Gammons complements the Sox, but doesn't know our

maggsmaggs

But doesn't know OUR Gm's name

carmen schaumburg, illinois: What do you think of the White Sox team, do you think they will be able to trade for a 5th starter and do you think they can compete for the pennant?

Peter Gammons: My answer is yes, and yes. They are one of the biggest surprises in either league b/c their front four starters have been so good. Take out the fifth starter -- a position where they haven't won a game since 2002 -- and their pitchers would have the best ERA and quality start percentage in the league. Tim Williams is one of the most aggressive GMs out there. His first concerning is pitching -- and he will get some. Not only will he be a contender for Freddy Garcia, but I'll be he'll make a play on Carlos Beltran as well. With Jeremy Reed and Joe Borchard coming on in AAA, he may have a left handed bat to put in centerfield. Don't bet against them going somewhere in October.

I wasn't aware Tim Williams is our GM

But nice to see his comments about Freddy G. and even Beltran.

But doesn't know OUR Gm's name

I wasn't aware Tim Williams is our GM

But nice to see his comments about Freddy G. and even Beltran.

Sometimes I sit there watching BBTN and wonder just what, if anything, Gammons knows about MLB aside from Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs and Sosa.

I actually think their were 3 wins by 5th starters last season.

Which is what Mnsoxfan verified via internet search & displayed up top....

I also conducted a search. :) Wright won one, Stewart won one, and Cotts won one. Those are the three victories.

You know that people are going to be like "Sox 5th starters haven't won a game since 2002!" because dumbf*** Gammons is too lazy to look into things.

Which is what Mnsoxfan verified via internet search & displayed up top....

I also conducted a search.  :) Wright won one, Stewart won one, and Cotts won one.  Those are the three victories.

You know that people are going to be like "Sox 5th starters haven't won a game since 2002!" because dumbf*** Gammons is too lazy to look into things.

technically, leaving spring training last year, Estaban Loiza was our 5th starter. So we won a ton of games out of that spot. ;)