15 Kids?!?!

Soxy

Ouch, ouch, ouch. (and that was just thinking about how much it's going to cost to send them all to college... :rolleyes: )

PS The husband's name is Jim Bob.

Ark. Family Marks Birth of 15th Child

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - Michelle Duggar's family says that the mother is all smiles after delivering her 15th child.

Both the baby and mother were doing well, although Michelle was feeling some discomfort because the birth was her second by Caesarean section, said father and former state legislator Jim Bob Duggar's mother, Mary Duggar.

"She's a trooper. She's just all smiles," Mary Duggar said in a telephone interview Monday.

The baby boy, Jackson Levi Duggar, was born at 10:52 a.m. Sunday. He weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces and is 20 inches long.

"She was wanting to do it naturally," Mary Duggar said. But the delivery was by C-section because one of Jackson's shoulders was presenting first.

"I call him Jumping Jack because he would go in a circle," she said.

Home briefly from the hospital later Monday, Jim Bob, 38, sounded a bit tired but happy. He said his wife and new son were doing fine. He said he leaves the decision up to Michelle on whether to have more children.

"I have always left it up to Michelle because she's actually the one that carries them and does all the labor," he said. "But we both love children. Even yesterday, she said she would like to have some more."

Michelle, 37, probably will be in Washington Regional Medical Center for three or four days, said her mother-in-law, who is taking care of the 14 other children.

Michelle, who home schools her children and is helping to build the family's new home in Tontitown from the ground up, started having her babies when she was 21, four years after she and Jim Bob married. He is a real estate businessman and a former state representative.

Their children include two sets of twins, and the parents have stuck to the letter "J" for their names. There is Joshua, 16; Jana and John-David, 14; Jill, 13; Jessa, 11; Jinger, 10; Joseph, 9; Josiah, 7; Joy-Anna, 6; Jeremiah and Jedidiah, 5; Jason, 4; James, 2; and Justin, 1.

That alot of mouths to feed...

Is it just me or does anyone feel bad for the child named Jedidiah?

Soon her home school will be able to participate in high school sporting events since there attendance increases every year

15 Kids... :bang

And apparently not on welfare!! Good for them, and congrats to the parents. :cheers

That part to me, is absolutely amazing. And very cool.

It says that there are a few gen-u-ine folks still out there, making it on their own and not wanting the government (US) to take care of their family all because they can't keep their pants zipped. All too often, that's not the case.

:cheers Jim Bob and Michelle.

Your not goin to believe this:

Someone who works at the Movie Theatre is 29, and he has 4 kids all from different mothers. He told me that he wants at least 6 more and again from different mothers.

WOW!!!!!!!! I don't even know how he pays for 1 kid with the job he has.

15 Kids?? Geez don't they realize there is birth control... like pulling out? hehe

Why would they need BC.? Obviously they wanted them (and apparently might want more... ) and they seem to be more than able to take care of them without government assistance. I say have 50 if you can take care of them. One of my girlfriends from HS has 6. She loves being a mom and her and her husband can afford them.

Personally I'm with Tex.. I have a hard time getting privacy with the dog and cats running around. :lolhitting

Why would they need BC.? Obviously they wanted them (and apparently might want more... ) and they seem to be more than able to take care of them without government assistance. I say have 50 if you can take care of them. One of my girlfriends from HS has 6. She loves being a mom and her and her husband can afford them.

Personally I'm with Tex.. I have a hard time getting privacy with the dog and cats running around.  :lolhitting

All I have to say is more power to them. I don't want any. I know how bad I was as a kid and I wouldn't do that to myself lol

Overpopulation Station....

I say if they really want that many and can take care of them, they can have them but personally I dont understand the point of 15+ kids...

Word.

At risk of sounding like a jerk, I think it's pretty socially irresponsible to have 15 kids, regardless of your ability to pay for them. If every couple had 15 kids, we'd be looking at a Logan's Run situation.

Ouch, ouch, ouch. (and that was just thinking about how much it's going to cost to send them all to college... :rolleyes: )

PS The husband's name is Jim Bob.

Ark. Family Marks Birth of 15th Child

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - Michelle Duggar's family says that the mother is all smiles after delivering her 15th child.

Both the baby and mother were doing well, although Michelle was feeling some discomfort because the birth was her second by Caesarean section, said father and former state legislator Jim Bob Duggar's mother, Mary Duggar.

"She's a trooper. She's just all smiles," Mary Duggar said in a telephone interview Monday.

The baby boy, Jackson Levi Duggar, was born at 10:52 a.m. Sunday. He weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces and is 20 inches long.

"She was wanting to do it naturally," Mary Duggar said. But the delivery was by C-section because one of Jackson's shoulders was presenting first.

"I call him Jumping Jack because he would go in a circle," she said.

Home briefly from the hospital later Monday, Jim Bob, 38, sounded a bit tired but happy. He said his wife and new son were doing fine. He said he leaves the decision up to Michelle on whether to have more children.

"I have always left it up to Michelle because she's actually the one that carries them and does all the labor," he said. "But we both love children. Even yesterday, she said she would like to have some more."

Michelle, 37, probably will be in Washington Regional Medical Center for three or four days, said her mother-in-law, who is taking care of the 14 other children.

Michelle, who home schools her children and is helping to build the family's new home in Tontitown from the ground up, started having her babies when she was 21, four years after she and Jim Bob married. He is a real estate businessman and a former state representative.

Their children include two sets of twins, and the parents have stuck to the letter "J" for their names. There is Joshua, 16; Jana and John-David, 14; Jill, 13; Jessa, 11; Jinger, 10; Joseph, 9; Josiah, 7; Joy-Anna, 6; Jeremiah and Jedidiah, 5; Jason, 4; James, 2; and Justin, 1.

In my family we have 2 sets of twins and 1 older one...

the ages? 16, 13, 18...+2 parents=7 ppl...