Konerko

mike12345

Kong is overpaid but unless we plan on getting Palmeiro what is the point of giving up your 1st B and lose some O production for a pitcher

It is not like the teams that will be selling would like to take on Paulie

Think about the times when we were sellers at the trade deadline.....did anyone of you want a Paulie type of guy in return? Most sellers are small market teams with small payrolls....they always want cheap, young talent, not expensive vets that are overpaid

Kong is not a franchise player for anyone.

I bet we get our pitching by moving some prospects, not someone like Paulie

Now Maggs may be dangled due to his FA issues

Konerko is hitting .276/10/34 and a .383 obp....i'm glad we didnt get rid of him like many people here wanted to....I'm glad to see him performing well and shutting up all the Konerko haters

I am with you on that Mike. I also doubt that he will be traded this season. Kenny Williams has stated he isn't shopping any of the present starting line up becasue he is very happy with the team chemistry and production. Konerko is a very important part of that. Now if one were to mention Wunsch or even Rauch I wouldn't be surprised to see them go, but only if it improves the team.

Odalis Perez:

2-3 3.05 ERA 11 GS .671 OOPS

Away from the Ravine:

5 GS 35 IP OBA .193 WHIP <1 ERA 1.80

That's hard to resist, but it'd be difficult to find someone cheaply to produce an .880 OPS.

AL hitters don't know him, so I assume he'd have real good 4 months in 2004.

Ace? Not even close. #2? Probably not. As good as Garcia? IMO, yes. Makes 2 Mill less.

Getting rid of Konerko's remaining 17 Mill will be niiiice, too

AL hitters don't know him, so I assume he'd have real good 4 months in 2004. 

Ace? Not even close. #2?  Probably not. As good as Garcia? IMO, yes. Makes 2 Mill less.   

Getting rid of Konerko's remaining 17 Mill will be niiiice, too

He's also a lefty, he's got experience, will help for years to come... the list goes on