Papa Tony's

redandwhite

CHICAGO—A franchisee of 30 Papa John's has withdrawn his stores from the 2,900-plus-unit system and renamed them Papa Tony's.

According to the Chicago Daily Herald, the break between Papa John's and franchisee Antoin "Tony" Rezko will reduce Papa John’s Chicago presence to just six stores. Rezko had 23 Papa John’s in the Chicago area and seven in Detroit.

"The relationship just was not working," said Gene Murphy, an attorney representing Papa Tony’s. The divorce, he added, followed a dispute over the pricing of ingredients and the licensing of nearby rival Papa John's units.

The report said Louisville, Ky.-based Papa John's terminated Rezko's franchise license in early May. Papa John's spokesperson Karen Sherman declined to comment on reasons for the termination or on a pending lawsuit against Rezko's company. Such terminations are rare, Sherman said, adding that in her seven years with the chain, only three franchisees’ contracts have been terminated.

Papa Tony's is already sourcing products from new suppliers, developing new marketing plans and covering former Papa John’s signs with vinyl tarps bearing the business’ new name.

Sherman said Papa John's plans to add stores back to the Chicago area.

Mmmmm, one of the things I miss most from Chicago--the pizza.

Giordanos, Lou Malnotis, Ach'N'Lou--soon I will be home to you. My friends up here call me a pizza snob because there will be no Dominos, Bill's/Basil's, or Pizza Hut for me.

Mmmmm, one of the things I miss most from Chicago--the pizza.

Giordanos, Lou Malnotis, Ach'N'Lou--soon I will be home to you. My friends up here call me a pizza snob because there will be no Dominos, Bill's/Basil's, or Pizza Hut for me.

Not a snob at all, you just know pizza from crap.

Domino's and places like that are trash.

Absolutely worthless.

Pizza, South Texas,  :crying

When I am back in Chicago

Lou Malnatti's sausage

Rosati's American bacon

Pat's Pizza, Grayslake, Devil's Revenge

Try Malnati's stuffed spinach and mushroom with the buttercrust.

Big fat slices of HEAAAAAAAVENNNNNN......

Try Malnati's stuffed spinach and mushroom with the buttercrust.

Big fat slices of HEAAAAAAAVENNNNNN......

Among many problems with pizza in south texas is the meat. The sausage is really bland. I need the spice. So when I get back, nothing hits the spot like Lou's and the giant slab of sausage they put on.

I had dominicks pizza today, and i'll tell you its good... It was half off friday, so i ate a whole pizza to myself for only 4.99..

go to dominicks on fridays!

NO!

I work there, we don't need any more customers. Less customers = less work for me.

Jerk ;) :lol:

BTW, our pizza isn't half bad either.

Has anyone here tried Aurelios Pizza? Over in my town its the s***. I've never been to any of the other locations, athough there is one on the corner of Canal and Harrison (near Union Station) which I heard is good.

SSk24, when you have the time you should walk down from your office and check the place out. :drink