Gammons calls the Sox one of the best teams

maggsmaggs

So Bartolo alone makes this White Sox team from a third place team to a World Series Champion?  I dont think so my freind.  PG likes the White Sox and believes in the White Sox just like you and me.

Hey I'm just telling you what he said. Because when he said the sox were going to be this years marlins he said because he thought they would sign colon. Then when he was making his predictions he said they'd finish 3rd in the central. I'm just telling you what he said, don't shoot the messanger. :ph34r: But like I already said I don't care what he thinks.

Hey I'm just telling you what he said.  Because when he said the sox were going to be this years marlins he said because he thought they would sign colon.  Then when he was making his predictions he said they'd finish 3rd in the central.  I'm just telling you what he said, don't shoot the messanger. :ph34r: But like I already said I don't care what he thinks.

You shouldn't care what Peter Gammons thinks, but ripping on arguably the best baseball writer in the country simply because he picked the White Sox to finish third, when three+ months before he picked them to win it all is sort of lame on your part.

I think it was pretty obvious to even the casual baseball fan that Tom Gordon, Carl Everett and Scott Sullivan were not going to be back.

I could see gordon and everett but sullivan and alomar there was no reason that they could have not gotten resigned. Even though i was not really impressed with alomar.

I think it was pretty obvious to even the casual baseball fan that Tom Gordon, Carl Everett and Scott Sullivan were not going to be back.

No offense but we are better just to have shed those losers.

The only one that I would want back is Carl Everett and he's hurt now.

You shouldn't care what Peter Gammons thinks, but ripping on arguably the best baseball writer in the country simply because he picked the White Sox to finish third, when three+ months before he picked them to win it all is sort of lame on your part.

When was I ripping on Gammons? I never once said anything bad about him, I was just stating facts but I never once ripped on the guy.

I figured this team could make it if a few things happened. It seems like some of those things are happening and I'm glad. I still think in the end if the Sox are going to make a run deep into the playoffs and to help improve their club to make sure they get into the playoffs, they will have to add another pitcher and potentially make a switch to get a left handed bat in here.

So far I was right to have faith in Willie, Show and to a lesser stance Uribe. Hell, I even had some faith in Koch.

I guess im an idiotic "cubbie-like" fan to the sox. I thought they would battle into september. how could you not when minny lost a ton of players, KC really isnt established, cleveland is young, and Detriot....well they are Detriot. Not to mention a line up that included Maggs, Thomas, Lee, and PK. And outstanding lefty in MB, and a second runner up in the Cy voting, and a young pitcher who will win at least 12. Those combinations lead me to believe we had a shot at the Central this year. Now add Shoe pitching stellar, Uribe amazing us daily, Big moe behind the plate, A solid defender at the three bag, a SS who will hit 25 hrs, maybe a solid CF(come on Arrow pick it up), and a wickwed 60 MPH relief pitcher that makes at least one batter a game look like an ass. Top this off with one word "OZ". Its been a fun year, and lets hope it continues. :bringit :headbang :bringit

and sickening, i forget Willie style.