Screw Baseball Tonight....again

CSF

They wait almost 45 minutes before they even get to the Sox-Twins game, then after showing parts of the 4th and 6th inning, they went into another segment. And for those that will reply "Until the Sox can beat a quality team/win a crucial series/warrant any type of pub type of stuff, consider this: They were playing 4 games in a place where it has been well-documented that they struggle to no end. Add the fact it was a battle between 1st & 2nd place teams both over .500 and I think a little bit of attention could be paid to it. Wrong. No mention that the Sox took 3/4. No mention that the Sox and Twins are now tied for 1st, and no mention that the Sox went 5-2 against division opponents.

But please give me more of Gary Sheffield being Harold's "pick to click" or a complete breakdown of Manny Ramirez & David Ortiz and their respective swings. I'm just begging you.

Winning an important series in a convincing fashion deserved a bit more press than what they got. The Sox played hard this road trip and deserved better. I'm through with ESPN. f*** 'em.

ESPN News did a nice segment on the game. They showed all the RBI hits in that 8 run inning, and mapped out all 23 of the White Sox hits.

Baseball Tonight has sucked for awhile. The 'experts' on there couldn't outsmart most of the people on this board...

I agree to a certain extent for coverage of the White Sox on Sportscenter and BBTN. It seems the only way to make the top story is to have fans run out on to the field to get the nation's attention. The northsiders have no problem getting top of the hour highlights just because they are the loveable Cubs. :fthecubs

Im hoping that a midseason trade that involves getting Beltran or Garcia, will peak the interest of the boys at Bristol and we'll start getting our pub.

I saw the clip of the highlights, they were plentiful on BBTN and since not a lot of people really care about the Central Division race besides fans in Chicago and some in Minny, I understand that it's not overly publicized on ESPN period. A lot of other teams have bigger fan bases and that is something you just have to deal with it. They could have said more about the series and the race, but if this continues to be a close race, I am sure it will get more publicity. Don't let it bother you though.

Baseball Tonight is not meant to cater to fans of one specific team.

Like any other show, they want ratings. The Chicago White Sox are not the team on America's mind at the moment.

Why should they lead off with the Sox?

If we had 40 wins I am sure we would be leading off, but right now we are just another mid-level team playing pretty good ball early in the season. For those who are not Sox fans, the Sox are not much of a story.

BBTN can kiss the sox fans' ass. The only news that I see alot of sox highlights is WGN news, Fox news.. etc (pretty much the chicago local area) Even though Sportscenter does have their moments, they suck as well. How much you wanna bet if we make a trade, then we would get recognition just like Elcaballo said?

I saw the clip of the highlights, they were plentiful on BBTN and since not a lot of people really care about the Central Division race besides fans in Chicago and some in Minny, I understand that it's not overly publicized on ESPN period.  A lot of other teams have bigger fan bases and that is something you just have to deal with it.  They could have said more about the series and the race, but if this continues to be a close race, I am sure it will get more publicity.  Don't let it bother you though.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not expecting blow-by-blow coverage like they do with NY/Bos or even Cubs/Cards, but a little mention of it would've been nice. You have 2 teams duking it out for 1st place in a 4 game series when both teams have been playing well. They just treated it like a regular game and moved on.

ESPN News did a nice segment on the game. They showed all the RBI hits in that 8 run inning, and mapped out all 23 of the White Sox hits.

Baseball Tonight has sucked for awhile. The 'experts' on there couldn't outsmart most of the people on this board...

Statistically no.

I agree most die-hard fans know as many if not more statistics than John Kruk and Harold Reynolds, but kruk and reynolds have a lot more at-bats than you and I, so I respect their insight.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not expecting blow-by-blow coverage like they do with NY/Bos or even Cubs/Cards, but a little mention of it would've been nice.  You have 2 teams duking it out for 1st place in a 4 game series when both teams have been playing well.  They just treated it like a regular game and moved on.

