Tuesday Texas Game Thread 5-25

cwsox

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

70 at bats over 3 major league seasons is not an adequate sample size.  If were talking two or three full seasons in the majors, then I'd have a completely different take.

Heck prior to this year if you based things on stats like that you wouldn't play Willie at all.  Stats are useless when looking at a player that never once was given a shot at playing everyday. 

Willie was finally given that shot this year and he's responded well.  His 15 ab's against lefties, most of which came early in the season when he was still making his adjustments. 

Jose has how many seasons of suckitude against lefties and he can't hit a curveball at all.  No stat is going to tell me any different, I trust my eyes and my ability to break down a player whom I've watched um teen times over the years with the White Sox.

I don't see Willie have the same trouble adjusting to the curveball as Jose and quite frankly that or breaking pitches are typically what will cause a hitter to struggle against a particular pitcher (lefty or righty). 

Willie will show you that he can hit decently against lefties.  He also is patient and is a threat at the top of the order and plays good defense.  Jose hustles and does some little things but he won't even make contact against lefties.

You must not have read it correctly.

Not gonna "touch" lefties? Can't hit a curveball?

He CRUSHED them in 20 at bats during THIS sprinng training.

He smoked the ball of Santana and Romero.

What part of "learning curve" is not clear?

I don't see what he did as a right-hander in the past against LHP is relevant.'

Willie has no chance against LHP, bat too slow. Jose has a great chance when he connects - which as he gets used to seeing them from the left side, he be will doing more and more. As long as he hits 220-ish with some power by year's end, no problem.

I know you don't like Jose, but this is as obvious as it gets. The past doesn't matter, all those curveball in the dirt don't matter, he'll start laying off of them as he sees more of each lefty from that side.

Expect him to start.