Ordonez to DL; out up to 7 weeks

aboz56

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...s_mlb&fext=.jsp

As of Friday, Guillen won't be operating under a roster deficiency. Catcher/infielder Jamie Burke will be called up from Triple-A Charlotte, as Ordoñez is placed on the 15-day disabled list for the first time in his seven-year career. There's a chance that he could undergo arthroscopic surgery on that same day, which would sideline Ordonez from four to seven weeks.

"If he needs that done and it is a meniscal problem, we'll try to have Magglio back right at the All-Star break," said White Sox head trainer Herm Schneider of Ordoñez.

Not good folks...

God f***ing damnit

Get well soon mags.

I asked this in another thread and didn't get an answer.......

how did mags get injured, does anyone know? If I remember he left inbetween innings.

This is an updated story from the previous one and it sounds to me that it's serious enough that he is going to miss significant time. He won't play again before the all-star break IMO... :crying :crying :crying

This is an updated story from the previous one and it sounds to me that it's serious enough that he is going to miss significant time.  He won't play again before the all-star break IMO... :crying  :crying  :crying

:crying :crying :crying :crying

Why are the sox calling burke up give reed his shot now since it seems borchard is also a little banged up.

At least it gives a chance for Aaron Rowand and Ross Gload to play more, plus we can keep Willie Harris in CF. We need Carlos, Frank and Paulie to keep their hot bats goin for a while longer though. ;)

:crying  :crying  :crying  :crying

Why are the sox calling burke up give reed his shot now since it seems borchard is also a little banged up.

I think they are bringing him up cause he's been here before...?

If it's not going to be a long fiasco with Maggs perhaps they don't want to waste an option on Reed?

Because Reed batted about .250 in May in the bandbox that is Charlotte, against AAA pitching. There's no need to start the clock on a him already. -- Gload/rowand will see extended playing time now.

Welcome to next season folks, let's see how the club responds.

And depending on how severe Borchard's back problems are, if he comes back soon and begins hitting like he was before, he'll be up shortly.

Here's your answer ;)

Yet, it looks as if Burke will get his second call to the South Side this season, if the decision truly falls to Guillen. The White Sox manager has left-handed hitting outfielders in Ross Gload and Timo Perez, and feels confident in their ability to play on a more regular basis. If the switch-hitting Borchard or left-handed hitting Reed were called up, their development would require the chance to be in the lineup almost every day.

"It's my call for what I need, but (White Sox general manager) Kenny (Williams) and (director of player development) David Wilder will make the final decision," Guillen said. "I would like to have Burkie for the extra catcher, and I might need a right-handed pinch-hitter.

"If Borchard comes up, he has to play. If Reed comes up, he has to play. I don't want to sit that kid on the bench."

"It's my call for what I need, but (White Sox general manager) Kenny (Williams) and (director of player development) David Wilder will make the final decision," Guillen said. "I would like to have Burkie for the extra catcher, and I might need a right-handed pinch-hitter.

If they had made this descision before the game today, Burke would hace been on the bench so that Ozzie could have batted Miguel instead of Sandy vs. Rhodes late in the game. Olivo is hitting almost .500 against LHP.

I think they are bringing him up cause he's been here before...?

If it's not going to be a long fiasco with Maggs perhaps they don't want to waste an option on Reed?

True but if he's out almost two months don't you think that would be some nice pt for reed.

Do you see now why you don't pay the likes of Carlos Beltran 17 Mill a year over multiple years when you have a small/mid budget?

One awkward swing or a bad slide or just general wear and tear....and that speed/range in OF are gone. Vlad and Griffey are other examples.

Luckily Maggs was never about pure speed, so if it's indeed what they say it is, his game shouldn't suffer much if ar all. (Knock on wood)

True but if he's out almost two months don't you think that would be some nice pt for reed.

That's why I think they are bringing Burke first. Until they know for sure what's up with Maggs.

I just heard that Joe has a slight injury..? Anyone else hear of this?

Reed has cooled off a bit also, which might be a factor in him not being called up.

Edited to add: Nevermind on the Joe injury comment. I thought it was something else from the back issue that's had him sidelined the past few days.

That's why I think they are bringing Burke first. Until they know for sure what's up with Maggs.

I just heard that Joe has a slight injury..? Anyone else hear of this?

Reed has cooled off a bit also, which might be a factor in him not being called up.

Edited to add: Nevermind on the Joe injury comment. I thought it was something else from the back issue that's had him sidelined the past few days.

Ok that makes sense. Hopefully it will only be a short stint on the dl and we won't have to worry about that.

The worst part about this is indeed the timing. Two reasons:

Interleague play- this will mean konerko will sit and take a power bat out of the lineup. That would mean two power bats out of the lineup, maggs and konerko.

next: Cub series- The Cubs will be completely healthy by then and we won't. Again two power hitters out of the lineup.

lets get the fifth starter and lets trade for another outfielder with decent pop. Winners get this stuff done.

Guest JimH

First 6 interleague games at U.S. Cellular so we've still got the DH.

Then Marlins, then Expos. We should be able to handle the Expos even with a few bats missing from the lineup (fingers crossed).

That said there are still holes which need fixing. Rowand really disappointed me in that at bat vs. Rhodes. 2-0 count and instead of being patient he tries to yank the ball and grounds out weakly to SS. Damn, use your head. The guy had questionable control, take a pitch. Even Gload had a hell of an at bat, going down in the count 1-2 and drawing a walk. Rowand had his head up his ass today.