Cosby Stuns Crowd with Un-PC remarks

Texsox

Bill Cosby was anything but politically correct in his remarks at a Constitution Hall bash in Washington commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Brown vs. Board of Education decision. To everyone's astonishment, laughter and applause, Cosby mocked everything from urban fashion to black spending and speaking habits.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal," he said Monday night. "These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids - $500 sneakers for what?

"And they won't spend $200 for 'Hooked on Phonics.' ...

"They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English," he said. "I can't even talk the way these people talk: 'Why you ain't.' 'Where you is.' ... And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk. ... Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. ... You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth!"

When Cosby finally concluded, Howard University President H. Patrick Swygert, NAACP President Kweisi Mfume and NAACP legal defense fund head Theodore Shaw came to the podium looking stone-faced. Shaw told the crowd that most people on welfare are not African-American, and many of the problems his organization has addressed in the black community were not self-inflicted.

Thank you Tex, we're doing a presentation that talks about the Oakland school districts using Ebonics to teach SAE (Stand. Am. Eng) and this article is a nice supplement to it!

Thank you Tex, we're doing a presentation that talks about the Oakland school districts using Ebonics to teach SAE (Stand. Am. Eng) and this article is a nice supplement to it!

Glad I could help.

Scanning the globe to bring you the finest in Sex, Lies, and Politics ;)

That's also the most intelligent thing he said in years as well.

I really love how these Black community "Leaders" like Kweisi Mfume, Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton love to blame all the problems of the black community on White America & more specifically, Republicans rather than telling them to get their own house in order. Anybody who tries to tell Blacks to take responsibility for their own lives is labeled an "Uncle Tom". Its so sad really cause that's exactly what is keeping black people down.

These "Leaders" are really doing black people a disservice by feeding them that crap and are little more than puppets being strung along by the likes of Ted Kennedy & other White liberals who are doing little more than perpetuating a disproportionate black underclass so as to have a steady base of voters to count on.

Champions of the poor my ass.

I really love how these Black community "Leaders" like Kweisi Mfume, Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton love to blame all the problems of the black community on White America & more specifically, Republicans rather than telling them to get their own house in order.  Anybody who tries to tell Blacks to take responsibility for their own lives is labeled an "Uncle Tom".  Its so sad really cause that's exactly what is keeping black people down.

These "Leaders" are really doing black people a disservice by feeding them that crap and are little more than puppets being strung along by the likes of Ted Kennedy & other White liberals who are doing little more than perpetuating a disproportionate black underclass so as to have a steady base of voters to count on.

I agree, Nuke. They are their own worst enemy. Politically correct or not, that's my belief.

Nuke, Yas, you aren't far off and those same leaders have hijacked a large portion of the Dem party.

But from my working with and around minorities, getting your own house in order crashes down when they are denied an apartment, denied a job and advacement. You've been screwed because of your race and along comes Sharpton, Jackson, etc. telling you it isn't you, it's because you are non-white. It's easy for me to see why these guys get so much traction.

On the education front as long as we fund schools through property taxes, the rich will raise well educated kids and the poor will struggle. Highland Park, Texas required a PhD for their High School Science teachers. They literally give money to other school districts, they cannot spend it all. Los Fresnos High School's top pay for a teacher with 25+ years experience was $3,000 LOWER than Highland Park's STARTING pay for teachers. Who has the better teachers? White Highland Park, or Mexican Los Fresnos? Whose getting a better education?

Truely interested in fixing public education and helping poor people succeed? Stop using home values to determine how much money a town has to spend on education.

Nuke, Yas, you aren't far off and those same leaders have hijacked a large portion of the Dem party.

But from my working with and around minorities, getting your own house in order crashes down when they are denied an apartment, denied a job and advacement. You've been screwed because of your race and along comes Sharpton, Jackson, etc. telling you it isn't you, it's because you are non-white. It's easy for me to see why these guys get so much traction.

On the education front as long as we fund schools through property taxes, the rich will raise well educated kids and the poor will struggle. Highland Park, Texas required a PhD for their High School Science teachers. They literally give money to other school districts, they cannot spend it all. Los Fresnos High School's top pay for a teacher with 25+ years experience was $3,000 LOWER than Highland Park's STARTING pay for teachers.  Who has the better teachers? White Highland Park, or Mexican Los Fresnos? Whose getting a better education?

Truely interested in fixing public education and helping poor people succeed? Stop using home values to determine how much money a town has to spend on education.

And furthermore, as a middle class white parent, where would YOU send your kids?

Equality, my ass.

And furthermore, as a middle class white parent, where would YOU send your kids?

Equality, my ass.

That's a problem in the Chicago area as well. The public school in the area where I grew up was Gage Park which (at the time anyway) was riddled with gangs, drugs, guns, etc. I had to take drivers ed there and that was more than enough for me. My parents busted ass to put me through Catholic HS so I didn't have to go to Gage Park. We had to move before my brother and sister were in HS because they couldn't afford two students in Catholic HS at the same time (my brother was one year behind my sister in school - 18 months apart).

I really love how these Black community "Leaders" like Kweisi Mfume, Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton love to blame all the problems of the black community on White America & more specifically, Republicans rather than telling them to get their own house in order.  Anybody who tries to tell Blacks to take responsibility for their own lives is labeled an "Uncle Tom".  Its so sad really cause that's exactly what is keeping black people down.

Can I nominate this post for Off-Topic Board POTY?????

NUKE!!!!! :headbang

On the education front as long as we fund schools through property taxes, the rich will raise well educated kids and the poor will struggle. Highland Park, Texas required a PhD for their High School Science teachers. They literally give money to other school districts, they cannot spend it all. Los Fresnos High School's top pay for a teacher with 25+ years experience was $3,000 LOWER than Highland Park's STARTING pay for teachers.  Who has the better teachers? White Highland Park, or Mexican Los Fresnos? Whose getting a better education?

I agree that there are no easy answers. But there is a ceratin type of people, and I'm not refering to any specific race, that teach their kids how to buck the system or how to make money without actually working. They teach their kids that they are owed something and they shouldn't have to be productive members of society.

I agree that there are no easy answers. But there is a ceratin type of people, and I'm not refering to any specific race, that teach their kids how to buck the system or how to make money without actually working.  They teach their kids that they are owed something and they shouldn't have to be productive members of society.

But there is a ceratin type of people, and I'm not refering to any specific race, that teach their kids how to work hard and get ahead. Those kids watch other people get the breaks and promotions and it gets a little frustrating.

But I though the Neo-Cons were the only people hijacking a parties message?

But there is a ceratin type of people, and I'm not refering to any specific race, that teach their kids how to work hard and get ahead. Those kids watch other people get the breaks and promotions and it gets a little frustrating.

Those would be the white males in today's society :D