I want Ichiro

WSoxShuf

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a more likely guy we could go afta is Bret Boone. Uribe can move to SS next season and we can hav Boone at 2B, if JR is willin to add to the payroll a little.

Don't need to go afta Boone. He's declining too. Harris is a good Glove man.

Don't need to go afta Boone. He's declining too. Harris is a good Glove man.

Harris could play in CF for consistent playing time, I'm all for havin a Harris and Uribe middle infield for the next 5 years, but if we hav a chance to add a bat like Boone in a good deal, we should seriously consider it. ;)

Harris could play in CF for consistent playing time, I'm all for havin a Harris and Uribe middle infield for the next 5 years, but if we hav a chance to add a bat like Boone in a good deal, we should seriously consider it.  ;)

What are you Willing to give up for a 37 Year Old Boone ;) Harris is not a regular centerfielder

I think a more likely guy we could go afta is Bret Boone

Makes too much and is 35+. Is not doing well at all, the roider that he is.

How about Mike Cameron:

-Makes 4.5 Million this year.

-Is finally over the groin injury that ruined last season's final 2 months.

-Can still swipe 25 bags and avoids GIDP, can play small-ball.

-As good as it gets defensively

-Since 2000, has a near-900 OPS away from Safeco - thrives at USCF

-Will be embraced by Sox fans

-Is off to a slow start, so Mets might pick up some of the contract

Sure, let's try Jeremy Reed first and see how he does in platoon with A-Row, but if that doesn't work, Cameron might be just what the doc ordered.

Can he veto the trade to the Sox?

How about Mike Cameron:

Sure, let's try Jeremy Reed first and see how he does in platoon with A-Row, but if that doesn't work, Cameron might be just what the doc ordered.

Cameron doesn't hit at a high enough average for me. Love his power and speed, but I don't think he'd want to come back here and play for us. What about J.D Drew? ;)

How about Mike Cameron:

I don't think the mets are ready to sell anything off yet. They're .500 and they might be buyers and not sellers.

How about Mike Cameron:

So you say Beltran Sucks and you want cameron? ;) :unsure: :headshake :banghead :huh

Cameron doesn't hit at a high enough average for me. Love his power and speed, but I don't think he'd want to come back here and play for us. What about J.D Drew?  ;)

Have you seen his numbers away from Safeco and especially at USCF, with that Midsummer Night's Stream to LCF? Awesome.

He avoids GIDP, he bunts, he steals bases and does everything else well on the pads, so his OPS is more impressive because we know it's not "one-dimensional".

Spectacular defensively.

Now that he is healthy and has a reasonable salary....Mets will be falling out of contention, there is no question about it. Why not try to go after Cameron around mid-June?

Have you seen his numbers away from Safeco and especially at USCF, with that Midsummer Night's Stream to LCF?  Awesome.

He avoids GIDP, he bunts, he steals bases and does everything else well on the pads, so his OPS is more impressive because we know it's not "one-dimensional".

Spectacular defensively.

Now that he is healthy and has a reasonable salary....Mets will be falling out of contention, there is no question about it.    Why not try to go after Cameron around mid-June?

And he strikes out more than 130 times a year doesn't walk much and just because he hits well as a visitor doesn't mean it will keep up. I'll give the good d and speed but that about it. You can't steal first base

I'd love to put a player like J. D. Drew in the middle of our line up.  If he can stay healthy, that is.

In other news....

If he came Cheap. JD really never lived up to his potential

In other news....

If he came Cheap. JD really never lived up to his potential

If JD could put together a healthy season, he would begin to get there. The guy has some talent, but every time he gets rolling, he gets hurt. Some times a guy is fragile and other times a guy is just unlucky. I don't know where Drew fits in that area, but he's a good solid LH hitter that has the potential to be a huge difference maker right now.

If JD could put together a healthy season, he would begin to get there.  The guy has some talent, but every time he gets rolling, he gets hurt.  Some times a guy is fragile and other times a guy is just unlucky.  I don't know where Drew fits in that area, but he's a good solid LH hitter that has the potential to be a huge difference maker right now.

Agree with ya. JD got a lot of talent. I think he's kinda both Fragile and Unlucky. That's ehy i said he would have to come cheap