This Too Shall Pass

beck72

Whether its the "Koch kickers" bashing a semi-effective reliever, or the "Club Crede Crew" who wants Joe traded for a dozen donuts, or the "Hang Jose" group who believe Valentin is a worthless waste of space, relax.

This team is in decent shape to win the division. And to make the necessary trades to springboard this team into the playoffs and beyond.

The positives:

Shingo- filthy stuff, could be closer in a second

Marte- pitching like his old self

The top four SP- best all around group going in the majors now

Buehrle-staff ace, could go game #1 right now

Harris-hitting LH and RHP

PK- back to his steady career

Lee- waking up

Frank-steady and solid

Uribe- a junkyard dog

A solid bench

Ozzie and his coaches

K Will working the phones

Its June and we're in 1st place. Enjoy the summer.

When KW gets that front-line starter and either Finley or Drew to play CF.,.......THEN you could breath a sigh of relief and say, "We be the best team in ALC, no ifs ands or buts"

Magglio comes back in 4 weeks and all is well.

as I said after yesterdays game, we should be proud of the way this team is playing this year, granted we can't win them all and todays game ways a heartbreaker, I still like our chances. This team shows heart this year. Let's go SOX!!!

When KW gets that front-line starter and either Finley or Drew to play CF.,.......THEN you could breath a sigh of relief and say, "We be the best team in ALC, no ifs ands or buts"

Magglio comes back in 4 weeks and all is well.

Improvements will be coming. And you have to admit, there are fewer improvements needed now than we thought even coming out of spring training.

BTW-forget Finley or Drew. Beltran. Though I'd take Finley.

our four horsemen (the starters are doing well)

even though we lost both games, we outhit the A's, just need a little better than 1/20 RISP to win

the twinks lost at home to tampa, a team that was 4-18 on the road

we are still in 1st place by 1.5 games this morning

C Lee is hitting with patience and on a 20 game streak

Even Dramsfeldt looked good yesterday (other than getting caught off 2nd in the 2nd), he contributed in one of the rare scoring innings in Oak, stroked the ball well even in his outs going 1/3 and played a good D at SS

After losing to Strohs at home again, the Flubs are only 1/2 game out of 5th

We actually have a pretyy deep pen for a change, debates about the closer notwithstanding

Nice to see Burly-mon get much deserved recognition as AL pitcher of the month for May

We're gonna kick A's butt when we return for four games in July!

The game that Koch blew yestaurday wasn't that bad.  Minny lost to TB and are showing that they are a average team.  Just think of yestaurday as a game we won and one that Minnesota won.  No ground lost nor made.

I wouldnt say Minnesota is an average team. They do have a ton of injuries. And until somebody proves them otherwise, they are still the AL Central champs.

I wouldnt say Minnesota is an average team.  They do have a ton of injuries.  And until somebody proves them otherwise, they are still the AL Central champs.

Exactly; it's only June. I don't think I'll be able to relax about Minnesota until they're dethroned. We thought we had them after going 2 games up in that 4 game series last September. That didn't turn out so hot.

Well Minnesota is a pretty good team, but not great. I just think that no matter happens we won't find ourselves with a big hole to climb out of at any point, i can't see Minnesota getting many games ahead of us, even if we go into a decently long streak of playing bad baseball. We'll always be right there. And after KW makes some moves, it will be the Sox division to take without a doubt.

Minnesota has shown a resiliency that the Sox have lacked. Whjen the going got tough, they got going, to coin a well worn cliche'. Until the Twins are mathematically eliminated or so far back they don't stand a snowball's chance in hell, I'm worried about them.

For example, what if they went out and got Freddie Garcia? Would we be so quick to write them off? Who's to say they won't make such a move? You certainly can't stick a fork in Twins. They are far from being "done".

Minnesota has shown a resiliency that the Sox have lacked.  Whjen the going got tough, they got going, to coin a well worn cliche'. Until the Twins are mathematically eliminated or so far back they don't stand a snowball's chance in hell, I'm worried about them.

For example, what if they went out and got Freddie Garcia?  Would we be so quick to write them off?  Who's to say they won't make such a move?  You certainly can't stick a fork in Twins.  They are far from being "done".

Which is exactly why the Sox need to make improvements. Adding another SP is key. But another bat [LH] to replace Maggs' and for when he comes back, is probably in order.

The Twins will be around. But its the Sox who need to take care of business with some fine tuning.