William Hung

DBAHO

TORONTO -- American Idol reject William Hung butchered "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during Sunday's game between the Blue Jays and Texas Rangers, much to the crowd's delight.

a_hung_il.jpg

Hung, best known for his hyperactive, tone-deaf rendition of Ricky Martin's "She Bangs," shrugged off a smattering of boos and belted out the baseball classic off-key during the seventh-inning stretch. Some in the SkyDome crowd of 22,225 egged him on; some joined in.

Hung's presence drew media usually indifferent to baseball, including Rolling Stone magazine. The team said more media credentials were issued Sunday than on Opening Day.

The Blue Jays initially tried to get Hung for Opening Day, but that conflicted with the release of his debut album, "Inspiration."

"I still am surprised," Hung said before the game. "I can't believe it."

Hung also sang at New Orleans during Game 6 of the Hornets' first-round playoff series against Miami. In the second round, he was booed in Detroit when he performed two songs during halftime of Game 2 between the Pistons and New Jersey Nets.

Man this has to be at least 45 minutes of fame.  Does anyone else not think he's funny at all?

Me. He's awful. It was somewhat funny for about the first 2 times I saw it. After that....well let's just say I've seen him a lot more than 2 times.

"William Hung, Performs in 7th Inning Stretch for B-Jays"

You'd think they woulda paid him in money instead.  :lol:

He could probably find other ways to make money, but I highly doubt he could think of another way to get to a B-Jay...

:lol:

For the record, I didn't even find it funny the first time he howled off-key.

It's f***ing sad that a talentless doofus like this is given a recording contract and everything else he's gotten simply because he cannot sing AT ALL.