Cali

CLICK HERE

If the voting ended today here would be the line-ups:

AL

C - Ivan Rodriguez

1B - Jason Giambi

2B - Alfonso Soriano

3B - Alex Rodriguez

SS - Nomar Garciappara (Yes, of the hasn't played a f***ing game this season Garciappara's)

OF - Vlad Guerrero

OF - Manny Rameriez

OF - Johnny Damon

NL

C - Mike Piazza

1B - Albert Pujols

2B - Jeff Kent

3B - Scott Rolen

SS - Adam Everett

OF - Barry Bonds

OF - Sammy Sosa

OF - Ken Griffey Jr.

I live in Boston and I can tell you, quite honestly, that there's nothing else to do in this village except to sit in front of your computer and vote for Red Sox players. Hence, the overload of Red Sox chumps on the All Star team - I still can't believe Damon took Maggs' place last year. The All-Star game is a joke....

In the event he's voted in, Nose (Garciappara) should concede his position on the All Star team. I understand its still early in the voting process, but this is disgraceful that a more deserving candidate (in Michael Young) is overlooked.

I live in Boston and I can tell you, quite honestly, that there's nothing else to do in this village except to sit in front of your computer and vote for Red Sox players.  Hence, the overload of Red Sox chumps on the All Star team - I still can't believe Damon took Maggs' place last year. The All-Star game is a joke....

There's nothing else to do in Boston.. dude, your a joke.

CLICK HERE

AL

C - Ivan Rodriguez

1B - Jason Giambi

2B - Alfonso Soriano

3B - Alex Rodriguez

SS -  Nomar Garciappara (Yes, of the hasn't played a f***ing game this season Garciappara's)

OF - Vlad Guerrero

OF - Manny Rameriez

OF - Johnny Damon

NL

C - Mike Piazza

1B - Albert Pujols

2B - Jeff Kent

3B - Scott Rolen

SS - Adam Everett

OF - Barry Bonds

OF - Sammy Sosa

OF - Ken Griffey Jr.

It's about as meaningful as the American Idol voting.

Uribe has to get a few more steals under his belt and keep on hitting close to the current level, but right now he's the best 2B in AL. As Ronnie Belliard fades in June, Willie Harris will have the chance to get ahead of Uribe. How? By continuing his OBP march toward .400 and by swiping 15 more bags before July 10th. His defense is WELL above average and unlike Belliard, Willie plays on a WINNING team. Soriano's numbers aren't that good, esp for him, and I don't expect the Rangers to stay above .500 for long.

Damon over Beltran, Matsui, Guillen, Wells, Maggs?

Everett over Wilson?

I-Rod over Posada?

Sosa over Drew?

Nomar over Young/Guillen?

:headshake

CLICK HERE

AL

C - Ivan Rodriguez

1B - Jason Giambi

2B - Alfonso Soriano

3B - Alex Rodriguez

SS -  Nomar Garciappara (Yes, of the hasn't played a f***ing game this season Garciappara's)

OF - Vlad Guerrero

OF - Manny Rameriez

OF - Johnny Damon

NL

C - Mike Piazza

1B - Albert Pujols

2B - Jeff Kent

3B - Scott Rolen

SS - Adam Everett

OF - Barry Bonds

OF - Sammy Sosa

OF - Ken Griffey Jr.

Thats such bulls***. I hate the f***ing allstar game. Every year, popularity contest. Im so sick of it. f*** it.

It's an exhibition game for the fans, so I don't really care who the fans vote in.

I pay much more attention to the managers' selections, and try to figure out where they buckled to political pressure or the pursuit of their own team's happiness.

I had fun at last year's game and festivities, but if I'm not there in person, I barely even watch it anymore.

It was interesting to see Gagne blow a save last year - that just doesn't happen in REAL games!

Hey Koch This, think you should change that avatar and signature sometime soon??? ;)

It should be the players who vote for the starters and the managers choose the reserves, since there are many fans who don't know the first thing about the game. I'm sure 95% of these fans who vote only vote for someone because it's they only name they recognize on the entire list! If Garciaparra starts, it's gonna be a traveshamocrity!

Um, it's not an exhibition game anymore

One home game of the WS notwithstanding, the game itself is still an exhibition game.

I was at the game "that counts" last year, and despite the bleating to the contrary, many guys were still half-assing it. You're gonna tell me that some yahoo from the Brewers or Devil Rays gives half a s*** who gets home field advantage in the World Series?

If the game meant anything, they'd take the voting out of the fans' hands, since the fans are generally homers or fools when it comes to voting anyway.

The All Star game IS a joke..

The fans should have NO SAY in who goes to the all star game.. It needs to be based on individual statistics.. those who are having seasons deserving of all star status should be on the all star team

second, every team should not be required to have a representative.. Oh wow, the Pirates send Mike Williams and his 5.75 ERA!

Yeah thats a slap in the face of all stars everywhere.. If your team doesnt have someone who is deserving to be an all star then sorry... better start making smarter choices, maybe thats why your team is in last place..

and again... I think the game needs to be at the end of year to determine the TRUE all stars and not people who start hot then fizzle off to nothing by years end... just some suggestions that could help the ole mid summer classic