Has anyone seen enough....

Rowand44

I know he's on a long hitting streak but I could care less right now. This guy is hurting the team every game one way or another. He makes atleast one dumb play per night and I'm tired of it. He's a liability on base, yes he can steal a base here and there but he also seems like he's getting picked off everytime he's on base. I hope he's the trade bait that could maybe land the sox a solid starter right now.

I realize your pissed about him getting picked off but don't exaggerate.

Not only did he make a great defensive play the other day but his bat has been coming around too.

I'm not exaggerating over one play. Carlos does something stupid every game and I just hate having to watch it happen every night. Today he starts running to third for some reason when Timo is up. Yesterday he sits there and holds the ball while one of the angels(I forgot who) tags up and gets into second. I don't know how many times he's got picked off this year but it must be 3 or 4 times already. Even though his bat is coming around he isn't getting any clutch hits.

How are you gonna start a post on someone who is our hottest hitter right now??

ignorant

He's not the sox best hitter, even though he's on a hitting streak. Cheat I'm stealing a stat from you .103 w/RISP, 2out. He hasn't come up with any clutch hits, last night he needs to hit the ball into the outfield to win the game and what's he do, pop it up behind home plate.

i think he has been picked off 3 times after todays game but one wasnt his fault if you remember the guy blocked his slide back and cmon who really believed timo was going to bring anyone home

Including today, I can remember him getting picked off 4 times -- 3 at first, and today at second with the bases loaded -- He might have been picked off one more time than that though.

I know he's on a long hitting streak but I could care less right now.  This guy is hurting the team every game one way or another.  He makes atleast one dumb play per night and I'm tired of it.  He's a liability on base, yes he can steal a base here and there but he also seems like he's getting picked off everytime he's on base.  I hope he's the trade bait that could maybe land the sox a solid starter right now.

Lee? How about Jose K-alentin. This guy strikes out more times than a 7 year old would up there & I'll bet you money, not even having seen the game, that 2 of em were swinging at curveballs in the dirt.

I know he's on a long hitting streak but I could care less right now.  This guy is hurting the team every game one way or another.  He makes atleast one dumb play per night and I'm tired of it.  He's a liability on base, yes he can steal a base here and there but he also seems like he's getting picked off everytime he's on base.  I hope he's the trade bait that could maybe land the sox a solid starter right now.

:dips*** You are getting really annoying with this issue, didn't you already make a thread about this about a week ago? God, a guy has some bad days and "TRADE HIM" he has good days "Go Carlos!!! we need you" that is real nice. Get off his d*ck... useless thread

Lee?  How about Jose K-alentin.  This guy strikes out more times than a 7 year old would up there & I'll bet you money,  not even having seen the game, that 2 of em were swinging at curveballs in the dirt.

Just no, dear God.

As for C Lee, I've been sick of him for a while. He's getting paid 6.5 million and bringing up an awesome sub .800 OPS. All this for a guy who's highest OPS is a pedestrian .843.

Baserunning is one of, if not the, most coachable aspect of baseball, in my opinion.

You can be a good baserunner without coaching, some guys just know how to go about it. But others can become good baserunners over time - or at least just an average baserunner that doesn't hurt your team.

Someone really needs to work with him extensively on taking leadoffs, running the bases, reading the pitcher's movements, knowing the situations, etc, just as you would do with a little league team.

While very frustrating, yes, it's something that can be worked on and fixed easier than many other problems on a baseball field (for example, jose's k problem). Surely you aren't going to give up on one of your better bats.