Maggs Options

hogan873

i'd like leiter too, but i dunno how many years more he WANTS to play... theres a lot of talk of him turning to broadcasting like david justice or joe girardi... and pretty soon it sounds like

f*** Maggs for Trachsel, I don't give a s*** who the prospects are. The main deal is Maggs for Trachsel. How about no.

I say trade him to San Francisco for Jason Schmidt and Marquis Grissom, with us maybe including a solid prospect(probably Rauch). Gives us an ace, a CFer/RFer, and payroll flexibility, and gives the Giants a true threat to put behind Bonds, something they haven't had since Kent left.

Maggs for Schmidt and Grissom??

You must be joking... I dont wanna trade our best player for two other players OVER 30

If we trade Maggs I want to get some players who will stick around for a good time.. and not already be on the decline

Maggs for Schmidt and Grissom??

You must be joking... I dont wanna trade our best player for two other players OVER 30

If we trade Maggs I want to get some players who will stick around for a good time.. and not already be on the decline

I want to win now.

Jason Schmidt is an ace. He will help us win now.

Marquis Grissom, while advanced in age, still plays like he's 30 and still has a quick bat and is quick on his feet.

Grissom would probably not come back, but Schmidt is signed through 2005 and has an option for 2006. I wouldn't mind having a 1-2-3 of Schmidt, Buehrle, Loaiza for 2 more years after this.

I want to win now.

did you even bother to look at trachsel's stats????? probably not, so i'll help you out.

W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR HBP BB SO

16 10 3.78 33 33 2 2 0 0 204.2 204 90 86 26 3 65 111

thats in 2003

how bout 2002?

11 11 3.37 30 30 1 1 0 0 173.2 170 80 65 16 0 69 105

with those numbers on the south side he would've won 20, like i said. How's that not "ace" caliber? and he wont explode like Schmidt's about to do

did you even bother to look at trachsel's stats?????  probably not, so i'll help you out.

W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR HBP BB SO

16  10  3.78  33  33  2  2  0  0  204.2  204  90  86  26  3  65  111

thats in 2003

how bout 2002?

11  11  3.37  30  30  1  1  0  0  173.2  170  80  65  16  0  69  105

with those numbers on the south side he would've won 20, like i said.  How's that not "ace" caliber?  and he wont explode like Schmidt's about to do

I want an ace. Not a #4 starter.

Regardless, Schmidt has pitched in big games before(ie postseason), and has pitched well. He had a WHIP of less then one last year. He had an ERA of 2.34 last year. He has a K/9 of 9 and a K/BB of about 5.

Trachsel has nothing on Schmidt, other then the fact that he takes a few minutes between pitches at times. The Mets can keep Trachsel. If they want to do buisness with us, tell them to give us Glavine or nothing.

Rumor has it the Sox are after C.C. Sabathia, Ben Sheets, and Freddy Garcia.

Take it for worth it's worth. I'll elaborate more if you want me to, it isn't coming from me but someone (and he isn't just some guy who felt like posting a pipedream rumor) from WSI posted it (Otis).

Take it for worth it's worth.  I'll elaborate more if you want me to, it isn't coming from me but someone (and he isn't just some guy who felt like posting a pipedream rumor) from WSI posted it (Otis).

so who is Otis?

so who is Otis?

He was the one who brought the rumor of the offseason huge deal (Maggs to Boston, Nomar to Chicago, A-Rod to Boston) about a month or so before it even happened. He has credibility. He even mentioned the Wunsch/Bellhorn deal that was going to go down (Had Wunsch not been injured). BTW, that deal was going to happen - JR even mentioned it when he was on with the Wise Guys a while back.

Take it for worth it's worth.  I'll elaborate more if you want me to, it isn't coming from me but someone (and he isn't just some guy who felt like posting a pipedream rumor) from WSI posted it (Otis).

I'd like Sheets, so long as we don't give up an arm and a leg.

Sabathia, I say no....within the division, you don't make a trade like that. Just like why I don't want Beltran.

Garcia, I'd like, if, once again, it didn't cost that much.

Sabathia, I say no....within the division, you don't make a trade like that.  Just like why I don't want Beltran. 

Well, witesox, let me tell you this. Otis said that Kenny feels that, for each of the situations:

For Sheets, the Brewer GM would want a combo of Cotts/ Borchard or Reed.

For Sabathia, same as Sheets (BTW, I'd do the trade of Borchard and Cotts for Sabathia. Sabathia is still very young (23) and his numbers have gone down each of the four years he's been in the majors.)

For Garcia, Kenny feels that he wouldn't have to give up Borchard/Reed or anyone from the big club.

So the questions are this:

How badly do you guys want this division/playoffs?

Is it worth parting with a Jeremy Reed/Joe Borchard to get a pitcher like CC Sabathia or Ben Sheets?

Is getting Freddy Garcia without giving up your best people on the farm better than getting a Ben Sheets but giving up one of your better prospects?

