Ncorg Post Over at WhiteSox Boards

Chisoxfn

The demand for Maggs in FA may not be as big as him and his agent think. If the Dodgers get Delgado, and end up resignin him to a long term deal, then I doubt they'll be in the market for Maggs unless they giv up Encarcion. Baltimore would be the otha team that comes to mind but I think they'll be afta some veteran pitchin instead. ;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I still don't get what the big deal is.

It takes two to argue, if he says something you don't agree with just ignore it.

Personally i've never had a problem with him and he seems like he's a decent enough guy.

You're right. The only way someone can mess with you, is if you let them. If you don't take the bait, they can't reel you in. If you see it beginning to happen, just respond like this: Whatever :rolleyes:

And move on. That gets to these "internet bullies" more than anything.

Ncorg is a good guy and he has excellent sources

Ncorg can be someone who is not always easy to understand but he is a good guy and when I look at the people who like him and then I look at the people who hate him, the people who are his friends are the people I'd much rather be with

i am with you on this. several yrs ago, he pretty much held his own against almost the entire board with his views. granted some my not like him or his views, but you have to respect him as i do.

he is a good guy.

You're right.  The only way someone can mess with you, is if you let them.  If you don't take the bait, they can't reel you in.  If you see it beginning to happen, just respond like this:  Whatever :rolleyes:

And move on.  That gets to these "internet bullies" more than anything.

how come that never worked with you

:headbang

when I look at the people who like him and then I look at the people who hate him, the people who are his friends are the people I'd much rather be with

You want to be around people who dislike and tell lies about you... Interesting.

To be honest, ncorgbl's posts often bored me.

I don't miss him at all, really.

I miss HSC and RPS much more, truth be told - I know RPS hasn't officially abandoned this board, but he hardly ever posts here anymore and he was the one who introduced me to Soxtalk.

Now you know who to blame.... :D

6 at $68 would be a dream come true IMO. It is a long enough term contract that we lock up Maggs for his best years, and we also keep fiscal sensibility and it doesn't handicap us in future.

As a matter of a fact my in-laws just bought me a brand new authentic alternative road gray jersey. If Maggs gets it done, I am having his name put on it ASAP.

Not that this is a huge deal or anything, but i just thought I'd share this. My buddy owns a paintless dent repair company, and he was working at Fahlen (sp?) Chevy yesterday. Maggs came in with his agent and some other guy, possibly his brother, and Maggs was buying 2 brand new chevy tahoes. One for his agent and the other for himself. I just thought that was kind cool, and thought i would share with you all. :D

Personally I believe NCorg loves people who praise him. Once you argue with him he makes fun of people. To me, that is not a great guy. I will admit he is somewhat knowledgable from inside sources, but he was also the one who said Williams would be let go last year and will move to N Carolina and be reorged, or was that hotsox chick? either way both seem to have simular resources and back each other up. I find most of his behavior demeaning and rude. That stated I am always willing to read to read his breaking news.

He's a troll. Most of his "insider info" never pans out. If it did, Kenny would have been gone a dozen times. Do you really think an investor in the Sox would go around swearing at posters?

Don't be fooled by bulls*** that people can sling on line with zero proof.

As long as people fall at his feet, he's happy. When they don't he's a bitter old woman in need of a bowel movement. The only connections I can believe he has would be to Wirtz, hey, maybe he is. ;)

Ncorgl's comment from MLB.Com

To:  comiskey4ever (2 of 20) 

28236.2 in reply to 28236.1 

While Maggs CAN carry the team he hasn't done that yet, ever.

The Sox offer is 6years/$68 million. That is a fair offer, and Maggs is not worth more.

What Corg doesn't go into is any hooks in the deal. I can't think of any recent long term Sox offer to a player that doesn't include some kind of out clause for the team. I'm thinking of Franks' Diminished Skills clause or the non-guaranteed years in the offer made last year to Colon. The exception is the practice of buying out a players arbitration years, they've done that with several guys.

I don't think the Sox management is cheap or afraid to spend money, but it is afraid to caught in a iron clad commitment to a player who can't perform anymore, such as Albert Belle or the past couple years with Ken Griffey Jr.

From a player's standpoint, a contract with non-guaranteed numbers is worth less than a similar offer that is fully guaranteed or, at the very least, insured. Without knowing the hooks, if any, we can't say if the offer is poor, fair or generous.

Magg's is the most level headed of stars, my neighbor (who's a Cub fan) has done chauffeuring and security for him and his wife at various appearances. He says Maggs is one of the few guys he's ever had that is just as kind and courteous inside the car as he is when he's outside the car with the camera's on.

