Mets Have Interest in Rauch

maggsmaggs

Damn. Until I saw that post reminding us of Glavine's standing in the MLBPA, I was thinking maybe we could trade Maggs for Glavine and a prospect. I think Borchard could fill in well enough to justify losing Maggs and gaining Glavine. But with his MLBPA standings, that AIN'T gonna happen.

BTW, Glavine would be a number #1... Not a number 3. If we were starting a playoff series, you'd almost have to start off with Glavine considering his post season experience. That is what defines a number 1 pitcher.

Damn. Until I saw that post reminding us of Glavine's standing in the MLBPA, I was thinking maybe we could trade Maggs for Glavine and a prospect.

The only prospects beside David Wright that the Mets have are the ones the Sox traded them.

Seriously.

Their minor league system sucks.

The only prospects beside David Wright that the Mets have are the ones the Sox traded them.

Seriously.

Their minor league system sucks.

Kazmir may have a bright future ahead of him, it will depend on his health.

Didn't the Sox say earlier in the year that they didn't want another lefty in the rotation?  I thought they did, but can't remember. :drink

Should they really be picky about which side a guy throws from when they can't find a decent 5th starter?

Should they really be picky about which side a guy throws from when they can't find a decent 5th starter?

I think it may have factored into our offseason moves or rathe lack of them -- I know there was some guys I wanted to shore up the rotation, Rogers, Lidle, Redman, that probably weren't even on the sox radar.