Calm Down Everybody

Heads22

I will not calm down! I expect us to win every game, even if it is against the team with the best record whos starting pitcher is undefeated and we have our 5th starter on the mound, in which case we are 0-7 on the year!

We will get 'em tomorrow.

Yeah, I know we lost today....Believe it or not, that'll happen in baseball. Just gotta move on and win tomorrow.

I dont think it's one loss that pisses everybody around here off I think it's why we lost. The team is still spinning the roulette wheel every 5th day and it's costing us big time.

Yeah, I know we lost today....Believe it or not, that'll happen in baseball. Just gotta move on and win tomorrow.

I'm not worried about todays game whatsoever i mean there was only one bad inning in the entire game. And the sox just did not swing the bat well but i see no reason for that to continue for a long period of time. Sele pitched a pretty damn good game and lee was a dumbass on the bases today.

Twins lost. We're still up two. If there is anybody who should be in a state of panic, it's Cub fans, who's team has just lost 3 consecutive games to the Bucs, and has cought a serious injury bug.

Our 5th starter situation sucks, but as long as we can hold up with the other four until the trade deadline, things will be fine. Although nobody is biting now, once the deadline comes along, I have total faith in Kenny that he'll pull off a deal. Hell, he apparently was on the phones yesterday looking for a pitcher.

Call me an optimist, but while we are in first place and playing well (with the exception of a game here and there) against some good teams, I see no reason to be upset. Besides, we can always pick up Todd Ritchie.

Aaron Sele owned us today. I don't think it would have mattered if MB or Loz was on the mound today, because unless they pitched a shutout, we would have lost. The whole Rauch thing pisses me off, if he really did walk out because he was pissed. Other than that, Heads is dead on right. RELAX! As s***ty as it was, it was one loss, and we are still two games ahead of the freefalling Twins.

Aaron Sele owned us today.  I don't think it would have mattered if MB or Loz was on the mound today, because unless they pitched a shutout, we would have lost.  The whole Rauch thing pisses me off, if he really did walk out because he was pissed.  Other than that, Heads is dead on right. RELAX!  As s***ty as it was, it was one loss, and we are still two games ahead of the freefalling Twins.

That's the point though, the Twins aren't gonna stay hurt forever. Once they get healthy you can expect them to make a move and we need all the cushion we can get.

That's the point though,  the Twins aren't gonna stay hurt forever.  Once they get healthy you can expect them to make a move and we need all the cushion we can get.

I know they aren't going to stay hurt forever, but I really believe, we lose this game no matter who pitches this game today. Sele is the exact kind of pitcher we have troubles with, and he kicked our ass today. Period. No sense dwelling, just hopefully these guys turn up the stereo loud, and forget this game. Then comeback tommorrow and take the rubber game.

I don't think one person here expected us to win this game.

I'm just glad the twins lost so we didn't lose any ground.

GO SOX, GET EM TOMMARROW!  :bringit

You're right about that one. It'd be a real pleasant surprise if we'd win a 5th starter game one day.

That's the point though,  the Twins aren't gonna stay hurt forever.  Once they get healthy you can expect them to make a move and we need all the cushion we can get.

But they're also in the what is supposed to be the 'cookie' part of the schedule including some series' with the D-Rays and the Not-Playing-So-Well-Until-We-Played-The-Twins Royals. We were supposed to stay afloat during this part and cruise once we got to the latter part of the season, but if the Sox could build a nice lead and go into the home-stretch with a nice lead, I like our chances.

Bleh. :lol: