Gammons calls the Sox one of the best teams

maggsmaggs

I know a lot of you guys could care less about what any outside source says about us. But it's nice to know someone, even if a lot of the people here, don't like him.

Peter Gammons, while talking about the Cubs, talked about how they are going upon a tough stretch, in which they play three of the BEST teams in the American League, The Angels, the Athletics, and the WHITE SOX. Again, I know a lot of people don't care, but it's cool to be considered one of the best teams in the AL. We've for sure earned it, now let's keep that up and surprise everyone even more and take four of six on this homestand, two from the Rangers, two from the Halos.

Just a nice little tid-bit I thought was cool.

He said when mentioning the Cubs interleague schedule, "And look who the Cubs get to face in interleague play, the Angels, the A's and the White Sox, 3 of the best teams in the AL"  Nice to see the Sox getting their props.

I guess i heard something rarely said by someone on espn about the sox

So he was telling the truth. Don't get too excited. I think we all knew that we were one of the best teams in the AL. The offense seems to be potent again, and the starting pitching is good. We just need some bullpen depth, and we are there.

So he was telling the truth.  Don't get too excited.  I think we all knew that we were one of the best teams in the AL.  The offense seems to be potent again, and the starting pitching is good.  We just need some bullpen depth, and we are there.

True, I try not to get too worked up about what the media says, because I know we're considered "The Second City's Second Team;" however, it's nice to get some praise every now and then.

So he was telling the truth.  Don't get too excited.  I think we all knew that we were one of the best teams in the AL.  The offense seems to be potent again, and the starting pitching is good.  We just need some bullpen depth, and we are there.

Well I'm not going to get back into the bullpen argument we agreed to disagree so I'll leave it at that. The biggest key for me is for the sox to maintain a consistant offense and I think the sox will be right up there with the elite teams in the al.

Gammons didn't really say much. He was just saying they are a good AL team. Nothing wrong with that, but, again, I don't see why people cry about the national media so much.

We always admire those that agree with us. Kruk said the Sox were good also

Lol what dumbasses

So you are calling almost everyone on here a dumbass?

Most people, me included, had this team finishing quite poorly in February and March. I thought they were a 3rd place team that would be lucky to win 75 games in February. That feeling changed after a couple weeks of ST. I could tell confidence was building, and I had a good feeling they were atleast going to be pretty good.

Most people, me included, had this team finishing quite poorly in February and March.  I thought they were a 3rd place team that would be lucky to win 75 games in February.  That feeling changed after a couple weeks of ST.  I could tell confidence was building, and I had a good feeling they were atleast going to be pretty good.

I think the difference between you and Harold Reynolds is that Reynolds has this sort of 'I played the game so I know it all and whatever I say should be taken as gospel' that sort of pisses a lot of people off. Plus, I think he picked the Royals to win the division, as he stated as our 'pitching' would ultimately kill us. Not saying it won't, but it doesn't look like the Royals staff is working wonders...

Most people, me included, had this team finishing quite poorly in February and March.  I thought they were a 3rd place team that would be lucky to win 75 games in February.  That feeling changed after a couple weeks of ST.  I could tell confidence was building, and I had a good feeling they were atleast going to be pretty good.

I don't know man.

I thought most people, including me, thought that the sox weren't great, but nowhere near bad. I thought we would be in the thick of things with both the twins and royals until the last week of the season....

You guys are all ripping Gammons and the rest of the ESPN gang day after day, but I'd like you to think back to the World Series last season. If you can't remember, let me refresh your memory:

"The White Sox will be the Marlins of 2004" - Peter Gammons

You guys are all ripping Gammons and the rest of the ESPN gang day after day, but I'd like you to think back to the World Series last season.  If you can't remember, let me refresh your memory:

That's true he did say that didn't he.

You guys are all ripping Gammons and the rest of the ESPN gang day after day, but I'd like you to think back to the World Series last season.  If you can't remember, let me refresh your memory:

He said that, cause he believe they were going to resign Bartolo and he did predict the sox to finish 3rd. That being said I could absolutely care less what Gammons or all the other bbtn members think about the sox or anyone in the media for that matter.

He said that, cause he believe they were going to resign Bartolo and he did predict the sox to finish 3rd.  That being said I could absolutely care less what Gammons or all the other bbtn members think about the sox or anyone in the media for that matter.

So Bartolo alone makes this White Sox team from a third place team to a World Series Champion? I dont think so my freind. PG likes the White Sox and believes in the White Sox just like you and me.

He said that, cause he believe they were going to resign Bartolo and he did predict the sox to finish 3rd.  That being said I could absolutely care less what Gammons or all the other bbtn members think about the sox or anyone in the media for that matter.

True he also did say that, so in my books he is just another hypocrite.

So Bartolo alone makes this White Sox team from a third place team to a World Series Champion?  I dont think so my freind.  PG likes the White Sox and believes in the White Sox just like you and me.

Also everett alomar sullivan gordon i feel that he thought a couple of them would have been signed.