Ncorg Post Over at WhiteSox Boards

Chisoxfn

I saw where he said the Sox are offering 6yr 68 mill. No idea how true it is but I know many have said that Corg knows some people within the organization.

If it is true I'd say thats a good deal for the Sox and its long enough where Maggs may consider taking less money per year.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty dang good offer, that's right where the years that he wanted, and around 11.3 million a year is good friggin' money. If he doesn't take that, then I guess he just doesn't want to be here... I'm sorry, he is a very very good ballplayer, and he'll be missed dearly if he leaves, but he's not Vlad Guerrero good...

I'd step up the offer a little bit. I'd give him about 6 year 72 million and I'd say thats fair. Maggs takes a little less per year to get the 6 year deal and the Sox put up a little more in guaranteed money to get him to fit better in per year terms.

The Sox keep one of their best players in franchise history and after Frank retires he will become the face of the organization. Plus, Maggs is a great guy and I think/hope the Sox new PR guy will do a better job marketing Maggs.

That's a pretty dang good offer, that's right where the years that he wanted, and around 11.3 million a year is good friggin' money.  If he doesn't take that, then I guess he just doesn't want to be here...  I'm sorry, he is a very very good ballplayer, and he'll be missed dearly if he leaves, but he's not Vlad Guerrero good...

Yeah, but you know people are more impressed with BA and RBI than with OPS, and Maggs will have 130+ RBI this year while hitting .320.

He'll say that if Beltran is worth 8/140, why shouldn't he get at least 5/70?

And he'll be right.

Yeah, but you know people are more impressed with BA and RBI than with OPS, and Maggs will have 130+ RBI this year while hitting .320. 

He'll say that if Beltran is worth 8/140, why shouldn't he get at least 5/70?

And he'll be right.

I could definately see someone offering that if it wasn't for Beltran already being on the market. Mix that with the fact that Alou will be out there (I think his contract is up and he is having a pretty damn good year) and for some reason I also think another good outfielder or two will be available. This means that while Maggs will be one of the best players out their, there will also be a few cheaper alternatives possibly pushing his price down.

The worse thing that could happen would be Beltran resigning before the offseason because then Maggs becomes the best outfielder in free agency, but if he has a player or two to overshadow him, then it makes it a little easier for the Sox.

For example if their had been a Javier Vazquez or a few other pitchers out there along with Colon, I truly think Colon would of stayed a Sox.

I could definately see someone offering that if it wasn't for Beltran already being on the market.  Mix that with the fact that Alou will be out there (I think his contract is up and he is having a pretty damn good year) and for some reason I also think another good outfielder or two will be available.  This means that while Maggs will be one of the best players out their, there will also be a few cheaper alternatives possibly pushing his price down. 

The worse thing that could happen would be Beltran resigning before the offseason because then Maggs becomes the best outfielder in free agency, but if he has a player or two to overshadow him, then it makes it a little easier for the Sox.

For example if their had been a Javier Vazquez or a few other pitchers out there along with Colon, I truly think Colon would of stayed a Sox.

If I am Cubs, I jump on Magglio as soon as Sox "diss" him. Samm, Magglio and Ramirez can do some major damage.

On one hand Maggs is probably not worth 5/70 to a mid-market team.

But on the other, the intangibles of losing the face of your franchise.....And

If I am Cubs, I jump on Magglio as soon as Sox "diss" him.  Samm, Magglio and Ramirez can do some major damage.

I would literally cry if that happened. Us not resigning him after offering a pretty fair contract is one thing. The Cubs signing Mags is another thing that would make me one sad, angry person..

If I am Cubs, I jump on Magglio as soon as Sox "diss" him.  Samm, Magglio and Ramirez can do some major damage.

If I were the Cubs I'd rather get Beltran or some type of left handed bat. I'd probably invest money on trying to get a shortstop as well.

The Cubs are too right handed dominate. HOwever, if they could move Sosa then Maggs would be an amazing replacement.

Ncorg is a good guy and he has excellent sources

Ncorg can be someone who is not always easy to understand but he is a good guy and when I look at the people who like him and then I look at the people who hate him, the people who are his friends are the people I'd much rather be with

If Maggs wants more than that, then I say we either trade him if we can get a great pitcher immediately, or save the money on him and put it towards pitching next year.

I wonder if the Sox are asking again at this point because if he declines they will trade him for a big time SP?

SB

Ncorg can be someone who is not always easy to understand but he is a good guy and when I look at the people who like him and then I look at the people who hate him, the people who are his friends are the people I'd much rather be with

No kidding, all those jackasses are really only like the same 5 people who come in with new names just to bug him. Mix that and the fact that mlb.com has gotten rid of tons of rights on those boards, it's become a pretty dull place to post...

I was thinking about this last night -- There is a real possibility that at least two of the following three are gone next season.

Maggs -- No more O-E-O chant

Pauly -- No more Pauly, Pauly, Pauly

Lee -- No more El Caballo

There is even a very slim chance that none will be on the Southside next year.

I saw where he said the Sox are offering 6yr 68 mill.  No idea how true it is but I know many have said that Corg knows some people within the organization.

If it is true I'd say thats a good deal for the Sox and its long enough where Maggs may consider taking less money per year.

Where did he post it? And you saw it? :headshake It's like Henry Ford driving a Yugo :puke

The Cubs are too right handed dominate. HOwever, if they could move Sosa then Maggs would be an amazing replacement.

They won't outbid NY for Beltran. They have Corey Patterson who is cheap and might just put it all together one of these days and go on a tear.

Being too RH is not a problem when you have Sosa-Maggs-Ramirez. It's only a problem when you have Lee-Konerko-Crede :lol:

Plus a huge victory it would be for Cubs to take Maggs away from the Sox.

this is an interesting thread but why would mags take this deal, because of the years? he is making 14 now, right. I think you start at twelve and go up. he wants 5 years at 14 million. How do we expect to sign him for 6/68? You would need to average between 12 and 13 a year to get this done.

I know you don't mean it. :nono

Corg is creditable. People that come across him at the WhiteSox.com boards hate his guts, but he is creditable.

...I wish he would come over to Sox talk. He's a good guy, but only the regulars at WhiteSox.com know it.

Personally I believe NCorg loves people who praise him. Once you argue with him he makes fun of people. To me, that is not a great guy. I will admit he is somewhat knowledgable from inside sources, but he was also the one who said Williams would be let go last year and will move to N Carolina and be reorged, or was that hotsox chick? either way both seem to have simular resources and back each other up. I find most of his behavior demeaning and rude. That stated I am always willing to read to read his breaking news.