Just got home from Twins Series

JDsDirtySox

Hey all,

Just got back and settled in after going to the Sox-Twins Series in Minnesota. I went to the last three games and had a blast. Overall it was great. I got real tired of hearing all the Twins fans around me use the injury excuse. Koskie, Mauer, and Stewart couldn't have helped their pitching out any so zip it. The whole weekend was fun. I wore Sox stuff to all the games, and got harassed very little until Sunday. I sat behind the Sox Dugout on Sunday... about 15 rows up... after the Sox explosion in the 4th inning, a baseball came flying at me from the upper deck I guess. It landed about three seats away from me and my buddies. Walking to the parking lot was so much fun after the beat down finally ended. All in all it was a great trip. I strongly urge all of you to go check out a Sox game or two on the road. It was a lot of fun.

Favorite Moment:

Aaron Rowand's Three Run Homer. It was at that point the Twins Fan (and their team) simply gave up.

Favorite Moment:

Aaron Rowand's Three Run Homer.  It was at that point the Twins Fan (and their team) simply gave up.

I was really shocked by the mass exodus of fans on Friday and especially Sunday. Seriously da Dome on Sunday at least 2/3 of people left by the end of the 8th...I almost (almost) felt bad for the Twins players.

My favorite moment was when the Twinkies were down 11 yesterday and they were all doing hte wave (?). After a while Carlos does this weird like dance thing making fun of the fans that were doing the wave after they had been taunting him. It was so funny me and my friends almost peed our pants laughing.

I wore Sox stuff to all the games, and got harassed very little until Sunday.  I sat behind the Sox Dugout on Sunday... about 15 rows up... after the Sox explosion in the 4th inning, a baseball came flying at me from the upper deck I guess.  It landed about three seats away from me and my buddies.

Some Twinkie losers whipped a ball at you guys??

Real classy.

Glad you had fun, and REALLY glad that the Sox put a hurtin' on those poor poor injured Twins.

Sounds like you had a very good time.

The only other stadium I’ve been at besides the Cell is Wrigley Field. I’ve been there twice. Representing (the Sox of course) makes you feel rather lonesome since there’s nothing but people that’s cheering for the opposite team, but it shows that you support your team all the way.

I've been to the Twinkie dome once. The Twins definately need a new stadium.

Sounds like fun time JD and Chisoxy. Plus its got to be even better considering the Sox took 3 out of 4. I hope I am as lucky when the Sox come to Anaheim in September. Its been so long since I've seen the SOx do good (Minus that 17-1 game or whatever it was where Buehrle destroyed Washburn).

Of course I also saw Cotts get destroyed in his major league debut by thte ANgels. Hopefully this year the west coast slide will end.

I've been to the Twinkie dome once.  The Twins definately need a new stadium.

Sounds like fun time JD and Chisoxy.  Plus its got to be even better considering the Sox took 3 out of 4.  I hope I am as lucky when the Sox come to Anaheim in September.  Its been so long since I've seen the SOx do good (Minus that 17-1 game or whatever it was where Buehrle destroyed Washburn). 

Of course I also saw Cotts get destroyed in his major league debut by thte ANgels.  Hopefully this year the west coast slide will end.

Yeah, that's something I don't get. They play the Angels for three now, but don't play them again until September, but meanwhile they play teams like the Jays and the Orioles and are done with them in a week? Probably because of interleague play, I suppose?

The Sox are 1-5 when I see them on the road, and 5-1 when I'm in Chicago.

The one win on the road was my first ML game, a 5-2 win at the Kingdome. Sox are 0-4 when I see them at Safeco, and I'll be there for them in 2 weeks, hopefully their luck changes around.

Also, I remember Cotts giving up alot of walks, but few runs. I know the Sox won the game. Hardly what I would call "destroyed".

The Sox are 1-5 when I see them on the road, and 5-1 when I'm in Chicago.

The one win on the road was my first ML game, a 5-2 win at the Kingdome. Sox are 0-4 when I see them at Safeco, and I'll be there for them in 2 weeks, hopefully their luck changes around.

Also, I remember Cotts giving up alot of walks, but few runs.  I know the Sox won the game.  Hardly what I would call "destroyed".

Holy crap, you were right. My bad...I have a bad memory of things like this. I just remember so many Sox losses. I know someone got clobbered that series cause that was the only game they won and I was thankful that I at least saw it.

Yeah, that's something I don't get.  They play the Angels for three now, but don't play them again until September, but meanwhile they play teams like the Jays and the Orioles and are done with them in a week?  Probably because of interleague play, I suppose?

The weird thing is they play the Angels again at the Cell like two weeks later. The true dillemma comes on SEpt 12th when they play the Sox at 1:00, but the Bears open that day as well.

Holy crap, you were right.  My bad...I have a bad memory of things like this.  I just remember so many Sox losses.  I know someone got clobbered that series cause that was the only game they won and I was thankful that I at least saw it.

Colon is the one who got smacked around..... how ironic.....

Yeah, we dropped 3 of 4 in that series than got swept in Texas, than came home and were 6-1 on that homestand, winning the first 6. that was my favorite week of the season.

I was pissed...the only game I could make it to was Saturday's 9-1 loss. I was pretty much depressed and wanted to get out of that damn dome as fast as I could after the 9th. It really was a pretty good time though minus the baseball factor. The dome still sucks but it is a lot better with the new FieldTurf.

That is awesome! I hope to make it to Detroit for a road game or two because my uncle has Tigers season tickets and great seats right behind home plate. Too bad they don't play there until late in the summer though. Hopefully I won't have school for one of the series at Detroit. And the Dome sucks. I went there once and will never go back.

Did any of you guys who went to Twinkieland happen to call a nationally syndicated politally oriented radio talk show this afternoon? Someone mentioned that they were from Chicago but went to Minneapolis to see "my Sox play the Twins".