Mags needs to remove his tampon

letsgoarow

Long term is more important than whether or not he plays right now.

I am sure he wants to get all the playing time he can in his contract year, so I doubt maggs is sitting out because he is a pussy.

Magglio will play when he is healthy, and lets just hope he regains his health soon.

Unless he is ready to go by this weekend, I think we should DL him, because you can make it retroactive to whenever the hell he played his last game. Who would be called up in that situation?

Does anyone know if this injury has anything to do with the collision in Cleveland?

i love mags, but come on this is a weak injury.f

We need him and i need him for my fantasy team (ive allready lost glaus and wood)

so does this mean hes going on the dl.

ANOTHER MISSED DAY BY MAGs

Or maybe ozzie is being smart about this and doesn't want to rush him back if it's not necessary to do so. The sox have been winning without him so why rush him back if it could further hamper his status for the rest of the year.

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist or anything, but this whole thing with Maggs' injury is starting to smell.

I mean, come on, a strained calf muscle and every day he's supposed to be back and then he can't play. The Sox are leaving something out here. Either this injury is worse than they're telling everybody or Maggs IS a pussy.

And with even the suggestion that Maggs turned down 70 million...I have no patience for him.

i dont agree with the statement made that if we were back 2.5 games he would be playing cause that is bulls***.

its not like were up 10 games were up 2 and a half thats not that much. I think he would play if he wasnt named sally

A couple of things, yes he did deny that the report out of New York was wrong, secondly, I will say that this must be more than a strain. If he cannot go the first game in seattle, than just DL him. Whether he is a wimp, or we are cautious or there is more to it, if he can't go by the weekend, DL him.

Does the fact that Maggs has played day in and day out for years not get taken into consideration before the guy is labeled as a pussy? C'mon people. Maggs has never dogged it due to nagging aches and pains.

Does the fact that Maggs has  played day in and day out for years not get taken into consideration before the guy is labeled as a pussy? C'mon people.  Maggs has never dogged it due to nagging aches and pains.

I was just going to post the samething YAS. Maggs is a warrior who plays 155-160 games every year. He isn't some cry baby like Juan Gonzalez who gets injuries because his shoelaces are tied funny. To start name calling a guy is pathetic, and I'd like to see how much time these same know -it-alls would miss with the same injury.

To start name calling a guy is pathetic, and I'd like to see how much time these same know -it-alls would miss with the same injury.

If I was being paid 14 million dollars a year...none.

Assuming it's just a calf strain. If it's worse, then the club is keeping it a secret for some reason. It just seems odd that they would have this guy sit out for 2 weeks and not put him on the DL and get somebody up to replace him.

As far as turning down 70 million dollars, my suspicion is that he WAS offered 5yr/70 million but that there is either some deferred money or performance clauses in the contract that Maggs doesn't like. That's why he's able to say he wasn't offered 5/70. If that's the case, the Sox shouldn't offer one more dime, trade him for starting pitching and then go public with the reason why.

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist or anything, but this whole thing with Maggs' injury is starting to smell.

I mean, come on, a strained calf muscle and every day he's supposed to be back and then he can't play.  The Sox are leaving something out here.  Either this injury is worse than they're telling everybody or Maggs IS a pussy.

And with even the suggestion that Maggs turned down 70 million...I have no patience for him.

I guess with all the games he's missed in his career due to injury, you could put the "pussy" label on him. :D

Why, Maggs is a regular Juan Gone!

I was just going to post the samething YAS.  Maggs is a warrior who plays 155-160 games every year.  He isn't some cry baby like Juan Gonzalez who gets injuries because his shoelaces are tied funny.  To start name calling a guy is pathetic, and I'd like to see how much time these same know -it-alls would miss with the same injury.

I didn't even see your post. Great minds think alike, huh?

If I was being paid 14 million dollars a year...none.

Assuming it's just a calf strain.  If it's worse, then the club is keeping it a secret for some reason.  It just seems odd that they would have this guy sit out for 2 weeks and not put him on the DL and get somebody up to replace him.

As far as turning down 70 million dollars, my suspicion is that he WAS offered 5yr/70 million but that there is either some deferred money or performance clauses in the contract that Maggs doesn't like.  That's why he's able to say he wasn't offered 5/70.  If that's the case, the Sox shouldn't offer one more dime, trade him for starting pitching and then go public with the reason why.

Yeah AirDale, it's all one huge conspiracy... :headshake

And even Bruce Levine talked to Maggs - Get your facts straight. One last time, for the kids in the back of the room - No offer was made, no offer was rejected. :usa