Maggs is a very even-tempered fellow, if another owner makes a demonstratively better net offer he would be a fool not to take it. From everything I've heard and seen of him, he is no fool. This thing will play out in time and Maggs will make the best decision for himself and his family, it won't be based on ego, emotion or any pie in the sky numbers.

I don't think the Sox management is cheap or afraid to spend money, but it is afraid to caught in a iron clad commitment to a player who can't perform anymore, such as Albert Belle or the past couple years with Ken Griffey Jr.

Alber Belle didn't perform while here....??? :huh

Alber Belle didn't perform while here....???  :huh

Belle was great while he was here, his contract is actually an arguement that the Sox will spend money for performance, they gave him a huge deal comming out of Cleveland and got what they payed for. I was referring to the Orioles signing him to a long term contract and getting stuck with it when his degenerative hip went sour. I think they're still paying him.

Belle was great while he was here,  his contract is actually an arguement that the Sox will spend money for performance, they gave him a huge deal comming out of Cleveland and got what they payed for.  I was referring to the Orioles signing him to a long term contract and getting stuck with it when his degenerative hip went sour.  I think they're still paying him.

Last year was actually the last year the Os had to pay Belle. That was some of the money that got freed up for Ponson, Lopez, Tejada etc...

All this talk about money makes me sick.

When was the last time you cheered a financial report? Hey Yankees, We Made More Money Than You! :headbang You Suck! Your EBIT Sucks! :headbang Our ROI on Nacho Cheese Kicks Ass! :headbang We are Zero Long Term Debt! :headbang Our Stadium Contract is Better than Yours! :headbang We switched the Geico and saved 23% on our insurance :headbang

Who gives a s*** about JR's balance sheet? Put a damn Championship Team out there. Win a World Series. Don't bother me with finances. Either you have the tools and resources to win a World Series or sell the team to someone who does.

When they start printing the standing by profit margins, I'll care. Until then the only thing I want from ownership is a World Series Championship. Anything less is just another bitter dissapointment.

When was the last time you cheered a financial report? Hey Yankees, We Made More Money Than You!  :headbang You Suck! Your EBIT Sucks!  :headbang Our ROI on Nacho Cheese Kicks Ass!  :headbang We are Zero Long Term Debt!  :headbang Our Stadium Contract is Better than Yours!  :headbang We switched the Geico and saved 23% on our insurance  :headbang

Who gives a s*** about JR's balance sheet? Put a damn Championship Team out there. Win a World Series. Don't bother me with finances. Either you have the tools and resources to win a World Series or sell the team to someone who does.

When they start printing the standing by profit margins, I'll care. Until then the only thing I want from ownership is a World Series Championship. Anything less is just another bitter dissapointment.

Gees u ain't an investor or shareholder are ya Tex? :lol:

Gees u ain't an investor or shareholder are ya Tex?  :lol:

I'm a damn CAREholder and want a World Series Championship before I die. At the minimum, before the Cubs. :lol:

On the other hand, please shop at Sears. :D

Guest JimH

When was the last time you cheered a financial report? Hey Yankees, We Made More Money Than You!  :headbang You Suck! Your EBIT Sucks!  :headbang Our ROI on Nacho Cheese Kicks Ass!  :headbang We are Zero Long Term Debt!  :headbang Our Stadium Contract is Better than Yours!  :headbang We switched the Geico and saved 23% on our insurance  :headbang

Great post Tex ... funny! :lol:

Belle was great while he was here,  his contract is actually an arguement that the Sox will spend money for performance, they gave him a huge deal comming out of Cleveland and got what they payed for.  I was referring to the Orioles signing him to a long term contract and getting stuck with it when his degenerative hip went sour.  I think they're still paying him.

No they aren't. And insurance paid most of it the last 3 years.

#1... it's EBITDA. #2.. I can't believe you don't care about the Sox SG&A. :o What kind of fan are you! :rolleyes:

:lol:

Ncorgbl and I usually team up on trolls, but he has been dealing with his stalkers lately. I respect the guy, and it seems like he knows what he is talking about.

Who do we know you better as, and why are you hiding? :lol:

#1... it's EBITDA. #2.. I can't believe you don't care about the Sox SG&A.  :o  What kind of fan are you!  :rolleyes:

:lol:

It could be EBIT, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you want to include Depreciation and Amortization to get a true income before giving Uncle Sam gets his, it is EBIT. The actual cash basis performance of the company is EBITDA. There are also some accruals and deferrals that you need to look at as well but we can cover this next class.