NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll set the stage:

Bases loaded, Carlos Lee has a good lead off second base.  After a pitch Lee takes off for third as if he thought the ball 1. was hit, or 2. went behind Molina.  Lee realizes half way to third nothing happened and by then Thomas is going towards home (obviously because Carlos f***ed up)....after a run down along the third base line Frank goes back to 3rd. Immediately afterwards Carlos is finally tagged off second base.

thank you.

no reason for us to be angry at CLee:

Frank will take care of him after the game.

Of course.

I asked because I've seen eight-year-olds yanked out of games for much less. If there's one thing that bothers me about the way Sox players are handled by the coaches, it's that nobody is held accountable for his mistakes. If a guy does something stupid, nothing happens. That needs to change. The first step towards playing winning baseball is playing smart baseball. That didn't happen in the fourth inning.

I asked because I've seen eight-year-olds yanked out of games for much less. If there's one thing that bothers me about the way Sox players are handled by the coaches, it's that nobody is held accountable for his mistakes. If a guy does something stupid, nothing happens. That needs to change. The first step towards playing winning baseball is playing smart baseball. That didn't happen in the fourth inning.

Agreed 100%.

I just scanned the box on MLB game day and see that Valentin struck out all 3 times he has batted. I am a bit concerned about his penchant for the K this year. I really like Jose and what he brings to the team, but it makes you wonder if there is something wrong with his swing, etc, and I wonder if he is on track to set a new strike out record or something.