Mulder's through 6 in Oakland --

Noone has reached first base ---

--------------------

I know by starting this he will lose the perfect game, but he's starting against me this week in Fantasy so I had to do something :D

Actually, he hit 3 batters in this game.... and i've been watching this game on sportsline for every batter willing everyone to get out.

Please tell me you didnt jinx him!!

Fantasy team could his 3rd CG in a row....

\/\/007 sorry I had to do it -- Actually I was listening to ESPN radio, and they said he had a perfect game through six -- So those bastards are to blame.

They probably just looked at the box score, cause it appeared to be a perfect game with no walks or hits at that point....

Oh well, he got the Joker (Randa) to ground out in a double play, and Ken Harvey (the professional hitter) just K'd for his 3rd time! :headbang

Grienke to start tomorrow vs. A's

OMAHA – Zack Greinke was scheduled to start for the Omaha Royals Saturday afternoon at Tacoma. Instead, the 20-year old right-hander is now set to make his Major League debut pitching Saturday afternoon at Oakland. Greinke will square off against Barry Zito, the 2002 American League Cy Young Award winner.

The Kansas City Royals say Greinke, ranked by Baseball America as the team’s top prospect entering this season, will join the parent club for the series opener in Oakland on Friday night. The transaction to add him to KC’s roster is not expected to happen until Saturday.

Greinke made six starts for Omaha, going 1-1 and posting a 2.51 ERA. In three of his first five starts, a strict pitch count held him to four innings in each outing. However, Greinke turned in his longest, and possibly best, stint of the season Monday night at Rosenblatt Stadium when he recorded his first Triple-A win in a 2-1 victory over the Fresno Grizzlies.

Greinke, who was Kansas City’s first pick and the sixth overall selection in the 2002 draft out of Apopka High School in Florida, did not walk a batter Monday, while chalking up a season-high seven strikeouts and retiring ten straight batters at one point during his 83-pitch effort.

Overall with Omaha, Greinke pitched 28-and-two-thirds innings, allowing 8 earned runs on 25 hits. He walked just six batters, while striking out 23 and held opposing batters to a .225 average. In his three starts at Rosenblatt Stadium, the wunderkind went 1-0 with a 0.60 ERA, allowing just one run in fifteen innings at Omaha.

Grienke to start tomorrow vs. A's

Hmm, I was actually thinking of benching Zito tomorrow even though its against the struggling Royals if i got a CG SO from Mulder tonight, but against a rookie pitcher, i guess i might as well go for it.

Although, im getting way over innings with all my pitchers going 7 + every outing...

Go Zito and the 12-6!