Best Baseball Video Game

I'm so bored on it...I can't hit worth for s***...I'm on pro and my best hitter is batting .348...and thats Harris!

.348's pretty damn good.

Look at my Record in my sig, i'm terrible.

Hate to disagree with you guys but I played ESPN for PS2 and I love it.

I love who it's more like a TV broadcast and the announcers are alot more exciting to be sure. Plus it's more simulation style while the MVP and EA in general tends to lean toward the Arcadey side...

:snr

MVP is very solid if you ask me. I haven't played the other ones though.

I love MVP but honestly, I've completely lost interest in the game already. Partly because of the fact that Im in love with OOTP6, and partly because - Well, I dont like the fact that there's a lefty glitch in the game, and I dont like the fact that the game is watered down after about 10 years because the prospects dont develop. Not like I'd play 10 years, but Sweeney, Anderson, and Reed in the system, that would be a nice OF.

MVP is the only baseball game i've played, and it's pretty good, but there are some serious gameplay issues i have with the game:

It takes three hours for all but the fastest baserunners to get to first.

It takes another three hours for a fielder to apply a tag after catching the ball.

75% of the time infielders have to stop and right themselves before throwing the ball...waaaay too many infield hits occur in this game.

Even on the easier levels, the computer makes nearly every single diving catch perfectly.

Or maybe i'm just bad at the game...

I play MVP baseball on all-star now, i remember when i first upped the difficulty it got crazy hard. You get used to it after a while, the pitcher really tries to fool you with some filthy pitches so its irritating when you strikeout 12 times. MVP for PC is awesome because they released the patch that fixes the lefty-glitch, they have player progression mods that make players progress much more realistically, and they have other mods for just about anything else you could imagine. I havent gotten sick of this game yet.

I had both last year, and preferred ESPN. This year i think MVP is better.

All-Star difficulty i pretty hard, soxnbears, i don't win often on that level either. My problem is plate discipline...i end up swinging at a lot of pitches instead of waiting for something over the middle of the plate

Also, the computer defense in MVP is just ridiculous, they make 2-3 diving catches on me per game, it's quite frustrating.

I wish MVP had a 50-60 game season, though managing is cool, i'd like to have complete control on how my team ends up in the standings. Playing 50-60 games leaves your fate more in the hands of simulations.

Right now i'm in a first year with a fantasy drafted team. I pitch with my #1, Vazquez, every game he's up, and then i also play some of the bigger series against the best teams and/or division opponents. I think playing anything more wouldn't allow me to have much fun with a dynasty.