Who's sick of losing?

gradink

What does history have to do with this year? Absolutely nothing...we have reason to be optimistic, we're 0-0 on the year, as is everyone else. If you are going to be pessimistic, you don't deserve to be a Sox fan.

Should i wake up every morning this summer and say who cares if they win today, they haven't won the series in a million years (ok a little less than a million), they won't win it this year? What kind of life are we supposed to live as fans. Optimism is what fuels me to root for my teams every day of the year, no matter how good or bad they are playing at the time. Without optimism, i wouldn't be a sports fan in this city, with the two teams i love the most being the Hawks and the Sox. Of course we are sick of losing...but the losses that have happened are over with, this is a new year. I really don't care what happened last year and will probly never revisit last season at any time in the near future. I'll keep being optimistic from the time i wake up in the morning until something tells me to do otherwise.

What does history have to do with this year? Absolutely nothing...we have reason to be optimistic, we're 0-0 on the year, as is everyone else. If you are going to be pessimistic, you don't deserve to be a Sox fan. 

Should i wake up every morning this summer and say who cares if they win today, they haven't won the series in a million years (ok a little less than a million), they won't win it this year? What kind of life are we supposed to live as fans. Optimism is what fuels me to root for my teams every day of the year, no matter how good or bad they are playing at the time. Without optimism, i wouldn't be a sports fan in this city, with the two teams i love the most being the Hawks and the Sox. Of course we are sick of losing...but the losses that have happened are over with, this is a new year. I really don't care what happened last year and will probly never revisit last season at any time in the near future. I'll keep being optimistic from the time i wake up in the morning until something tells me to do otherwise.

I like your attitude!

Very refreshing post!

We shouldn't be optimistic? Ok, let's look at our divison....

Royals - :lol:

Tigers - :lol:

Indians - :lol:

Twins - Have made no major movents to improve the team, got rid of Sox-Killer Ortiz, and possible health problems with one of ther SP (name escaping me right now)

Sox - Picked up Colon for nothing, thus the Sox have one of the most potent 1-2 punches. 3-4 pitchers that were showing vast improvment late last season, and a still potent offense, and an improved bullpen.

Yeah, you're right... we got zero chances.

- Pete

We shouldn't be optimistic?  Ok, let's look at our divison....

Royals -  :lol:

Tigers -  :lol:

Indians - :lol:

Twins - Have made no major movents to improve the team, got rid of Sox-Killer Ortiz, and possible health problems with one of ther SP (name escaping me right now)

Sox - Picked up Colon for nothing, thus the Sox have one of the most potent 1-2 punches.  3-4 pitchers that were showing vast improvment late last season, and a still potent offense, and an improved bullpen.

- Pete

better question might be will the third place team in the division even win 62 games???...wouldnt that be cool if we had 3 - 100 team losers in our division :lol:

We shouldn't be optimistic?  Ok, let's look at our divison....

Royals -  :lol:

Tigers -  :lol:

Indians -   :lol:

Sox - Picked up Colon for nothing, thus the Sox have one of the most potent 1-2 punches.  3-4 pitchers that were showing vast improvment late last season, and a still potent offense, and an improved bullpen.

- Pete

better question might be will the third place team in the division even win 62 games???...wouldnt that be cool if we had 3 - 100 team losers in our division :lol:

I'm trying to do the math and see if that's even possible for that to happen with the unbalanced sched.... ok.. yeah, it is possible.

- Pete

One Twins starting pitcher with health problems? Mays is a huge quesiton mark coming off elbow problems last year, he was on the DL, Milton is dealing with a knee problem right now that started at the end of last year, and Radke has had groin problems for a while now, also was on the DL.

There's the Twins big three, all injury ridden. I'd say there's a 90% chance one of them finds the DL by June and Santana steps into the rotation. He should already be there anyway. What a waste of a great arm at long relief.

One Twins starting pitcher with health problems?  Mays is a huge quesiton mark coming off elbow problems last year, he was on the DL, Milton is dealing with a knee problem right now that started at the end of last year, and Radke has had groin problems for a while now, also was on the DL.

There's the Twins big three, all injury ridden. I'd say there's a 90% chance one of them finds the DL by June and Santana steps into the rotation. He should already be there anyway. What a waste of a great arm at long relief.

Well, I was thinking of Milton.

- Pete