World Series of Poker

AssHatSoxFan

Oh...I was watching the World Curling Championships on ESPN2 the other day....Germany vs. Sweden....I won't tell you who won but it has a killer ending.

Has any1 fallen ova while sweepin? ;) :lol:

I love the WSOP. There is so much strategy involved. If you want some up to date info on what is going on in the tournament, go to www.cardplayer.com and click on the WSOP link. Then scroll down toward the bottom of the events list for each days results. On Day 1, 400 people were eliminated including last years winner Chris Moneymaker.

I love the WSOP.  There is so much strategy involved.  If you want some up to date info on what is going on in the tournament, go to www.cardplayer.com and click on the WSOP link.  Then scroll down toward the bottom of the events list for each days results.  On Day 1, 400 people were eliminated including last years winner Chris Moneymaker.

much better than the crap sight i was trying to follow

also the 2nd place finisher from last year is out as well sam farha

:bang

Only if you like to watch bad poker being played.

The celebrities are playing for charity and so it's not as serious as WSP and they have fun with it, same as if I were playing poker with my buddies and that's more fun to watch IMO.

Surprised when I read that Chris Moneymaker was eliminated already (he was the defending champ). We watch it occasionally (usually when it is on late and nothing else is). He plays poker with his buds and occasionally I will, but I respect my bad luck and therefore don't try to push it too often.

Oh s*** I watch poker as often as I can.

Poker, unlike most people think, is a skill game. I don't think I'd call it a sport, but it definately involves skill. Reading players, knowing how much to bet, knowing when to bet, knowing when to bluff, how much to bet when you bluff, knowing when to fold, knowing when to call, etc, all involves a lot of skill. There is luck involved as well, but if it were all luck, why is Phil Hellmuth constantly doing well, and Phil Ivey, Dan Harrington, Howard Lederer, Scotty Nguyen, Brunson Doyle, Amarillo Slim, etc. ?

Anyways, damn, Money and Farha are toast. So much for a repeat champ. Too bad Sammy's gone too...he's fun to watch play. He probably started playing too many hands and had to make a move, and got knocked out. Too bad.