5-29 Game Thread

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox have so many players in their lineup who absolutely cannot get hit with men in scoring position. Is it really so hard to hit the ball with men on base? This has been a problem for several years. I'm beginning to wonder about the various scouts and coaches throughout the Sox organziation, because every player that ends up on this team doesn't have the ability to get it done in clutch situations.

In Game 7 of the World Series, the only player I would feel good about hitting with the game on the line is Frank, and he's not good in cluctch situations at all. That's how bad this team is when it comes to getting it done in these situations.

The Sox have so many players in their lineup who absolutely cannot get hit with men in scoring position. Is it really so hard to hit the ball with men on base? This has been a problem for several years. I'm beginning to wonder about the various scouts and coaches throughout the Sox organziation, because every player that ends up on this team doesn't have the ability to get it done in clutch situations.

In Game 7 of the World Series, the only player I would feel good about hitting with the game on the line is Frank, and he's not good in cluctch situations at all. That's how bad this team is when it comes to getting it done in these situations.

How is the team hitting in the .290's if no one can hit with runners in scoring position???

I've officially had it with Carlos Lee. When he came to the majors in 1999, a lot of people said he had the chance to be the second coming of Frank Thomas. My f***ing ass! He isn't even the second coming of Dan Pasqua.

I have never seen a player with so much talent who manages to accomplish so little on the field. Carlos Lee has the IQ of a potted plant. I hope he gets pulled from the game for that s***. The Sox are in the middle of a pennant race, and Carlos doesn't seem to care.

Note to Harold Baines: get that piece of s*** off the field this instant! He doesn't deserve to be out there!

for those of us without tv or radio can you describe it please

I'll set the stage:

Bases loaded, Carlos Lee has a good lead off second base. After a pitch Lee takes off for third as if he thought the ball 1. was hit, or 2. went behind Molina. Lee realizes half way to third nothing happened and by then Thomas is going towards home (obviously because Carlos f***ed up)....after a run down along the third base line Frank goes back to 3rd. Immediately afterwards Carlos is finally tagged off second base.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Dumbass Caballo is back.

Is that the second time he's been picked off with the bases loaded this year?

Ok, even I am pissed off at Carlos on that play. :angry: Thats just rediculus how far he was trying to lead off. You can look at it that he was being too agressive, but that was just stupid agressive...

Sighh.... I look forward to replying to trying to defend Carlos this time...

Oh well... 16 game hit streak now... yay i guess

I've officially had it with Carlos Lee. When he came to the majors in 1999, a lot of people said he had the chance to be the second coming of Frank Thomas. My f***ing ass! He isn't even the second coming of Dan Pasqua.

I have never seen a player with so much talent who manages to accomplish so little on the field. Carlos Lee has the IQ of a potted plant. I hope he gets pulled from the game for that s***. The Sox are in the middle of a pennant race, and Carlos doesn't seem to care.

Note to Harold Baines: get that piece of s*** off the field this instant! He doesn't deserve to be out there!

Yes, please ignore the fact he was our best player last year.(.295, 30 HR, 110 RBI, 100 Runs) That is the most retarded post i've ever seen. This same agressive play last year caused him to lead the team in stolen bases easily with 20 on a team that didnt steal under JM.

He's not even close to his HR potential this year, and his avg will be around .320 in June if everything keeps up.... He did make a bonehead play there, and yes he hasnt come through in the clutch, but to be comparing him to Pasqua? Thats just wrong...