Jon Rauch Likely Finished in Sox Organization

Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if it is a 3-1 deal with Pittsburgh?  :huh

The deal is we're giving Pittsburg three players.....two of which could prove valuable at the back end of rotation someday. Far as Kelly, If Wunsch ever regains his velocity then Pittsburghs bullpen would be solitified.

Heres what we get in return: an injury plagued, inconsisent starter who can't seem to live up to his potential; pass on that deal.

Since our new PA director does good things, why doesn't he show a message by 5th starters day! Featuring Celebrity pitcher Garth Brooks!

Oh, we have to do something soon...this isn't pretty at all...although I will say this, Rauch didn't do so bad until the 4th...

Ick...I hate guys with elbow problems...that would set well in my stomach... :puke

I seem to remember a guy with elbow problems we got before the 2000 season that did just fine.

Even though you do have to watch out for these injuries, it doesn't mean everything.

Since our new PA director does good things, why doesn't he show a message by 5th starters day! Featuring Celebrity pitcher Garth Brooks!

Oh, we have to do something soon...this isn't pretty at all...although I will say this, Rauch didn't do so bad until the 4th...

And Sergio Mitre didn't "do bad" until the fifth. When hitters begin to see a new pitcher for the second, third time they become familiar with their "stuff." Rauch was simply mediocre the first three innings, and in the fourth the Angels caught up to him.

I will say this, Rauch didn't do so bad until the 4th...

Not completely. He got a lot of breaks for example, Timo throwing a guy out at home, Figgins trying to take the extra base in the first, and another big break that I can't remember. His curve just didn't look good today.

See you later Rauch.

Not completely. He got a lot of breaks for example, Timo throwing a guy out at home, Figgins trying to take the extra base in the first, and another big break that I can't remember. His curve just didn't look good today.

See you later Rauch.

Yeah, but those lucky breaks still COULD have made him a winning pitcher without that inning...we would be saying different about him with that one inning...IMHO

I am baffled. Why say this now, why not just try to deal him before saying this? I understand that he is never going to pitch for us, but we will likely get a bag of balls for him.

After his latest performance we'd be lucky to get a bucket of used jock straps for him.

Brando, this is.......by far.....the most RIDICULOUS comment you have ever posted on this board.  Listen, the players have no right to leave their team (even if there not playing) unless a situation warrants it.  If Uribe ever left a game he knew he wouldn't play in to "go to vegas" his ass would be gone.  Think what kind of message that sends to your teammates.

Though I can't argue with Prior kicking someone in the balls....he probably woulld have the advantage of doing that.  I'm sure Cub fans would line up for the prestigious opportunity to be kicked by the Messiah.

Once again...

Contrary to the popular belief, Bigger Unit's biggest offense today was NOT "leaving the team" but rather CRAPPING all over the Sox logo by serving batting practice balls all game long.

Had he pitched a shut-out through 8 today and then decided to take off a little earlier....no problem - well some problem, but not nearly big enough.

It's not as if Big Hurt or Little Willie, upon seeing him pull out off the drive way, are gonna go, "Gosh, if he can do it, then damnit so can we!!...."

See you later Rauch.

I can honestly say, my curveball has more break then Rauch's and when I throw my curve it goes down in the zone. I do struggle throwing it for a strike, but when I used to pitch on a consistent basis I had every bit the curve Rauch had today.

That was brutal and it was finishing at the letters.

I can honestly say, my curveball has more break then Rauch's and when I throw my curve it goes down in the zone.  I do struggle throwing it for a strike, but when I used to pitch on a consistent basis I had every bit the curve Rauch had today.

That was brutal and it was finishing at the letters.

Yeah I agree. My curveball, when executed correctly, breaks from a righties hips to the low and outside corner, sometimes in the dirt. It is better to be in the dirt than right in a hitters power zone. Rauch just didn't have it today. He was putting pitches right there all day and was lucky to only give up 5 runs.

All this talk of curveballs is reminding me that I start on the mound Tuesday for my summer league team. It should be fun to test out my new and improved slider and curve.

I had no clue any of this happened with Jon today. I will have to watch BBTN and see if they say anything. I just thought Jon had headed for Charlotte after pitching the game the Sox needed him for and since there was no need for #5 for about 2 weeks it was back to Charlotte. The question I have though is why all these vauted prize prospect we are supposed to have keep failing?

I had no clue any of this happened with Jon today. I will have to watch BBTN and see if they say anything. I just thought Jon had headed for Charlotte after pitching the game the Sox needed him for and since there was no need for #5 for about 2 weeks it was back to Charlotte. The question I have though is why all these vauted prize prospect we are supposed to have keep failing?

Let's just hope Honel and Reed aren' t the same way. Same with Anderson, Borch, Sweeny, Bikowski, Nanita, etc...

Yeah I agree. My curveball, when executed correctly, breaks from a righties hips to the low and outside corner, sometimes in the dirt. It is better to be in the dirt than right in a hitters power zone. Rauch just didn't have it today. He was putting pitches right there all day and was lucky to only give up 5 runs.

All this talk of curveballs is reminding me that I start on the mound Tuesday for my summer league team. It should be fun to test out my new and improved slider and curve.

I throw a deceptively slow fastball......that's it..... :ph34r: