with the bat. With Everret in CF, you know you will have a solid LH bat in the lineup, that is a proven producer in the leauge.

How so? Carl has actually been rather mediocre over his career with only a couple of good seasons sprinkled in, we should just be lucky we got one of those good seasons out of him and leave it at that. Btw, he has only played in 10 games this season and is still on the DL.

Well heres to hoping KW can address both the Left Handed Bat and 5th Starter Situation.  I still think the best shot at doing that is a deal with the Expos.  Livan Hernandez and either one of Carl Everett or Nick Johnson is what I want to see happen... I'd prefer Johnson over Everett.

Is Nic Johnson healthy? I haven't seen him too much in their box scores.