It is a regular game, it's May, nothing is being decided right now. Get over it. We are beginning to sound like a bunch of whiners complaining about lack of coverage. Who cares if we are covered on ESPN or any other news outlet. Hell, if there wasn't another article written about the Sox or another TV highlight I'd be perfectly content reading this board, talking with you guys about the Sox, watching and attending the games.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not expecting blow-by-blow coverage like they do with NY/Bos or even Cubs/Cards, but a little mention of it would've been nice.  You have 2 teams duking it out for 1st place in a 4 game series when both teams have been playing well.  They just treated it like a regular game and moved on.

I guess I was a little more angered by the fact that they showed highlights of the Indians/D-Rays ahead of our game, but I dont mind it that much. I don't really mind that much, though, if they don't want to show us early on that's fine with me. They didn't show the Marlins a lot last year early either.

Tony, the reason I personally watch BBTN is to see John Kruk's analysis, he's pretty funny plus he's been there before, etc. etc. I like him. You got a problem with that? :lol:

Why does it matter if they show highlights? Im guessing you watched all/if not most of the game, so why do you want to see highlights of something you saw, and "expert Anylsis" on it, when you probably know more about it than they do. I stoped watching BBTN a while ago.

I don't want "Expert Analysis", especially anything that Harold Reynolds has to say. But I would like to see my team get some national recognition once in a damn while, something they'll obviously never get on ESPN.

I don't want "Expert Analysis", especially anything that Harold Reynolds has to say.  But I would like to see my team get some national recognition once in a damn while, something they'll obviously never get on ESPN.

who gives a flying f*** :huh

you want the sox to get national recognition, but if they did a longer segment on the sox, i bet most of the country wouldnt care about it and change the channel for a minute. thats what i do when they talk about teams i dont care about

I don't want "Expert Analysis", especially anything that Harold Reynolds has to say.  But I would like to see my team get some national recognition once in a damn while, something they'll obviously never get on ESPN.

He's a complete dolt. Here's the same guy who said the Royals of all people were going to win that division. He's a f***ing tool.

This is insane. People get over it. Besides you failed to mention the fact that the White Sox-Twins game got a spot in "Out of the Box", which leads off the show. They showed a decent amount of highlights for their game and the Reds' game and then went into the show. They don't want to be repetitive and not show that. Does anyone remember the pub the Sox-Twins series were getting last September? There is no media biased nationally. They are trying to get people to watch, and people care about the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, etc.

and people care about the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, etc.

Yeah, and if people didn't care about those 3 teams, too damn bad. Because that's all they're getting. And hooray for the "Out of the Box" segment, something that may last 10 seconds. Sorry, I think they're worth more than that.

But please give me more of Gary Sheffield being Harold's "pick to click" or a complete breakdown of Manny Ramirez & David Ortiz and their respective swings.  I'm just begging you.

"Yes in today's segment I'm goin to talk about Gary Sheffield bein wait for this folks Harold Reynolds' Pick to Click. That's rite I'm goin to bulls*** about him, would I do anythin else, for the next 30 mins, with Gammons head up my ass agreein at the same time! Now look at that bat movement of Sheff there, wow what a swing, I can't believe the Braves didn't resign him for $14 mill, u gotta keep ur superstars folks no matta how much they cost, take note White Sox and Royals." ;)

Statistically no.

I agree most die-hard fans know as many if not more statistics than John Kruk and Harold Reynolds, but kruk and reynolds have a lot more at-bats than you and I, so I respect their insight.

The only problem with what you say is that those dumb bastards argue stats. There are instances when they talk from pure baseball knowledge, I.E. what pitches to look for in certain situations, how to know when to run and when not to run, etc. etc. and I respect them when they talk about that. However, they don't talk about that often. They spend most of their time telling us that Corey Patterson is better than Frank Thomas because he is a fast guy with a low OBP.

Wow. Kudos to Chris Berman and Sportscenter for giving some love to the Sox-Twins game. Also compared it to the Bears-Vikings game. Anytime you can get a replay of Peanut Tillman snatching the ball from the hands of Randy Moss is a good thing.

Sportscenter just did a really nice piece on the Sox. It was over a minute I would guess. And Boomer even compared it to the Bears vs. Vikings week 15 game when Tillman stole the ball from Moss at the end. :headbang

I saw it as well. They showed the sox scoring 11 runs twice in different innings really fast. :lol: