The Day After Tomorrow

HighHeat45

I just got back from seeing "The Day after Tomarrow" and it was an OK movie. The special effects are AWESOME, probably better than The Lord of the Rings. But the story is so stupid its funny.

SPOILER alert

For one, there are storms that freeze over everything and the main charecter says that everyone who goes outside in it will freeze, so he decides to WALK from Philly to Manhatten to see if his son is still alive.

On their way there they walk inbetween a frozen statue of liberty and a boat and into New York from the ocean.

Also the president and vice president are stupid and dont listen to anyone and look strangely similar to Bush and Chaney.

Its also funny when everyone is fleeing into mexico, breaking down the fences the US put up to block Mexican immigrants and that when tornados are ripping through LA the people are running around taking pictures and getting hit by cars that were thrown, but strangely no people get picked up.

There is alot more stuff that is stupid that i dont feel like typing down.

I liked it but goddamn people acted like morons. There were like four tornadoes flying around L.A. and the people were just standing and watching. Two feet of water flood New York and people are still driving in it, other people are walking toward the ocean? It takes a tidal wave to get them to turn around. Then when Gyllenhall says his dad is a climatologist for the government, nobody even listens to him. If someone says their dad is a climatologist for the government, I'm gonna at least listen to what he says.

And the Vice President was obviously supposed to look like Cheney; his character pissed me off. The president actually looked a lot like Al Gore, maybe it was a little wishful thinking on Hollywood's part.

I didn't mind the movie, it was a good popcorn movie. Fun to see the waves carrying buses through cities etc, but it could have been a lot better movie.

I saw it last night, and could hardly bare to sit through the entire movie. Alot of things were left untold, it was almost like they had planned many more altercations but only had enough time for a few of them...

I thought it was by far and wide the worst movie i've seen in the last 5 years, and spending 9 bucks on a ticket doesnt help the cause..

I got a question to.. How do wolves that escape in Los Angeles, make it to New York in the same ship as the main characters son?

I saw it last night, and could hardly bare to sit through the entire movie.  Alot of things were left untold, it was almost like they had planned many more altercations but only had enough time for a few of them...

I thought it was by far and wide the worst movie i've seen in the last 5 years, and spending 9 bucks on a ticket doesnt help the cause..

I got a question to.. How do wolves that escape in Los Angeles, make it to New York in the same ship as the main characters son?

im pretty sure they escaped from the new york zoo, but im not sure, it never really did say were the zoo was though.

And the Vice President was obviously supposed to look like Cheney; his character pissed me off.  The president actually looked a lot like Al Gore, maybe it was a little wishful thinking on Hollywood's part.

your right here are pics

Pres

pres.jpg

Vice Pres

vp.jpg

I liked it but goddamn people acted like morons.  There were like four tornadoes flying around L.A. and the people were just standing and watching.  Two feet of water flood New York and people are still driving in it, other people are walking toward the ocean? It takes a tidal wave to get them to turn around.  Then when Gyllenhall says his dad is a climatologist for the government, nobody even listens to him.  If someone says their dad is a climatologist for the government, I'm gonna at least listen to what he says.

And the Vice President was obviously supposed to look like Cheney; his character pissed me off.  The president actually looked a lot like Al Gore, maybe it was a little wishful thinking on Hollywood's part.

I didn't mind the movie, it was a good popcorn movie.  Fun to see the waves carrying buses through cities etc, but it could have been a lot better movie.

I saw it yesterday and was REALLY disappointed.. some good parts...the flooding of NY is exactly like the fireball scene in I4..but with water...although it looks good and all...but come on..

I was bored 90% of the flick..and I never get bored.

I give it a C- - -

Spiff... I'll be going for the effects and not the story. Worth it..?

Ah I would say yes. The wolves part, that was the only glaring weakness I saw. It's cool to see all the weather-related stuff happen, and if you just wanna sit back and take in the carnage I think it's worth it. That's how I went into the movie, anyhow, and in that way it followed through.

I think people are getting too critical of the plot, it kept me interested, it was just the way people acted within it that distracted me. When the antagonist is the weather, there's not really much you can have the lead characters do as far as resolving the conflicts. I mean, it's weather, there's no panacea to suddenly reverse its effects. It's not even like in Armageddon where they could cook up some wacky excursion to land on an asteroid and blow it up.

It also stays pretty linear, not a ton of side-stories, which I thought was good. And there wasn't a new catastrophe every five seconds throughout the whole movie, only in the beginning really, which allows for some good dialogue once in a while.

But if you are going soley to see things get destroyed, then you picked the right movie. :usa

I saw the movie today and I was highly entertained. Before seeing the film I had viewed this thread to see everyone’s opinions and I agree with a couple of your statements.

There are parts where you just laugh because of how stupid the people are in the film. Such as how the father goes to look for his son (Sam) at a specific location. I mean... how the hell are you going to find one single person when you have to walk thousands of miles before getting there? It’s just impossible. They even mentioned that there’s like 15 feet of snow!

But if you ignore all of the fictional events you’ll have a good time.

I saw it last night and thought it was entertaining. I know the critics really ripped the movie, but I enjoyed it. Some cool effects and in general a cool story. Obviously their was some parts you had to look the other way, but entertaining none the less.