White Sox announce first upgrade of Phase V

greasywheels121

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They said it on FSN on Opening Day.

That's nice.

Just saying that it's not been submitted to the ISA. They have to approve it. And with the $$ from the US Cell rights nearly gone I don't see something that expensive being done - especially if the structutral changes are true (HR porch).

Can I ask how the color of a ballpark seat would affect someone's decision to go to Comiskey?!? The seats could be bright ass yellow and I'd still have my 27 game package because I love to watch the Sox play, not because my seat is blue or green or whatever else people want....I just don't understand why that matters  :banghead

It just adds to a classic look. Will it affect people buying a ticket or not? No, but that doesn't mean it won't look nicer if they do. I'm all for it.

That's nice.

Just saying that it's not been submitted to the ISA. They have to approve it. And with the $$ from the US Cell rights nearly gone I don't see something that expensive being done - especially if the structutral changes are true (HR porch).

I'm sure it won't be hard to approve the color of the seats being changed. Anyway, that's what was said, so it really doesn't matter what either of us think, it looks like it's going to be done anyway.

I'm sure it won't be hard to approve the color of the seats being changed. Anyway, that's what was said, so it really doesn't matter what either of us think, it looks like it's going to be done anyway.

SEAL... It's not in the ISAA. It's not been brought for approval. I'm not saying it's not going to be done, but if it's going to be done it aint gonna be this year since the plans are already finalized and bonds are not avaliable again until the fall.

Guessing.. but the cost to replace 37K seats is probably somewhere around $400K. ($8 to $10 a seat - guess). With all the "supposed" structural changes... I just don't see changing the seat color as a priority.

And it's not a matter of "thinking". I posted the already approved changes and changing the seats is not in there.

SEAL... It's not in the ISAA. It's not been brought for approval. I'm not saying it's not going to be done, but if it's going to be done it aint gonna be this year since the plans are already finalized and bonds are not avaliable again until the fall.

Guessing.. but the cost to replace 37K seats is probably somewhere around $400K. ($8 to $10 a seat - guess). With all the "supposed" structural changes... I just don't see changing the seat color as a priority.

And it's not a matter of "thinking". I posted the already approved changes and changing the seats is not in there.

Not this year, it's part of the Phase V plans. Probably during the offseason.

Not this year, it's part of the Phase V plans. Probably during the offseason.

I posted the changes approved already back in January. This was part of that posting. This is it until the next set of bonds. Those become avaliable in September I believe.

It just adds to a classic look. Will it affect people buying a ticket or not? No, but that doesn't mean it won't look nicer if they do. I'm all for it.

Well, that's what's bugging me....Are we there to watch a ballgame with friends and family or to appreciate the architecture of a big slab of concrete with 40000 colored seats?

Source..?

You sound like my English teacher.

All he is saying is that he has heard from a television broadcast that the seats will be green. I believe him, I don't need to know all the legal mumbo-jumbo you are associtated with. If it's just a rumor, so be it and I can deal with blue seats.

Can I ask how the color of a ballpark seat would affect someone's decision to go to Comiskey?!? The seats could be bright ass yellow and I'd still have my 27 game package because I love to watch the Sox play, not because my seat is blue or green or whatever else people want....I just don't understand why that matters  :banghead

The blue seats make the park look like a friggen morgue. Ever notice that the games look awful on TV? That can be attributed to that HORRID blue color.

The blue needs to go, plain and simple.

Also, Yankee games look like crap too, but they get B.S. exceptions because they are the Yankees.

All of the above. What's wrong with making the stadium look better?

What was wrong with how Comiskey looked in the first place? To me, Comiskey is the place where my favorite baseball team plays, nothing more....When the Sox aren't playing, does anyone really give a s*** to how the stadium looks off the highway? I didn't know the park needed to look like the Louvre to draw people in....

What was wrong with how Comiskey looked in the first place? To me, Comiskey is the place where my favorite baseball team plays, nothing more....When the Sox aren't playing, does anyone really give a s*** to how the stadium looks off the highway? I didn't know the park needed to look like the Louvre to draw people in....

It's not as if some of the fans are going to stop coming with the park looking the way it is now, but there's nothing wrong with improving it. I think anyone who doesn't want to see an improvement in any park would no doubtedly be in the minority. Obviously the game and the payers are the most important, but I would enjoy being in a good looking stadium as well. It reflects the image of the Sox, and I enjoy making that image as good as possible.

The blue seats make the park look like a friggen morgue. Ever notice that the games look awful on TV? That can be attributed to that HORRID blue color.

The blue needs to go, plain and simple.

Also, Yankee games look like crap too, but they get B.S. exceptions because they are the Yankees.

Well, when the seats get changed to green next yr, I shouldn't hear that gripe be used anymore as to why some people don't go to Sox games or why they don't like the park then....

Well, when the seats get changed to green next yr, I shouldn't hear that gripe be used anymore as to why some people don't go to Sox games or why they don't like the park then....

What? Are you mad at the seats being changed or are you mad about something else? I go to games just the same, but I enjoy the idea of improving the stadium. I don't know of anyone saying they will go or not based on the color of the seats.

I never said it would fix attendance problems.

kwL4pVG4.jpg

The FUNdamentals area will sit atop the left field concourse.

The thing that makes each ball park differant is the on thing that stands out from all the others. US Cellular hasnt really had anything. This will give the park soemthing. While other ballparks have similar things, they will not be like this. Espeically since this one overhangs the concorse. VERY unique.

I'm sure everyone was dying to know what I think about this.

First off, I had to go to WSI to see their opinions, and most of the opinions we're crazy. You don't have to be a sheep and aprove of everything the franchise does, but some people like to complain about anything.

As for my thoughts on the area, it's something different, and until it's actually built, it's impossible to say it sucks.

I'm sure everyone was dying to know what I think about this.

First off, I had to go to WSI to see their opinions, and most of the opinions we're crazy. You don't have to be a sheep and aprove of everything the franchise does, but some people like to complain about anything.

As for my thoughts on the area, it's something different, and until it's actually built, it's impossible to say it sucks.

Sadly that's the case there a lot. I often post there, and I can tell you it's not a place for the timid or easily offended. I for one like this idea. I think it will help our park stand out more, and also help raise attendance by making it more of a place to bring your families. Looks good too IMO.

Kind of like what the Ballpark in Arlington has in right field.

I assume that is the overhanging upperdeck. It would have to be over the existing seats, because if it were over the concourse, it would defeat the purpose.

Am I understanding this correctly?