Terrorism this summer in the USA

BridgeportHeather

Will a terrorist attack on our country at least equaling the magnitude of the 9/11 attacks occurr on our land this summer?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will a terrorist attack on our country at least equaling the magnitude of the 9/11 attacks occurr on our land this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I read at CNN.com a few days ago that the CIA has gathered enough evidence that forecasts a huge terrorist attack on our country sometime this summer. Where the attack will take place is to be determined. The CIA has yet to raise the terrorist alert level from it's current yellow level. But, do you put a lot into the CIA's forecast?

Truthfully, I think it's a CYA by our government in case something happens. IF---IF something happens, they can say, seeeee, we warned you. All this stems from the 9-11 commission and the report of failures of communication.

If nothing happens, Bush can say, our warnings heeded off an attack.

It was purely political.

I read at CNN.com a few days ago that the CIA has gathered enough evidence that forecasts a huge terrorist attack on our country sometime this summer.  Where the attack will take place is to be determined.  The CIA has yet to raise the terrorist alert level from it's current yellow level.  But, do you put a lot into the CIA's forecast?

It is yet to be determined. I pray to god no. Praise god that we'll have a new president in '04...hopefully he'll pick up on his intelligence...

Free speech is our greatest strength & our greatest weakness.

Do the terrorists know more about our weaknesses today than they did prior to 9/11?

The answer is yes.

If you're a terrorist & you're looking to criple America where will you attack?

Oil refineries. Why? The hardest to protect from suicide bombers. The easiest to attack near border regions. Prime target: Gulf of Mexico.

From Galveston, TX to Vermillion Bay.

On a conspiracy level, Exxon might aid you in your cause so they can charge $5 a gal.

I expect there to be an attempt at something more devastating than 9-11. Whether it is successful or not remains to be seen.

However, it wouldn't suprise me if they attack the U.S. Olympic Team in Athens.

I don't think you realize the gravity of the situation. If they take out one of the major refinery locations the USA is SOL when it comes to gasoline. No one can help us.

We will drown in our own tears because we only have two major centers to feed the whole nation.

If I'm Bin Laden & I've just learned this is the case that's my number one target.

The US stockpile, the Saudi's, etc. can't help. If he can knock out 1 major refinery center the US will have 1/2 the supply to meet it's demand for gasoline. Why would any other nation use their refinery capacity to help us out? Who would risk shipping gasoline in an oil tanker?

Gasoline would be a major target.

I don't think our free speech adds much to the terrorists, and in fact, on balance, may make us safer. A terrorist would have plenty of time to research and plan an attack. He doesn't need newspapers or reporters to tell him targets.

Also by discussing these things we can be prepared and possibly stop them.