Like I said, if the Cleveland GM called me up and said "Will you give me Neal Cotts and Joe Borchard for CC Sabathia?", I would do it. Sabathia would basically replace Cotts' future on the team as another solid lefty in the rotation, and while I love the potential of Joe Borchard, I think power is not an issue with this team. We need an OBP guy like Jeremy Reed, to get on in front of people like Big Frank and (hopefully) Mags Ordonez. You have to give something to get something - Borchard and Cotts for Sabathia IMO would be a good trade.

Well, witesox, let me tell you this.  Otis said that Kenny feels that, for each of the situations:

For Sheets, the Brewer GM would want a combo of Cotts/ Borchard or Reed.

For Sabathia, same as Sheets (BTW, I'd do the trade of Borchard and Cotts for Sabathia.  Sabathia is still very young (23) and his numbers have gone down each of the four years he's been in the majors.)

For Garcia, Kenny feels that he wouldn't have to give up Borchard/Reed or anyone from the big club.

So the questions are this:

How badly do you guys want this division/playoffs?

Is it worth parting with a Jeremy Reed/Joe Borchard to get a pitcher like CC Sabathia or Ben Sheets?

Is getting Freddy Garcia without giving up your best people on the farm better than getting a Ben Sheets but giving up one of your better prospects?

Like I said, if the Cleveland GM called me up and said "Will you give me Neal Cotts and Joe Borchard for CC Sabathia?", I would do it.  Sabathia would basically replace Cotts' future on the team as another solid lefty in the rotation, and while I love the potential of Joe Borchard, I think power is not an issue with this team.  We need an OBP guy like Jeremy Reed, to get on in front of people like Big Frank and (hopefully) Mags Ordonez.  You have to give something to get something - Borchard and Cotts for Sabathia IMO would be a good trade.

I like the way you think, especially with Sweeney and Anderson coming up through the system pretty quickly.

I like Sabathia a lot. I think he's a fat ass, but he's got good stuff, has postseason experience(2001...can't remember if he won a game or not, but I know for a fact that he pitched), and, as you said, is very young.

I like Sheets due to the Beckett-effect he could bring to the team. He has sick stuff, just like Beckett, and if he figures it out and gets rolling in September and carries it into October, he could be dominant.

I don't remember what Freddy Garcia looked like when he was going good, but if we could get him for cheap, I'd seriously consider making that move as well.

I'd say get one of the 3 at the very least. Then I'll be happy. If you can get either Sabathia OR Sheets at that price, I'd do it. As you pointed out, Sheets/Sabathia replaces Cotts, and then Borchard is the piece that makes the move. You live with what he does in his new home. I would prefer his new home be Milwaukee, but Milwaukee doesn't have Sabathia, they have Sheets.

Whatever move KW makes, I just hope to god he makes the right move. I don't know what the right move is, so it's a good thing I'm not GM right now.

Sabathia, I say no....within the division, you don't make a trade like that. Just like why I don't want Beltran.

but wait whitesox... these guys arent aces!!!! OH NO!!!! Their WHIP isnt under 1!!! how can you even think of trading for them!!!???

I like the way you think, especially with Sweeney and Anderson coming up through the system pretty quickly. 

I like Sabathia a lot.  I think he's a fat ass, but he's got good stuff, has postseason experience(2001...can't remember if he won a game or not, but I know for a fact that he pitched), and, as you said, is very young.

I like Sheets due to the Beckett-effect he could bring to the team.  He has sick stuff, just like Beckett, and if he figures it out and gets rolling in September and carries it into October, he could be dominant.

I don't remember what Freddy Garcia looked like when he was going good, but if we could get him for cheap, I'd seriously consider making that move as well. 

I'd say get one of the 3 at the very least.  Then I'll be happy.  If you can get either Sabathia OR Sheets at that price, I'd do it.  As you pointed out, Sheets/Sabathia replaces Cotts, and then Borchard is the piece that makes the move.  You live with what he does in his new home.  I would prefer his new home be Milwaukee, but Milwaukee doesn't have Sabathia, they have Sheets.

Whatever move KW makes, I just hope to god he makes the right move.  I don't know what the right move is, so it's a good thing I'm not GM right now.

Yeah - I'm all for making moves, but then I think - What if? What if Joe Borchard actually gets all of his stuff together? If he did, he's going to be one hell of an outfielder. That's why I probably wouldn't make a good GM.

Knightni, why not Sabathia?

Look at his numbers - (Cheat, I really like when you post stats because they're nice and easy to read, so maybe if you could take a minute and post his stats through his four years? If not it's OK, I just wanted to show the people.) - Almost every catagory for Sabathia has been declining over the years, from WHIP, to ERA, to Opponent Avg. He can pitch deep into games, too. I think in 2002 he pitched about 210 innings, and come on, this Indian team doesn't have the best pen/offense.

I think people (myself included) look at only what the only team is getting, not what we're getting. What I mean is, people look at say if we traded Neal Cotts, "Well, I would hate to see Neal pitching against us." or "Damn, what if Joe Borchard actually pans out and kills us?" Well, people don't think like "Wow, CC Sabathia would really kill the Indians, and, Look at our rotation with Sabathia in it - Buerhle-Sabathia-Loaiza-Garland-Schoenweis" That's pretty good."

I hope my blurts made absolutely any sense.