The Twilight Zone

CubsSuck1

I have always liked the show The Twilight Zone, but I've only seen maybe 10 episodes. Today I decided to buy a DVD box set of some of the shows. Anybody else a fan of the show? What episodes do you like? Maybe i can get some imput from the seasoned veterans of the board.. ;)

I love the Twilight Zone (the OLD Twilight Zone, Serling-style), though the box sets were always out of my price range. :D

My favorite one, the most memorable one would probably be "The Obsolete Man", where a librarian in the future who is deemed obsolete is sentenced to death. He sits in his room waiting for death and when one of the officials comes in the librarian just f***s with him big-time. Really good episode.

Other good ones, "Walking Distance", where the guy pulls into a gas station to have his car fixed, walks down the road and winds up in his hometown 30 years before, when he was a kid.

"People Are Alike All Over" is really neat, when the astronauts land on Mars, and only one survives, the Martians take him and build him a house just like he had on Earth, only a little caged in.

Other good ones; "Eye of the Beholder", "A Penny for Your Thoughts", and "The Howling Man" (really, really good).

The two most famous are probably "Nightmare at 20,000 feet", and "Time Enough at Last", neither of which I have been able to catch. But both have been parodied by the Simpsons halloween specials along with tons of others.

However, Sci-Fi channel always runs a marathon on the Fourth of July so hopefully I can see those and alot more that day

The two most famous are probably "Nightmare at 20,000 feet", and "Time Enough at Last", neither of which I have been able to catch.  But both have been parodied by the Simpsons halloween specials along with tons of others.

I love the Twilight Zone (the OLD Twilight Zone, Serling-style), though the box sets were always out of my price range. :D

My favorite one, the most memorable one would probably be "The Obsolete Man", where a librarian in the future who is deemed obsolete is sentenced to death.  He sits in his room waiting for death and when one of the officials comes in the librarian just f***s with him big-time.  Really good episode.

Other good ones, "Walking Distance", where the guy pulls into a gas station to have his car fixed, walks down the road and winds up in his hometown 30 years before, when he was a kid.

"People Are Alike All Over" is really neat, when the astronauts land on Mars, and only one survives, the Martians take him and build him a house just like he had on Earth, only a little caged in.

Other good ones; "Eye of the Beholder", "A Penny for Your Thoughts", and "The Howling Man" (really, really good).

However, Sci-Fi channel always runs a marathon on the Fourth of July so hopefully I can see those and alot more that day

"Nightmare at 20,000 feet" and "Time Enough at Last" are indeed both brilliant. Nightmare had a young Bill Shatner in the role of the guy on the plane seeing the gremlin on the wing, and Time Enough had a pre-Penguin Burgess Marideth (sp?) as the poor myopic bank teller who looks forward to being the last man alive after armageddon so he can catch up on his reading, only to step on and break his glasses in the final minutes of the episode.

My personal favorites are:

"A Good Life" (also remade for the movie version), with a very young Billy Mumy as the kid with the freaky reality-altering powers who will put you into the corn field if you make him mad

"To Serve Man" - outdone perhaps only by the Simpson's Treehouse of Terror sendup version ("There's still some more spacedust on the book...")

"Eye of the Beholder"

The one where (I don't know the episode name) you think the world is hurtling toward the sun all episode, and in the end the lead woman protagonist turns out to be unconscious wiyh a fever and actually the world is hurtling away form the sun and everything is freezing.

And then the last episode of the series, in the last year when they had gone to an hour format. It was a great adaptation of Ambrose Bearce' (sp?) "Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge" that Sterling had nothing to do, but bought after he saw it, taped himself doing an intro and outro and called it a TZ.

Probably leaving out a couple of really good ones, but those are the ones that left an impression.

I think the 3rd rock from the sun dude freaking out in the TZ: TM was hilarious. :headbang  :lol:

The opening sequence in the The Movie with Albert Brooks and Dan Akroyd still cracks me up to this day

The opening sequence in the The Movie with Albert Brooks and Dan Akroyd still cracks me up to this day

"Look at those zoo apes... this must be where they live *boom*boom*... Look at that fossil, it must be worth the bucks..." :lolhitting

"Wanna see something really scary...?"

"Look at those zoo apes... this must be where they live *boom*boom*... Look at that fossil, it must be worth the bucks..."  :lolhitting

"Wanna see something really scary...?"

Yeah, I heard Jennifer Jason Leigh is particularly fond of that part of the Movie ;) :o

• 1 month later...
Aaaaa! There's a gremlin on the side of the bus!

Cel_8.JPG

Whoa, thanks dude!

gremlin.jpg

Bus into the Gremlin...

gremmole2.gif

Down the hill, car stops just short of a tree.

Car rolls a little and just barely taps the tree

:lolhitting

Simpsons top all.

"Eye of the Beholder" at 12:30 (11:30ct), "To Serve Man" at 1, "Walking Distance" at 1:30.

A solid two-hour block they lined up.

Oh, and "The Obsolete Man" is on at 1pm EST tomorrow.

This marathon runs until 6pm tomorrow. :headbang

My favorite one, the most memorable one would probably be "The Obsolete Man", where a librarian in the future who is deemed obsolete is sentenced to death.  He sits in his room waiting for death and when one of the officials comes in the librarian just f***s with him big-time.  Really good episode.

The two most famous are probably "Nightmare at 20,000 feet", and "Time Enough at Last", neither of which I have been able to catch.  But both have been parodied by the Simpsons halloween specials along with tons of others.

the obsolete man has really turned out to be an interesting study...the government , which has declared there is no God , was suppose to represent close mindlessness while burgess merideth , who believes in God and in reading books (also outlawed by the government) was suppose to represent free thinking , individuality...

look at today..the ultra left , like the ACLU , is doing everything in its power to remove God and any sign of religion from our society (they have gone as far as to remove the little cross on the city emblem of LA)...

wonder what sterling would think today...since im sure he wrote that back in '60 with the government representing the conservatives and merideth representing the liberals...its kinda gone in the opposite direction of what i believe he thought