whitesoxin'

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was it dirty?

and how hurt does Uribe look?

It was dirty, but was retaliation for Valentin's takeout of Kennedy earlier in the game.

Uribe looks fine, though the takeout might of stretched his groin muscle. We'll have to see how he moves on the basepaths or fields a grounder.

It was dirty, but was retaliation for Valentin's takeout of Kennedy earlier in the game.

Uribe looks fine, though the takeout might of stretched his groin muscle.  We'll have to see how he moves on the basepaths or fields a grounder.

ok phew, by your post i thought he may have been hurt worse. We cant lose Uribe

We'll have to see if this leads to any further altercations later in the game.

Don't believe it will. If Valentin started it, and Angels retaliated, then it should end right there..

Since this game is so close I wouldn't want to give an explosive offense any chances to add more runs.

Glad to see Rowand run last inning. Small ball might be the only way we win this game.

You mean like sending Olivo HOME from 2nd on a bunt single by Willie, a move that even the 'Stache rarely attempts - with NO outs and Sox down by a run?

And what the f*** is Uribe bunting for? He has the ability to tie the game with one swing...Yeah, keep on wasting outs, Ozzie.

Uribe looks fine, though the takeout might of stretched his groin muscle.  We'll have to see how he moves on the basepaths or fields a grounder.

They had better throw at his ass next time up. Jose went in on a slide. Kennedy went in with a shoulder roll. It was dirty as hell, and should have been called for interference :angry:

You mean like sending Olivo HOME from 2nd on a bunt single by Willie, a move that even the 'Stache rarely attempts - with NO outs and Sox down by a run?

And what the f*** is Uribe bunting for?  He has an ability to tie the game with one swing...Yeah, keep on wasting outs, Ozzie.

Olivo made that mistake on his own. From Hawk/DJ, Cora was pointing over to first for Miguel to watch the play developing.....it was NOT a green light.

Uribe may feel uncomfortable against Escobar, you can't know exactly what his approach is. I'd question ANY bunt immediately after a collision, but obviously Uribe thought he could get on.

Not to mention there are only a few players on our slow footed team which can steal a base OR lay down a bunt. Uribe can hit the ball out of the park, but as I said earlier this game may remain close and we may need to play "ozzball" against a tough pitcher.

And what the f*** is Uribe bunting for?  He has the ability to tie the game with one swing...Yeah, keep on wasting outs, Ozzie.

There is no f***ing way that Cora sent him home, none. Olivo just botched that up.

On the bunt attempt it's possible Juan saw a chance to beat one out. Perhaps Ozzie did call to do it, but who knows.

did anyone else see that play at second when uribe put the tag on, and the runner had to SWITCH hands because he knew that he was off the bag... looked to me like uribe had him taged when he was off

anyone else have some thoughts?

I'm interested to hear what Guillen is going to say about the Olivo play at the plate after the game. It seems like the Sox are always making base-running errors. It hasn't been as bad this season, as Guillen appears to have a better grasp on fundamentals than Manuel did, but players are still getting themselves into trouble by not paying attention on the basepaths.

did anyone else see that play at second when uribe put the tag on, and the runner had to SWITCH hands because he knew that he was off the bag... looked to me like uribe had him taged when he was off

anyone else have some thoughts?

Uribe went to show the ump the ball and then Guillen went off the base. By the time he went to put the tag back on him, he was back on the base. The umpire made the correct call.