Baptism vs 1st amendment

southsider2k5

The American Civil Liberties Union of Virginia also said in a statement: "If the park rules allow people to wade and swim in the river, then they must allow baptisms in the river."

What are the odds this tidbit makes it in a conservative or religious reporting of the story?

Why does it suprise you?  In a lot of settings the conservate church goers are as discriminated against, as any group out there.

I'm just not sure why the ACLU doesn't PR that a little more. Most people see them as liberal hippies who care more about the right to screw a chicken than a small group of kids who want to meet once a week at their public school to pray....

that's all I'm saying.

I'm just not sure why the ACLU doesn't PR that a little more. Most people see them as liberal hippies who care more about the right to screw a chicken than a small group of kids who want to meet once a week at their public school to pray....

that's all I'm saying.

I used to think a lot worse of the ACLU, but the more I have thought about it, the more I realized an organization like that is what separates us from the rest of the world. The fact that they are so hated, means that they do the job of protecting freedoms for things we don't like, and they do it well. Granted I don't agree with rights for child molesters and the like, but if they didn't stand up for them, who would? And then were would their "freedoms" be?