Ordonez Discussion

The Beast

You  never know who has sources where.

After all, Reinsdorf is from NY.

Yeah but this is the type of negative news that the Trib would love to be reporting...

Think about it for a second. You said yourself mets fans would kill for Ordonez. All Newday is doing is pandering to those Mets fans, thier core readership, through the veil of "inside sources" in order to sell papers.

There is a reason it hasn't been reported by a Chicago paper. There is a reason that most hear are skeptical that Maggs would turn down such a deal, or even that the Sox would offer it in the first place. Abuot the only thing that could be correct from the Newday arcticle is that Contract talks have broken down.

Again, I do not forsee Reed as a power hitter...you see we are in a dilemma, before we get a 5th starter we must realize that we cannot trade borchard yet b/c of his power...Reed will hit for contact, lose Borchard, we lose a power bat...and so thats why I bring this up...

HMMMM

Teams that would be interested in Maggs and can pay for him.

Dodgers- Need offense. They will get rid of Green if they can.

mets- Will take him and trade others.

orioles- have claimed they are already interested in him and have him as a target.

Seattle- Winn will be gone. Edgar will be gone. garcia will be gone- Enough money there.

Cubs-Yes the Cubs- Sammy may resign but not for the kind of money he is getting. Couple that with not resigning Alou and you have Magglio numbers.

Giants- Going out on a limb here but they will cut payroll this year and they need somebody to back up Bonds and eventually take over for him when he retires.

Whitesox- What will probably happen is we will keep him unless we collapse. If we are in it, I am certian we will get a chance to match any offer.

Yeah but this is the type of negative news that the Trib would love to be reporting...

Think about it for a second.  You said yourself mets fans would kill for Ordonez.  All Newday is doing is pandering to those Mets fans, thier core readership, through the veil of "inside sources" in order to sell papers.

There is a reason it hasn't been reported by a Chicago paper.  There is a reason that most hear are skeptical that Maggs would turn down such a deal, or even that the Sox would offer it in the first place.  Abuot the only thing that could be correct from the Newday arcticle is that Contract talks have broken down.

I'm not saying it is absolutely true.

All I am saying is that you can't write it off as false because of proximity. Could it be false...yes, but you never know where someone has a source.

People love to rip on the trib, but if the negativity was as harsh as people make it sound, they would never get a single story from anyone inside the sox.

Ordonez could become a Met especially if the Yankees get Beltran. We could get prospects Kazmir, Peterson, and Wright.

This from Newsday:

Man those are some good prospects, but theres no way we can make that trade while in 1st place... Unless Borchard is ready to step in... but still, I wouldnt do it.. its tough

Man those are some good prospects, but theres no way we can make that trade while in 1st place... Unless Borchard is ready to step in... but still, I wouldnt do it.. its tough

Exactly. Unless this White Sox team falls off planet earth, there is no way Magglio gets traded. Not a single chance.

Dodgers- Need offense. They will get rid of Green if they can.

mets- Will take him and trade others.

orioles- have claimed they are already interested in him and have him as a target.

Seattle- Winn  will be gone. Edgar will be gone. garcia will be gone- Enough money there.

Cubs-Yes the Cubs- Sammy may resign but not for the kind of money he is getting. Couple that with not resigning Alou and you have Magglio numbers.

Giants- Going out on a limb here but they will cut payroll this year and they need somebody to back up Bonds and eventually take over for him when he retires.

Whitesox- What will probably happen is we will keep him unless we collapse. If we are in it, I am certian we will get a chance to match any offer.

Dodgers- Need offense. They will get rid of Green if they can. They need offense but wouldn't they rather use a s*** load of that money on some other necessities

mets- Will take him and trade others.too much money invested in floyd and cameron, forget it

orioles- have claimed they are already interested in him and have him as a target.Um, Gibbons and the other OF's?

Seattle- Winn will be gone. Edgar will be gone. garcia will be gone- Enough money there.Doesn't mean they are all gone...they'll get someone else or bring a cheap free agent in

Cubs-Yes the Cubs- Sammy may resign but not for the kind of money he is getting. Couple that with not resigning Alou and you have Magglio numbers. :puke

Giants- Going out on a limb here but they will cut payroll this year and they need somebody to back up Bonds and eventually take over for him when he retires.Eh...I don't think he'll be gone any time soon

Whitesox- What will probably happen is we will keep him unless we collapse. If we are in it, I am certian we will get a chance to match any offer.He'll be back

Dodgers- Need offense. They will get rid of Green if they can. They need offense but wouldn't they rather use a s*** load of that money on some other necessities

mets- Will take him and trade others.too much money invested in floyd and cameron, forget it

orioles- have claimed they are already interested in him and have him as a target.Um, Gibbons and the other OF's?

Seattle- Winn  will be gone. Edgar will be gone. garcia will be gone- Enough money there.Doesn't mean they are all gone...they'll get someone else or bring a cheap free agent in

Cubs-Yes the Cubs- Sammy may resign but not for the kind of money he is getting. Couple that with not resigning Alou and you have Magglio numbers. :puke

Giants- Going out on a limb here but they will cut payroll this year and they need somebody to back up Bonds and eventually take over for him when he retires.Eh...I don't think he'll be gone any time soon

Whitesox- What will probably happen is we will keep him unless we collapse. If we are in it, I am certian we will get a chance to match any offer.He'll be back

It appears there is not need for this thread considering you have eliminated everyone on this list. It appears nobody would be interested in Maggs and paying him. Please print out this thread. at the end of the year lets see if one of those teams will be in the bidding!

Dodgers- They need hitting and a star. They have a new owner and no they wouldn't put it to other needs. Like what? Pitching? they have lots of it.

Mets- they really have a salary cap of about 110 million if they wanted too.

orioles- have been trying to unload Gibbons for awhile- get rid of Gibbons and get maggs, which would you rather have?

Giants- Bonds will retire within two years or he will get kicked out of baseball by the attorney general. One or the other- The guy is 40.

Cubs- Don't count them out. High profile team, lots of endorsements, national exposure, and doesn't have to move. think about it.

Seattle- Year after year they have a payroll around 90 million. Thats alot more than the Sox, and Maggs is there type of player. Line drive RBI guy. They will need to regroup in a tough division. Maggs would be a great pickup.

Sox- I agree we ahve a good shot but a better shot right now, not later. Once others start courting you could lose him. people roll out red carpets, he knows what he has here. No endorsements, half filled ballpark, low payroll, cheap owners, no national exposure unless we win the world series.

Seattle- Winn  will be gone. Edgar will be gone. garcia will be gone- Enough money there.Doesn't mean they are all gone...they'll get someone else or bring a cheap free agent in

Get in the real world sometime.

For the record on Reed.

He did slump with some wrist problems.

but he's back over .290 with an OBP of .387.

Not hitting for much power, but he's got 28 walks and only 23 strikeouts.

That's impressive for a guy less than two full years out of college in his first two months in AAA.

And, remember, he hit much better last season after the weather warmed up.

For the record on Reed.

He did slump with some wrist problems.

but he's back over .290 with an OBP of .387.

Not hitting for much power, but he's got 28 walks and only 23 strikeouts.

That's impressive for a guy less than two full years out of college in his first two months in AAA.

And, remember, he hit much better last season after the weather warmed up.

But he's overrated, so we should trade him. Right Jeckle?

:rolleyes: