Ozzie on Uribe...

aboz56

I'm sorry but I still think Jose should be on the bench...

I'd take an infield of Uribe and Harris 9 times out of 10 over Valentin and Anyone...

If he is hitting .275 and hitting bombs, he should be playing...Looks like a platoon of Harris and Rowand in CF to me for the time being, with Uribe playing occasionally at 3rd and SS.

It's amazing to me how much more this offense clicks when Willie and Juan are at the top of the lineup. I hope Willie will get some at bats against lefties so he can play everyday out in center and let arow be the 4th outfielder. Even though Willie got out in his at bat against Ramirez the lefty tonight he didn't look bat at the plate like Jose does against lefties, I'm not saying willie would be great against lefties but I think he can hit them descently and I think he deserves a chance to show it.

Aboz said:

"Looks like a platoon of Harris and Rowand in CF to me for the time being, with Uribe playing occasionally at 3rd and SS. "

You are da man. That's how I see it, also.

p.s. I guess KW deserves a lot of credit.

He got Uribe and E-Lo.

Incredible finds.

I think Willie should be gettin the majority of the time in CF, Uribe looks a betta hitter to me in the #2 hole instead of leadin off.

definitly. 7 homers is some pop, he doesn't belong leading off, just like Rowand doesn't belong in center at this point.

Jose needs to sit against lefty starters, his at-bats are foul to say the least against southpaws. So the lineup against lefties doesn't have any problems with playing time.

Crede could afford more days off...after all he's hovering around the mendoza line. Right now his loopy swing isn't getting the job done, he looks pretty lost.

Right now Rowand, Harris and Uribe all deserve to see regular time, and like some of you have said, i like Harris/Uribe at 1-2.

It's amazing to me how much more this offense clicks when Willie and Juan are at the top of the lineup.  I hope Willie will get some at bats against lefties so he can play everyday out in center and let arow be the 4th outfielder.  Even though Willie got out in his at bat against Ramirez the lefty tonight he didn't look bat at the plate like Jose does against lefties, I'm not saying willie would be great against lefties but I think he can hit them descently and I think he deserves a chance to show it.

Willie's 1 for 17 against lefties, with a single.

Even though Jose's timing is not even CLOSE to being good, he's had quite a few long drives off southpaws - 2 long loud strikes against Cliff Lee; a drive off the wall against KC and against NY (triple); a hard line-out to Sweeney off Affeldt and to Cuddayer off Fultz; a long drive off Santana and Romero both hitting the RF wall in Sunday's game; and a few singles and walks sprinked in between.....And of course in spring training he has NO problem with lefties whatsoever.

Yes, he still needs to learn to stop pulling off the ball so damn much and to stay back longer so crafty pitchers like Rogers can't exploit him with cheap tricks such as a sweeper 2 feet outside......But he's looked infinitely better against LHP even when making outs than Willie did, ever.

It's a no brainer.

But what happens when that blind squirrel starts to consistantly find nuts? Maybe he isn't blind after all?

Kenny is a good gm. Not great. But good. I've said this before. I'll never forgive him for the Ritchie deal. But you can't ignore guys like Marte, Loaiza, Harris, Uribe, and Schoenweis. These are guys he's brought in for next to nothing.