Until Kenny Can Pull off a Trade...

Butter Parque

NO!!!!!!

Ive had enough of that! Something has to be done to bring a proven player into the organization, its a MUST by now..

THink what our record would be with a legit 5!

It must be done, asap

NO!!!!!!

Ive had enough of that! Something has to be done to bring a proven player into the organization, its a MUST by now..

THink what our record would be with a legit 5!

It must be done, asap

I agree this merry go round of 5th starters can't keep happening. Maybe Olivo can be the 5th starter, he does have a cannon.

He can't do any worse then these stiffs. I believe that our scouting team should be fired because nothing is coming up that is any good. They all suck.

When a team sets its players up to fail, should it be any surprise when they do??

Because like Cotts, he is not stretched out like a starter would be........

Rex, we and the rest of baseball are finding out that our minor league pitchign talent is NOT GOOD. That stated many teams will hold out for more because we are desparate and injured at that position. See Honel our golden boy. You know alot about our minors, lets say Kenny can't get someone, who would you bring up? It really doesn't matter at this point, but who could give us 5 innings with 3 runs or less? Is there anyone in our whole system that could do this?

He can't do any worse then these stiffs. I believe that our scouting team should be fired because nothing is coming up that is any good. They all suck.

Would any of those guys have been in the biggs ( Rauch, Diaz, etc...) if we didnt have a hole in our rotation? Nope. Right now we're like a blind man grasping wildly for something to hang on to for a 5th starter & its costing us games and position in the standings. Minnesota is only gonna stay hurt for so long & we have to take advantage while we can.

The fact is that we cannot bring up a AA pitcher.

It is just totally out of the question.

He has pitched in AAA, (even though it was as a reliever) so it isn't as if he is gonna get pounded up here. BTW, there are players that jumped from AA to the majors that really impressed. Very few, but it can be done. Not saying Munoz will come up here and pitch a no hitter, but that doesn't mean he'll get pounded. Rauch was suppose to intimadate hitters with his presence and frame, but noone was fazed. Munoz can hang IMO, even with his little presence and frame and could be intimidating. (Just ask Pedro Martinez)

Again to Munoz, how about salvaging one of few bright spots pitching wise in the higher levels of the minors by keeping him down and letting him have some more time starting games. I would hate to see Munoz come up and get beat and then get sent down quickly and be called all sorts of things on this board.

Rex, we and the rest of baseball are finding out that our minor league pitchign talent is NOT GOOD. That stated many teams will hold out for more because we are desparate and injured at that position. See Honel our golden boy. You know alot about our minors, lets say Kenny can't get someone, who would you bring up? It really doesn't matter at this point, but who could give us 5 innings with 3 runs or less? Is there anyone in our whole system that could do this?

Its quite simple, the Sox can't have guys pitching on 9 and 10 days rest and expect them to come in and pitch good. IF they are going to go with a guy they need to do all they can to help them suceed. It is hard enough making the jump from AAA to the majors, let alone making it when your going to be rusty because you haven't pitched in your normal schedule.

Pitching on the side is not the same as pitching in game situations. The Sox dicked around with Diaz, they did the same with Cotts and Rauch was and is a bum since his injury.

Its not like the guys the Sox are bringing up are some of the best prospects in baseball. Some of them have potential, but in all honesty, the AAA level isn't very good pitching wise.

I think Majewski has a MLB arm while someone like Diaz has a shot. Other then that, they have a good minor league pitching staff, but I don't think it will do much at the major league level.

However, the Sox have quite a bit of good arms coming up in the lower levels.

The fact is that we cannot bring up a AA pitcher.

It is just totally out of the question.

Dontrell Willis was pretty damn raw. I don't think he had any AAA time and he had very limited AA time if I recall. I think Brandon Webb made the jump from AA too, but not positive on that.

Dontrell Willis was pretty damn raw.  I don't think he had any AAA time and he had very limited AA time if I recall.  I think Brandon Webb made the jump from AA too, but not positive on that.

As Jas said, most of what I'd call the "stud prospects" hardly, if ever, sniff AAA...You find most of the best pitching prospects at the AA level and they usually make the jump from there unless the club feels they need to go to AAA to develop more.

Its quite simple, the Sox can't have guys pitching on 9 and 10 days rest and expect them to come in and pitch good. IF they are going to go with a guy they need to do all they can to help them suceed. It is hard enough making the jump from AAA to the majors, let alone making it when your going to be rusty because you haven't pitched in your normal schedule.

Pitching on the side is not the same as pitching in game situations. The Sox dicked around with Diaz, they did the same with Cotts and Rauch was and is a bum since his injury.

Couldn't have said that any better myself. I'm glad you recognize this.

Dontrell Willis was pretty damn raw.  I don't think he had any AAA time and he had very limited AA time if I recall.  I think Brandon Webb made the jump from AA too, but not positive on that.

I said that as well Jas. Plenty of players can make the jump. (Willis, Cabrera, Kotchman, Zambrano [i think he made the jump]) etc..