What About This?

Wong & Owens

No. Berroa seems to be in Joe Crede-land right now, hitting .236 with an OBP of .264(lower then the average of most of the players on the Sox). And Smiley is mediocre. Meanwhile, you are giving them our only LH power in the lineup and a 3Bman with a good future, to go along with a player on the rebound in AAA and a solid pitching prospect?

KC would cream their pants if they saw that deal come up, and we'd be f***ing our future up in a hurry. It solves no problems. Only makes more problems.

We need an ace and another LH power hitter, along with some bullpen depth. Simple as that.

No.  Berroa seems to be in Joe Crede-land right now, hitting .236 with an OBP of .264(lower then the average of most of the players on the Sox).  And Smiley is mediocre.  Meanwhile, you are giving them our only LH power in the lineup and a 3Bman with a good future, to go along with a player on the rebound in AAA and a solid pitching prospect?

KC would cream their pants if they saw that deal come up, and we'd be f***ing our future up in a hurry.  It solves no problems.  Only makes more problems.

We need an ace and another LH power hitter, along with some bullpen depth.  Simple as that.

Hmmmm, well I know Randa is being shopped, and I am not a Crede fan. How about Randa + a mid-level prospect for Crede. Any objections there?

Borchard? I would hardly call a .275 average a "rebound" especially in that park.

As for Rauch, he's only throwing 5 innings per start, and at least 3 pitchers have passed him on the "next in line" list.

Randa's defense is only slightly worse than Crede's, but his offense is much better. I dont have much faith that Crede ever becomes more than a below-average hitter.

His own meaning a .240 hitter with 300 K's a season?

.288, 9 HR and 33 RBI and he's healthy, give me a break, if you paid attention to what was going on you would realize he was hurt starting the season, is now 100% and is tearing the cover off of the ball. His K's are also down this year. Wake up.

And please take your Shamm-me picture out of your av, it makes you too troll like.

Also, you are forgetting about Uribe, who is our SS next season.  We aren't trading for a SS, this trade and thread are completely pointless.

You may be ready to anoint Uribe the savior based on 44 games, but I am not so inclined. Even if he is for real, there is also no overwhelming evidence that Willie Harris is anything but Julio Ramirez part deux.

I would gladly build some depth in the infield, if for no other reason than to trade them for more pressing needs down the road.

I'd guarantee that Berroa alone has more trade value than Rauch and Borchard combined.

Wake Up? Please. I missed the memo where it stated you have all the f***ing answers, kid.

You may be ready to anoint Uribe the savior based on 44 games, but I am not so inclined.  Even if he is for real, there is also no overwhelming evidence that Willie Harris is anything but Julio Ramirez part deux.

I would gladly build some depth in the infield, if for no other reason than to trade them for more pressing needs down the road.

I'd guarantee that Berroa alone has more trade value than Rauch and Borchard combined.

Wake Up?  Please.  I missed the memo where it stated you have all the f***ing answers, kid.

Thank you for your analysis, Harold Reynolds.

BTW, it was pretty much apparent that you had no clue as to what type of season Borchard was having, so yes, WAKE UP.

And his recent damage has come mostly on the road, not in Charlotte's sandbox of a park, Sham-me.

Thank you for your analysis, Harold Reynolds.

BTW, it was pretty much apparent that you had no clue as to what type of season Borchard was having, so yes, WAKE UP.

And his recent damage has come mostly on the road, not in Charlotte's sandbox of a park, Sham-me.

Wake up to what? The fact that he can hit minor league pitching to the tune of a .287 average this year? This year which is what, 40-50 games old? Kelly Dransfeldt is hitting over .300, should the Sox clear room for him now too?

Borchard plays in a bandbox, with a Walk/K ratio of .3 over the past two seasons.

I think he's a bust, you think he's good, fine whatever. But, I don't recall you possessing any clairvoyant abilities, so you can lay off the "pointless thread" and "wake up" remarks.

His own meaning a .240 hitter with 300 K's a season?

I don't see what strikes out have to do with anything. There are just outs - if anything they're better than GIDP and 1-st pitch pop ups. :lol:

Borchard's problem the last coupla years was not that he struck out a lot, but that he failed to put up monsterous power numbers and wasn't particularly clutch either.

Wake up to what?  The fact that he can hit minor league pitching to the tune of a .287 average this year?  This year which is what, 40-50 games old?  Kelly Dransfeldt is hitting over .300, should the Sox clear room for him now too?

Borchard plays in a bandbox, with a Walk/K ratio of .3 over the past two seasons.

I think he's a bust, you think he's good, fine whatever.  But, I don't recall you possessing any clairvoyant abilities, so you can lay off the "pointless thread" and "wake up" remarks.

Like I said, his damage recently has come on the road, so don't blame Charlotte's park for his successes.

And telling someone to wake up or that a thread is pointless is far less out of line than telling someone "I missed the memo where it stated you have all the f***ing answers, kid."

And for the record, I am not a kid, just wanted to clear that up. Maybe you are old or something and think that since I am younger that I am a so-called "kid", but since you know not a damn thing about me, you haven't the slightest clue.

Nothing big, something like 3 Mill a season with an option - he's 26 and not exactly that cheap - I'll take Uribe at this point

Thank you voice of reason...

Am I really calling Brando the voice of reason? Looks like it.

Has indeed Brando really become the voice of reason lately around here? Looks like it.

Did I ever think I would go a day without arguing with Brando over something? Not a chance.

What in the world is going on here? :lolhitting

Ding, ding, ding, ding... back to your corners.. KIDS. :lol:

Hey now, that's a sensitive spot there Steffy :P ...In all seriousness, I said not a word to Wang & Owens about him personally, other than to wake up to see what kind of year Joe is posting and that I thought that his trade and thread was posted.

Thank you voice of reason...

Am I really calling Brando the voice of reason?  Looks like it.

Has indeed Brando really become the voice of reason lately around here?  Looks like it.

Did I ever think I would go a day without arguing with Brando over something? Not a chance.

What in the world is going on here?  :lolhitting

The temp in hell just dropped 50 degrees... :lol:

Hey now, that's a sensitive spot there Steffy  :P ...In all seriousness, I said not a word to Wang & Owens about him personally, other than to wake up to see what kind of year Joe is posting and that I thought that his trade and thread was posted.

Oh there's no winning with you talking about Borch..

you get a bit stiff when his name comes up. :lol: :lolhitting

In all seriousness.. I understand your point. I wouldn't think much about Borch if I didn't follow the minors.

Oh there's no winning with you talking about Borch..

you get a bit stiff when his name comes up.  :lol:  :lolhitting

In all seriousness.. I understand your point. I wouldn't think much about Borch if I didn't follow the minors.

Kinda like how you get all hot when talking about Sir Sidney...

BTW, are we tailgating Braves series again? :wub: