Ordonez rejects contract...

Elcaballo45

No I know, I wasn't trying to be an attacker.  :)

EDIT- As I said, it wasn't far-fetched, that's for sure. However, I want to believe that we are turning a corner, and that things (including deals) will be dealt with better than in the past. I have to believe that because they have me by the balls, I'm a fan for life. :lol:

Oh, I know. Sorry if that read wrong.

And I'm with you. A lot of cash goes their way every winter... I'm a sucker.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart grimmises at the thought of Maggs becoming a Scrubbie! It's hard to even think about this, but in all reality, it is a possibility. Cub fans are sick of Sosa. Alou is up in age and injury prone, and Tribune has definately got money. Fan favorite or not, I cannot root for him if he's in a Cub uniform. To me, that is the ultimate barf-filled coffin betrayal.

Rather sick of hearing him talk of how he is devoted to the Sox for giving him his start, and how he wants to remain a White Sox, and work out a deal, and then goes turn-coat when we offer him the money that he originally wanted. I like the guy immensely, but if he is aquiring a say- one- thing, do- another -attitude, then dump him. If he doesn't want to play for us fans who truly enjoy him, then why should our attitude towards him be any different than his is towards us?

Ordonez sidelined, still no contract

Ordonez was a bit sore at Jon Heyman, who reported in Sunday's edition of Newsday that contract negotiations with the White Sox had fallen apart. The report went on to say that Ordonez rejected a five-year, $70 million offer and was all but certain to leave, with the Mets becoming a suitable destination.

The report already had been brought to Ordonez's attention. He didn't seem to know anything about turning down an offer commensurate with his $14 million salary this season.

"No, that's not true. That's a lie," said Ordonez of the report out of New York. "I just read the paper and that's a lie. I don't know who said that and why they said I want to go to the Mets. It's a lie, that's all I can say."

Ordonez mentioned that Tom Reich, his agent, is still talking with the White Sox about a possible new deal. But the contract couldn't be further from his mind right now.

It's a question of getting healthy and contributing for the first-place White Sox. Not knowing where he'll be playing next year isn't nearly as bothersome for Ordonez as not being able to play for the past week this year.

"I just want to play my game and that's it," Ordonez said. "That's all I want to do.

"Winning is why we are here. We're not here to talk about contracts or anything else. You're just here to win. That's it. That's all that matters."

Than he should kick Sandy in the arse. Today on MJ&H Sandy said Maggs was offered what was reported he was offered. I can understand Maggs wanting to keep it quiet. That's his nature. But his teamate outed him.

It has been reported on the score this evening that Maggs nor the Sox have broken off contract talks and that they are still very close to a deal in the 5 year 70 million dollar range. He did turn down the contract but that could be because of quirks in the contract and not necessarily the amount of money per year. It could be deferred money, performance clause, or anything else that Reinsdorf likes to throw in. However, he did not ,nor did the Sox, break off talks as first was reported.

Cub fans are sick of Sosa. Alou is up in age and injury prone, and Tribune has definately got money.

Considering how much money Sosa made and in a way keeps on making for the Cubs, not only are they NOT sick of him, they might erect a statue to him one day.

Alou is having a super-year - possibly the most clutch player in NL this side of Bonds. Cubs will re-sign him after 2004 for much less (age and injuries will lower value).

They'll get Maggs to play CF for them - if 40yo Biggio, Finley and Garret Anderson can, so can Maggs - with those short gaps, there isn't that much room to cover. Then when either Sosa or Alou bow out in a year, Maggs moves over into the corner spot.

KNowing how much Maggs means to the Sox and SouthSide, if I am Cubs I jummp on the opportunity to sign him.

Comfirmed that Maggs was made an offer.

so Sandy confirmed it and Maggs denied it? I am certian there have been many offers, but not the one we are talking about. Maggs is all ove rth enws denying this and Sandy is saying the opposite. One of them needs to keep there mouth shut.

They said during the game he was coming back to Chicago tomorrow for Orthoscopic surgery (that's what was posted - I'm at work so I didn't hear it for myself).

For someone who was going to pinch hit last night its bulls*** to think he's having surgery...

so Sandy confirmed it and Maggs denied it? I am certian there have been many offers, but not the one we are talking about. Maggs is all ove rth enws denying this and Sandy is saying the opposite. One of them needs to keep there mouth shut.

Sandy spat it out with MJ&H yesterday afternoon. Why, I have no idea. And I said the same thing about him keeping his mouth shut about others deals. MJ&H even tried to get him to confirm deferred $..

They said during the game he was coming back to Chicago tomorrow for Orthoscopic surgery (that's what was posted - I'm at work so I didn't hear it for myself).

got it, just saw the details, I now think your post is relevant. I apologize. Now the sox will wait to see how he heals and tries to make a go of it. The contract thing will end up taking all year.

Time for KW to work the phones. We will need a left handed outfield bat with some pop. Doesn't have to be a lot of pop just some.

I'm sure there have been many offers and counter-offers exchanged. Each and everyone of which has been "turned down". That is what they call negotiations. The fact that they are still talking is the main point.