West Coast of Horrors?

southsider2k5

Hmm, so it's two against the A's and three against the Ms? I'm hoping for a split in Oakland and two out of three at Safeco. I think if this team is able to take three or four in these upcoming series', then we will finally be over the two humps that have plagued us in the past (Not being able to win at the Twinkydome and on the WestCoast).

I feel pretty good about the Oakland series with Mark and Esteban going, although Buehrle is going to have his hands full going against Mulder in the 2nd game...

The Seattle series should be more interesting, they've been playing terrible, but it's hard to go deep in that park and the Sox are going to have to play some small ball, especially when they face Garcia and Moyer, both of whom are good pitchers.

Overall, I am looking at a 3-2 roadtrip for us as being as success.

I think we will be better this time around. A good sign to look at is our series with the Angels. They have beaten us badly every year and now we played them really well. This west coast series is going to be a good test if we are really turning it around. GO SOX!!!!!!!

I think they'll do okay this year.

Like Oz said in Spring Training, "Ay don' care whatchoo deed een dee pass, thees jeer eez thees jeer".

:D

Like noted above, the A's series looks promising with E-Lo and MB throwing, and the M's are having a bit of a down year, so I feel good about that series too.

Breaking the West Coast Hex would be a good confidence builder, to add to all the other confidence builders so far this year ( playing well against the Spanks, taking 3 of 4 in Minny, etc ).

So any thoughts on what will happen on this trip West?  For the longest time, the Sox have been terrible out there.  Will the Wizard of Oz continue to work his magic, or should we pay no attention to the man behind the curtian?

Thoughts and Comments?

Sox are catching Mark Kotsay at the wrong time...Mercy!

I think this team has a different attitude about heading West. I feel that they are playing better and more motivated. The pitching staff is performing top notch. Both Oakland and Seattle are not the same teams we have faced in the past, but Oakland still has a great starting staff. I predict we come out of the trip with a winning record on the road.

If we can somehow stay right around first place for this month, I think we're poised to make a run in the closing months of July-August-September. Minnesota has a pretty easy schedule for this month - Their opponents include Tampa, Detroit, Mets, Phillies, Expos, Brew Crew, BoSox, and WhiteSox to close the month.

I dont get it. Is something screwed up with MLB.com's scheduling, it has the Twinkies also playing Tampa in July for a short two game set, which would mean they play Tampa eight times in a season... I'm confused. :huh:

OT: Damn, Josh Fields from OKState is pretty dang good...

If the Sox can win on the West Coast then ESPN and others will start taking them seriously.

If you can beat the better teams in MLB on their home turf, then you've done something.

The next thing would be to beat the A's In Oaktown and whomp the Sawks in Fenway.

Just out of curiosty, what did he just do to make you say that?

I've been watching him the past two days, because it's been on FSN, and I just love his stroke. It looks like he can go opposite way, he's got power, he plays a good thirdbase, he's not slow, and he's just a strong/athletic guy, I guess that's what happens when you play football and baseball. The only thing that scares me about him is if he really loves baseball or if he's torn between football/baseball, but IIRC aboz or Rex said that he is totally committed to baseball, unlike Borchard.

I've been watching him the past two days, because it's been on FSN, and I just love his stroke.  It looks like he can go opposite way, he's got power, he plays a good thirdbase, he's not slow, and he's just a strong/athletic guy, I guess that's what happens when you play football and baseball.  The only thing that scares me about him is if he really loves baseball or if he's torn between football/baseball, but IIRC aboz or Rex said that he is totally committed to baseball, unlike Borchard.

Alright that's cool, I am hoping we draft him as well.

Do you know where I can find a schedule so I can know when to watch him and when I can watch Oklahoma's Purcey pitch?

Alright that's cool, I am hoping we draft him as well.

Do you know where I can find a schedule so I can know when to watch him and when I can watch Oklahoma's Purcey pitch?

Damn - Fields just CRUSHED one into the left field bleachers, granted it was a hanger, but man. The guy can swing the stick.

Meanwhile, OKState has come back from down 9-1 and it's now 9-8 with a runner on first in the Top of the Ninth, NOBODY out. Wow, this is exciting!

Damn - Fields just CRUSHED one into the left field bleachers, granted it was a hanger, but man.  The guy can swing the stick.

Meanwhile, OKState has come back from down 9-1 and it's now 9-8 with a runner on first in the Top of the Ninth, NOBODY out.  Wow, this is exciting!

Yeah, that kicked ass.

He got a mistake pitch and knew what to do with it.

Sorry for posting this, I know it's not the right topic/forum, BUT:

Runners on second and third, two out. 9-8 Mizzou leads, Top of the Ninth. OK State trying to comeback from an eight fun defecit...

EDIT: Bases Loaded. Wild pitch, one run scores, 9-9, Runners at second and third, TWO out.

Sorry for posting this, I know it's not the right topic/forum, BUT:

Runners on second and third, two out.  9-8 Mizzou leads, Top of the Ninth.  OK State trying to comeback from an eight fun defecit...

Wild f***ing pitch...

TIE GAME!