Is Timo the answer in center?

I never liked the idea of playing Harris in center, but now with him being hurt it's a moot point for the foreseeable future. Let's leave him at second and let him concentrate on playing second and leading off.

I hope Ozzie keeps Timo in center for a few weeks, especially against righties. If he wants to play ARow against a lefty occasionally I can live with it but I really want to see what Timo can do if he plays everyday for a while.

I never liked the idea of playing Harris in center, but now with him being hurt it's a moot point for the foreseeable future. Let's leave him at second and let him concentrate on playing second and leading off. 

I hope Ozzie keeps Timo in center for a few weeks, especially against righties.  If he wants to play ARow against a lefty occasionally I can live with it but I really want to see what Timo can do if he plays everyday for a while.

I have always been a fan of ARow but I wouldn't mind seeing what Timo can do

SEASON  TEAM  G    AB R H    2B  3B  HR  RBI  TB  BB  SO  SB  CS  OBP  SLG  AV

02 New York Mets 136 444 52 131  27  6    8  47 194  23 36  10 6 .331    .437  .295   

03 New York Mets 127 346 32  93    21  0  4  42 126 18    29  5    6 .301 .364 .269

there you go.

:nono  :nono

Different league, different pitchers

02 New York Mets 136 444 52 131  27  6    8  47 194  23 36  10 6 .331    .437  .295   

03 New York Mets 127 346 32  93    21  0  4  42 126 18    29  5    6 .301 .364 .269

there you go.

.295 and .269 is better than anybody else we have to put out there right now, right? Timo's a veteran who hits from the left side and has experience playing center at the major league level.

Who else do we have who is better?

there you go.

Rowand has had so much more success.

if that is a No to the concept that Crede has played himself out of a job, I agree

No, the 'no' addresses the thread title question.

But since you mention it.....Crede has definately played himself out of the job. Uribe should and will start at 3B tonight - perhaps he may even field the ball without it getting stuck in the webbing, leading to 2 runs scored.

Yes I realize he is running out of time. He can't be much worse than A Row and is another left handed stick.

I don't think he's "running out of time". :huh

Timo's 26..? A couple more years.

At some point, the question becomes would you rather have Timo in CF or Crede at 3B.

I don't think Timo is a good starting OFer, but atleast he can hit above .250, let alone the .210 or so Crede is putting up right now. It seems that right now it is all or nothing for Crede.

At some point, the question becomes would you rather have Timo in CF or Crede at 3B. 

I don't think Timo is a good starting OFer, but atleast he can hit above .250, let alone the .210 or so Crede is putting up right now.  It seems that right now it is all or nothing for Crede.

Just speculation on my part.. but they waited so long for Crede.. I think they will give him more time as long as the Sox are still keeping things close in the standings.

Running out of time to prove himself as being able to handle the Majors. I think he is going from prospect to suspect now. IMO

I agree with that also. But they gave him a ton of cash... I would not be surprised to see them drain every red cent of half assed production of of him.. :lol:

I don't think Timo is a good starting OFer, but atleast he can hit above .250, let alone the .210 or so Crede is putting up right now.  It seems that right now it is all or nothing for Crede.

I think it's a little more complicated than that. I understand what you mean, though. If you want Uribe in the lineup, he is either going to play 2nd, SS or 3rd. It seems unlikely that Uribe would move Valentin off SS except for a breather.

So, if Uribe plays 2nd then Harris goes to CF and Timo sits. But if Uribe goes to 3rd then Harris plays 2nd and Perez plays CF, so it really does come down to Perez or Crede.

The issue that complicates things is that I think it's unreasonable to expect Harris to play the infield and the most difficult outfield position as well as hit leadoff. I just don't think that's fair at this point in his career. Leave him at 2nd.

Brando, I would like to know why anybody would prefer Rowand to Perez in CF.

As cwsox said, Joe Crede will be fine. He's our 3b and I believe he will stay our 3b.

As of right now, platooning ARow and Timo seems like the best solution in CF. I'd look to see Joe Borchard continue his recent upswing in AAA for awhile before we give him the job. I'd still leave Reed down there to get more seasoning.

I agree that Harris should play 2B at least 80% of the time. An occasional foray into CF for the sake of a productive matchup wouldn't be out of the question. With Uribe's ability to play 2B, SS and 3B along with Harris playing 2B and CF, there is no reason why Uribe, Harris, Valentin and Crede could not each play in 75 to 80 percent of the games. And Uribe really is thriving in this utility role, so I wouldn't change a thing with they way they are using him.