Who else is sick of Valentin....

NUKE_CLEVELAND

I for one am. This guy looks like a 6 year old in the fast pitch batting cages sometimes & if he aint waving at fastballs then he is being made to look stupid by a Slurve. Whoever said all he can hit is fastballs was right but he cant even do that very often.

I would at least like him to be able to make contact or put a bunt down in situations where the runner needs to be moved along...Those are the situations which are bugging me the most. He'll get up there and foul off a bunt or two and then whiff, which results in not getting the job done.

Another pointless thread. Even with the strike outs Jose is hitting a very solid .276, 7 hr's, 22 rbi's, with a .864 ops. His defense is shaky. But he makes a lot of tough plays. People need to get off of, Jose. If you wanna bash somebody, why don't you start with our "future all-star" over at 3rd base.

well right now he should be hitting a homer tomorrow, so as long as we get a shutout pitched by shoney we'll be good!

He has to strikeout in his 1st 3 AB's to tie his season high K streak.

I think he needs to go up there with a telephone pole instead of a baseball bat.

Never was a big Valentin fan, but he has helped us in key situations when he does get on. He has knocked down balls through holes that would have scored a runner from 2nd but held him at 3rd. Unless we trade him for another left-handed bat (which we are lacking) I see no problem with him at SS.

I've always liked Jose.

check the numbers he puts up every year.

The guy is a stud and I'm glad we've had

him on the team the past several years.

Didn't Oz say the other day he was the

best player on the frickin team??

I love the guy.

This thread is pretty useless. You see Valentin probably going 2 for 3 with a homerun and a single today, you’ll later feel like eating your own words, “I think he needs to go up there with a telephone pole instead of a baseball bat.

He's not going to have a perfect day everyday. I'm pretty sure you were happy when you saw Jose hit that 3 run homerun against the Rangers and had nearly forgotten all about the K's.

No, but I am very sick of you slamming on Valentin. He's probably one of the most underrated players in all of baseball, and is leadership cannot be measured by statistics alone.

There are much more plausible targets on the Sox (JOE CREDE, AHEM), but Nuke chooses to show his vast amount of baseball intelligence by slamming a guy who has an OPS of .862

I bet Nuke thinks Adam Dunn or Mark Bellhorn sucks ass because they strike out too much, too.

No, but I am very sick of you slamming on Valentin. He's probably one of the most underrated players in all of baseball, and is leadership cannot be measured by statistics alone.

There are much more plausible targets on the Sox (JOE CREDE, AHEM), but Nuke chooses to show his vast amount of baseball intelligence by slamming a guy who has an OPS of .862

I bet Nuke thinks Adam Dunn or Mark Bellhorn sucks ass because they strike out too much, too.

:headbang Well Said :headbang :drink :cheers

No, you don't understand - strike-outs are EVIL. They just are. 3 outs rolled in 1.

Edmonds, Thome, Dunn, Sexson, Sosa....They're just sickening.

here's the thing, i really do like Jose, i've never wanted him to be traded cuz he's such a great clubhouse guy and provides a little extra fireworks at the sox games pretty regularly. I just also think its rediculously funny how much he strikes out and i was making fun of it, its not like i dont like the guy or anything.